No announcement yet.

Dark Tower: The Wind Through The Keyhole - DMG Limited Editions in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if it is more than $300, in my opinion you are best taking the hit & selling it on the secondary market afterwards because there will be pleanty of people who will be missing out!

Comment

CD lists the Scribner version as 336 pages.
      Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Has anyone heard about the length of the new DT book?

Comment

Yeah, there will be. But people don't seem as interested in King like they used to be. Twenty years ago there would have been tens of thousands of people wanting the limited of this book, now I bet there aren't more than a few thousand.
        Last edited by theenormityofitall; 07-29-2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I think the problem with expecting a big gain reselling this one is that it's the middle book of a series. If someone is buying this second hand, then they likely don't have much of the rest of the series already in limited edition, so I would not expect people to pay as much of a premium buying this after the fact since they still would not have a complete set.

Comment

I think the problem with expecting a big gain reselling this one is that it's the middle book of a series. If someone is buying this second hand, then they likely don't have much of the rest of the series already in limited edition, so I would not expect people to pay as much of a premium buying this after the fact since they still would not have a complete set.
            You may be right there, but there are a significant amount of people who will not get the chance at this new who have the rest of them. This is due to the print run being much smaller than the other Dark Tower limiteds. Also the fact that the people that bought the limited of LSOE get first crack at it, and a lot of people did not purchase the limited of that even though they have the rest of the series. So you might be surprised on the resale value.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Good point Dan. I forgot about the lower print run.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                You may be right there, but there are a significant amount of people who will not get the chance at this new who have the rest of them. This is due to the print run being much smaller than the other Dark Tower limiteds. Also the fact that the people that bought the limited of LSOE get first crack at it, and a lot of people did not purchase the limited of that even though they have the rest of the series. So you might be surprised on the resale value.
                It's so odd that I can't even remember buying LSOE. I know I somehow won it in a lottery, but I'm wondering why I didn't get first shot at it in the first place? Having the final three DT books all as limiteds and buying them all through Grant, wasn't enough? I'm still thinking mine will be worth more because of the numbers...911. But I have 544 of LSOE, so Karen at Grant told me I'd get 544 of the new one. I sure hope I have the funds.
                But I'll bet anything that David at Betts will have several copies and if people here can't get one, he'll have them probably for only
                $75-100 more than the publisher's price. But he tried hard to get me to sell him my copy of LSOE and I almost went for it. I didn't even realize at the time if someone has that book, they can just register it with Grant and there would of went my chance at the new one (and perhaps future King books in the future).

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                  It's so odd that I can't even remember buying LSOE. I know I somehow won it in a lottery, but I'm wondering why I didn't get first shot at it in the first place?
                  That is weird. Maybe you have to have your previous book registered. I'm not sure, your number is low enough that you should have been eligible for first shot at LSOE. Although you should consider yourself lucky that you ended up with a different number of LSOE as if it matched the rest of yours "911" you would not have been eligible for The Wind Through The Keyhole.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

That is weird. Maybe you have to have your previous book registered. I'm not sure, your number is low enough that you should have been eligible for first shot at LSOE. Although you should consider yourself lucky that you ended up with a different number of LSOE as if it matched the rest of yours "911" you would not have been eligible for The Wind Through The Keyhole.
                    I actually had to email Grant and it was Karen who told me I won it in a lottery, like I said, I literally can't remember ordering or paying for it probably because so many things have been going on over the past year. In case I didn't mention it already somewhere on here, I'm taking a painkiller for a couple of herniated discs I have from a fall at work so if I repeat myself, you'll know the reason lol. And that's also the only reason I bring the painkiller stuff up (repeating myself, forgetting, etc).
                    The last book from Grant before LSOU, had to have been the last DT book I got as a limited, so if I have 911 as the number, it wouldn't have mattered because I still could not have first shot at King's new one; it's over 800 (obviously). Wasn't there only 800 of LSOU done? I still haven't taken it out of the shrinkwrap like I said I was going to do. If there's more than 800, then I guess I did get lucky with it being 544, and the only reason I know that, is because it's marked with that number on the wrap. And Karen confirmed I'd get first shot at the new one...how many LSOU were published? Must be more than 800 since Grant said in the ad that they were surprised King only agreed to sign 800....and there would be a lottery for the remaining few that will be left. So all you guys on here be sure to enter it! My copy is gauranteed! I just have to worry about paying for it.
                    That was a long post

Comment

I just read your post again. My numbers on the last three DT books are all 911, so I couldn't of got first shot at LSOE since there aren't many being publlished; it was only because I had 544 of LSOU that I get first crack at the new one. But again, I can't remember entering any type of lottery for that book (when was it even published??). And I still don't know how many were published...I'm thinking it must be 900 since Grant said there will be a few left. Maybe I should just open it and look lol.

Comment

Massive thanks to Karen & Robert at Grant Books who showed me around. The new book looks to be coming on really well & they showed me the cover artwork which is stunning! I'm very impressed with the artwork that he has sent through. Really looking forward to this!!!

Comment

I wish they would take orders already considering it's coming out in Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                            Massive thanks to Karen & Robert at Grant Books who showed me around. The new book looks to be coming on really well & they showed me the cover artwork which is stunning! I'm very impressed with the artwork that he has sent through.
                            Thanks for the update, Tom. Much appreciated!!

sk

Comment

Tom, I'm happy for you and jealous of you.

I'm glad they're not taking orders yet. I need my wallet to get through the holidays before I package it up and send it to DMG.

Comment

Yeah, they should. I contacted Karen and she didn't even reply if I could pay by check. I'm starting to sour on Grant as well, especially all the crap I bought from them over the years and she doesn't even have the courtesy to reply.
                                I wish I had some idea of how much this thing will cost...$300-400. If it was fair, it would be about $250 or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X