No announcement yet.

Dark Tower: The Wind Through The Keyhole - DMG Limited Editions in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair if you could see the ammount of work that a 2 person team (one part-time) has to do you might realise why an e-mail might go missing every once in a while. E-mail her again and i'm sure you will get a response!

Comment

DMG's website says it's standard policy is:

"If you would like to pay by check or money order then please: leave the Credit Card information blank, print this page [Shopping Cart order page], mail with payment."

DMG doesn't play games with payment methods, so I'm sure they'll have this option in place when TWITKH ordering is finally open.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
        To be fair if you could see the ammount of work that a 2 person team (one part-time) has to do you might realise why an e-mail might go missing every once in a while. E-mail her again and i'm sure you will get a response!
        I did the same night I posted my last message here and still no response. You may so, oh, it's so close to Thanksgiving and maybe they took off early. If so, then they should have an automated response to say so. And I'm sure my original message didn't go unnoticed. It really pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
          DMG's website says it's standard policy is:

"If you would like to pay by check or money order then please: leave the Credit Card information blank, print this page [Shopping Cart order page], mail with payment."

DMG doesn't play games with payment methods, so I'm sure they'll have this option in place when TWITKH ordering is finally open.
          They still should have the common courtesy to reply. They think because they get King to do some work for them once in awhile they can treat customers anyway they wish. That maybe true with others but not me, especially like I said above, someone who has spent thousands of dollars on their damn books. And I know several small press shops that hate Grant because of that. I know one in particular who has done several signed King books who told me he'd never do business with them.
          If I continue to buy some King books, I'd rather pay an extra 50 bucks from Betts to get the same book. Their policies are both incredibly stupid and incredibly arrogant.
          And if I sound really pissed off it's because I am. I would just like some people here who have never done business with them to know how they treat their customers.

Comment

Well i have never had any problems with Grant, none at all.

Comment

I've only ordered from them twice and other than the week-long wait for them to process my order, I've been satisfied with them. Of course, I've never been involved with them when trying to get a first printing of one of their books.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The main problem I have is their refusal to answer my emails....I even said it's really important Karen, please reply. Nothing. Just that alone would piss me off, but also them knowing I bought so many thousands of dollars worth of their stuff just really enrages me.

Comment

I've never had any issues with DMG. All the announcements in their newsletters and website have a plea not to ask them questions about the book (probably so that they don't get buried in them), but still, I'm sorry to hear you're not getting a direct answer to your email.

One thing I like about Grant is that they won't make us pay a year or so in advance. I don't mind prepaying for orders, yet I find it refreshing that Grant waits until the product is complete (or very near complete) before taking anyone's money.

In any case, they have a provision for taking checks for general orders, as mentioned above, and if it helps, they did take checks when they released the last book in this series, the LSOE S/L and AE.

Good luck!
                  Last edited by Patrick; 11-26-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

One thing I like about Grant is that they won't make us pay a year or so in advance. I don't mind prepaying for orders, yet I find it refreshing that Grant waits until the product is complete (or very near complete) before taking anyone's money.
                    That's what I really like too about them, but that's about it.

But you do think they'll accept a check for the upcoming DT book?? That's really important since I don't have the funds in most of my credit cards anymore thanks to buying so many other books and watches as well as postage and fees from stuff I sell on ebay. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't accept a check? But if they do, I think that's it for me. I'll buy that book, but nothing else from them again.

And thanks for the information and just for replying, I appreciate it.

Comment

Happy to assist. Yes, I'm sure they'll take checks. They take them in general, and they took them for LSOE (I dug up the old DMG emails last night to confirm). This is pretty much a carbon copy of the LSOE process, so there is no reason for them to suddenly change tactics. They really do try to accommodate people's preferred payment methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                        Happy to assist. Yes, I'm sure they'll take checks. They take them in general, and they took them for LSOE (I dug up the old DMG emails last night to confirm). This is pretty much a carbon copy of the LSOE process, so there is no reason for them to suddenly change tactics. They really do try to accommodate people's preferred payment methods.
                        Yeah, I actually received an email from Karen today, but I said what would happen if the check gets lost in the mail? Would I have the opportunity to send another? She wouldn't even address that, which again, pisses me off. Here's the actual message:

Scott,

We have no information regarding payments that I can provide you at this time.

We do accept checks, but if it gets lost in the mail, we have no control over that.

Sincerely,

Karen
                        Acting like I'm a complete moron saying we have no control over checks getting lost in the mail. No shit?? Wow I didn't know that!
                        LOL. But it's the sarcasm I don't appreciate either. When I do it on here, I'm just kidding around but she's not. And I don't understand why they act like this book is some type of enormously important national secret. Christ, it's just a signed book. Oh well.

Comment

I'm not sure I see sarcasm in that message from her, but I do agree it would have been nice to answer if you'd be able to send another. Also don't see the point in saying they had no control over a check being lost in the mail. I'd be pretty annoyed as well in your position

One way to decrease any chance of it being lost would be to send it Certified Mail at a post office, though I'm sure you already knew. More expensive that way though, little under $3 here for that service.
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                            I'm not sure I see sarcasm in that message from her, but I do agree it would have been nice to answer if you'd be able to send another. Also don't see the point in saying they had no control over a check being lost in the mail. I'd be pretty annoyed as well in your position

One way to decrease any chance of it being lost would be to send it Certified Mail at a post office, though I'm sure you already knew. More expensive that way though, little under $3 here for that service.
                            Yeah, that's what I'll probably end up doing...sending it certified. But I still might just forget about Grant because of the way they treat people like me who have spent so much on their damn books. If I do get this one, it'll be my last from them. And afterwards, I'll send an email telling why it will be my last; someone else can register the next book they put out by King as I already have more than enough. Funny, I used to be a big fan of theirs but that's defintely over with.

Comment

I think DMG would be reasonable in terms of giving you a chance to send a replacement check, but I think they'd rather address the issue if and when it comes up rather than starting to issue blanket statements in advance. That aside though, I agree with the concept of sending actual checks by certified mail. I always do that on the rare occasion I pay for a book by mailing a check. For my own peace of mind.

Comment

You know, I can't remember ever sending a letter by certified mail. I know I must have, but just can't recall it. But by that email I posted above, it sure doesn't sound like I'd get a second chance. I am defintely sending it certified as I know have a criminal investigation going on for involving some scum at the post office once again swiping one of the watches I sold on ebay. It was my most expensive sell ever too, a $2600 TAG Heuer Swiss watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X