No announcement yet.

New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish Cemetery Dance did both of them, very thankful for my Doctor Sleep preorder, the folks over at theDarkTower.org are not happy with the cover either, some are cancelling their preorders

Comment

The picture is very Locke and Key. It's what I would expect if they were doing a graphic novel, not for this edition and certainly not for the price they charged. I was expecting just a little more effort than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
        I wish Cemetery Dance did both of them, very thankful for my Doctor Sleep preorder, the folks over at theDarkTower.org are not happy with the cover either, some are cancelling their preorders
        I'm grappling with that decision myself

Comment

me too, it's a lot of money to pay for a cover I just don't like

Comment

I'm worried about the interior art as well. No offense to Gabriel, I blame Sub Press for this because they should have known better. Isn't Gabriel doing NOS4A2 as well?

Comment

For this one I have to fall back on the fact that this is a limited of THE SHINING!!! Even not being on the chosen art style, it will still be nice to have a solid copy of The Shining.

Comment

I'm thinking about how ticked the people that spent the obscene amounts on it are. I'm disappointed and I only bought the gift edition!

Comment

I think people need to remember that the artist WAS announced before orders were taken. Granted the artist was changed once, but it was still before they opened up ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    I think people need to remember that the artist WAS announced before orders were taken. Granted the artist was changed once, but it was still before they opened up ordering.
                    Yeah... all things considered people should have known what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                      Yeah... all things considered people should have known what to expect.
                      I knew what to expect when it was announced that Sub Press would be doing the limited but I remained hopeful until I saw the cover, I don't think anyone was expecting that

Comment

I won't cancel, but only because it's The Shining. When this forum started, we had a thread about which book we'd want a new signed limited for and this was my choice. Best be careful what you wish for, I guess.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                          I knew what to expect when it was announced that Sub Press would be doing the limited but I remained hopeful until I saw the cover, I don't think anyone was expecting that
                          IDK I don't think the cover is that drastically different from what Rodriguez normally puts out. Granted the choice of the cover itself -- Danny and Tony outside the Overlook -- could be better but artwise it's par for the course. It was always going to have that style.

Comment

I'm not going to cancel because it makes no sense to me to have the sequel to The Shining but not The Shining itself. I just hope there's better interior. The cover just strikes me as dull or plain, like it's missing something.

Comment

I actually like Gabe's work, but this cover does not work for me.
                              Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                                IDK I don't think the cover is that drastically different from what Rodriguez normally puts out. Granted the choice of the cover itself -- Danny and Tony outside the Overlook -- could be better but artwise it's par for the course. It was always going to have that style.
                                Glad someone likes it, I was starting to feel bad for Sub Press and the artist because of all the negative reactions it is getting

Comment

Working...
                                X