For the next 2 weeks my novella, The Zombie Show is on sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. The reviews have been fantastic and anyone who's been looking for a solid zombie read should check it out. And if the price is too steep for an unproven author, you can get Slay Me for free today and read an excerpt. Give it a shot and see what everyone's talking about.

Slay Me - free on Amazon
The Zombie Show - UK

And what are people saying?

Ursula K. Raphael "AstraDaemon of The Zombiephiles"-
I've read hundreds of zombie stories: novels, short stories, and flash fiction...but, never have I read anything like The Zombie Show. The POV of the zombie Jose was brilliantly tragic and horrifically entertaining, and provided an interesting angle to the story. I haven't read a more compelling character since Truman in Paffenroth's Dying to Live series.

The setting is a post-apocalypse world where zombies still exist, but the undead threat has nearly been eliminated. An undercover rogue agent, Cole, is working with several cartels to take out one man, Mazatlan. The villain is extraordinarily intimidating and deadly, and he provides an illegal road show consisting of zombies having sex with human females.

While the story works as a fabulous stand-alone, I sincerely hope Rice would consider turning The Zombie Show into a series.

Rice also includes the previously released story, Fleshbags - the grossest piece of fiction I have ever read - with The Zombie Show. The second novella is divided up into hours, with alternating POVs, and follows the events of an outbreak in one town. There is also supposed to be a sequel in the works.

The two stories are nothing alike, with the exception that they are both terrific zombie stories. Most of the horror authors that I read are very creative, constantly expanding the zombie genre far beyond the stereotypes featured in zombie films, but Rice stands out with his talent for blending elements of bizarro fiction with undead themes, thus giving each individual story its own unique plot.

Horror Nerd-
The zombie apocalypse has ended and the world is on the mend. Zombies still exist but they are few and far between. Nefarious cartel leader Mazatlan, has risen to the top of Mexico's underworld, and synthesized a strain of the zombie virus(NMX-13). He uses the zombies as entertainment providing fights and live zombie sex shows. Agent Green is undercover with one objective on his mind; kill the elusive Mazatlan.

Rice is back with another zombie tale, this time as "The Zombie Show" a novella filled with undead goodness, covert action, sex, and violence. Gerald Dean Rice's previous zombie works "30 Minute Plan" and "Fleshbags" offer a unique spin on the zombie genre. "The Zombie Show" shows the after effects of a zombie apocalypse and how we as humans adapt.

Cole is the protagonist with a tragic history and Mazatlan is ruthless vile war monger thinking of only himself. Two characters on the opposite ends of the spectrum that provide enough entertainment, but the zombies are the star of this show.

The zombies in this tale are different than most. They retain some memories and the ability to have sex. Quiet an upheaval of the traditional zombies and one aspect of the story I liked. Sure it over the top and at times absurd but in the end it's a fun time.

Veronica L Smith-
I've been reading everything that Gerald Rice writes and I have to admit I think this may be some of his best work. I love a good zombie story but this takes the cake. Its a whole new world and meaning to be a zombie in this book. The characters are great and I love Cole; if anyone can get through this its Cole. If you want to read an entirely new take on zombies you have got to read The Zombie Show.

I also loved Fleshbags:
Gerald Rice has fast become one of my favorite authors. I have read all his books and stories and have always been happily surprised as well as entertained. Fleshbags is a newer style of zombies but it just makes it more interesting. Anyone can write a plain old zombie book but Gerald always puts a little extra in his zombies. His characters are great; Ms. Mila and Sentinel are kicked some serious butt! I would recommend anything Gerald has written. They are all so different from each other but I enjoy them all same! You won't be disappointed. His short story The Dead Child is also included and I found this story very entertaining.