No announcement yet.

Dark Tower: The Wind Through The Keyhole - DMG Limited Editions in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard somewhere that it wasn't as long as 3-7 but longer than 'The Gunslinger'

Comment

That's what I heard.
      Also, it's a stand-alone novel. I'm glad, as I don't have to re-read the first four novels.

sk

Comment

Yes i love the books but i have so much more that i have never read before!

Comment

Man. I better start reading some of these books. Oh, and I was wrong again Frik. I not only haven't read The Tommyknockers (is it worth reading?), but I saw you brought up Bage of Bones on this site and remembered that book was in my "stack" of books I haven't read yet..mostly non-fiction but a couple novels. And you also said it was one of the best he's ever written. Maybe I'll read that one then have to start on the DT ones. But I don't know if I can get through such big books like that without losing interest..I might be able to read the first two, then it'll take me another five years to finish the rest, and by that time, the 20th or 30th DT book will have been published.

Comment

I would recommend Bag of Bones over Tommyknockers. I enjoyed both, but I can see interest being lost with Tommyknockers with how long it is, and I wouldn't rank that one as one of his best anyway. Bag of Bones I would consider one of the best King books I've read though.
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
              I not only haven't read The Tommyknockers (is it worth reading?), but I saw you brought up Bage of Bones on this site and remembered that book was in my "stack" of books I haven't read yet..mostly non-fiction but a couple novels. And you also said it was one of the best he's ever written. Maybe I'll read that one then have to start on the DT ones.
              The Tommyknockers I enjoyed. it's not one of the better novels King has ever written, but it's still an enjoyable tale. Bag of Bones is a definite yes; one of King's best. But that's just my opinion.

sk

Comment

OK, then, I'll start with Bag of Bones, and then probably move onto the DT novels.

Comment

2012 will not come soon enough for that book...
                  ----

Webmaster of a french website dedicated to Stephen King : the Club Stephen King
                  Also available on twitter, @ClubStephenKing

Comment

Yeah, but it's still an entire year away. I have all of them from Grant except the first; the first one I have is a UK trade paperback I bought in the 90's.
                    But I also have all of them from the Stephen King Library...can't find most since I keep tons of books in a closet I haven't been in for years. There's so damn many, I can't even walk around inside to find them.

Comment

I'll echo previous comments on Bag of Bones. It's actually my favorite King book.

Blu
                      Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
                      Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu Gilliand View Post
                        I'll echo previous comments on Bag of Bones. It's actually my favorite King book.

Blu
                        I'll echo your echo.

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Wow. So many love it, and we only listen to it on the road. I'll have to start traveling more. I will say it has picked up significantly. Maybe I'll throw it on while I fix my shower over the next week LOL.
                          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Well, since Bag of Bones seems to be liked by everyone, I'm dropping Triage and going to start on Bag.....tonight.

Comment

I have to admit that BoB is one King book that i have yet to read!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                                I have to admit that BoB is one King book that i have yet to read!
                                Same here, but with all these recommendations I'll be sure to give it a read soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X