Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick
    replied
    I ordered my S/L's and an Artist Edition. I would have ordered two AE's but since they're unnumbered, I'll probably order another one at a later date.

Personally I'm good with the pricing levels they've chosen. Given the popularity of the Dark Tower series and the relatively low number of S/L's, the $350 asking pricing could have been a lot higher -and they would have gotten it.

In regards to the lottery, I doubt that many copies will go unsold in the intial offering. I think it's fair of DMG to allow the owners of LSOE > 801 to have the first shot at the extra copies.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I'm about to order the signed/limited but I sure hope they don't come up with another one for awhile. A total of almost $400???
    Waaaaay too much. Does anyone now if King will do more DT books? I figured I had no choice but to get one not only because I was lucky enough to win the lottery, but because I already have 4 signed /limited of the DT books. How can I pass that up? But the good thing is there's only 800 copies being made.

But do any of you guys know how long I have to order it? A week or more? Plus, I read the people who have numbers above 800 I think it is of Little Sisters...will be the only ones allowed to enter the lottery for this book. Kinda odd.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Got the artist edition, which is all I qualify for. That's ok, as my DT series is all just Grant artist or trade editions anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Yep, just ordered my copy of The Wind Through the Keyhole - Artist Edition. I don't qualify for the numbered one.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Great. I need to be spending more now!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    I've ordered a S/L and the artist edition, love the cover and artwork shown, can't wait to read the new stuff from mid-world!

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Welcome to issue #75 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

19 December 2011

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THE DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE
    1. WEB ORDER PAGE
    2. DEPOSIT/INSTALLMENT OPTION
    3. ARTIST EDITION
    4. DELUXE EDITION
    5. SCRIBNER TRADE EDITION
    6. TRADE EDITION SLIPCASE
    7. PRINTED FLYER
    8. ORDER CONFIRMATION

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE

1. WEB ORDER PAGE

We are now accepting advance orders for both the Deluxe and
    Artist Editions of THE DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH
    THE KEYHOLE at:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-twttk.html

Please read the rest of this Newsletter before placing your order.

2. DEPOSIT/INSTALLMENT OPTION

Because of the state of the economy if your order totals over
    $300 we are willing to accept a 1/3 deposit with your order, 1/3
    a month later the final 1/3 will be charged when the order is
    shipped. If you wish to send checks you may send three post--
    dated checks. For foreign orders we will put the full shipping
    amount in the final charge.

3. ARTIST EDITION

There is a 5,000 copy Artist Edition signed by Jae Lee and issued
    in a stamped slipcase. Retail price is $75.00 plus shipping.
    Unlike the Artist Editions of the DARK TOWER 5, 6 & 7 there is
    no limitation on who may buy this edition.

4. DELUXE EDITION

Stephen King has agreed to sign only 800 copies of a Deluxe
    Edition which is also signed by Jae Lee and issued in a stamped
    clamshell tray case. Retail price is $350.00 plus shipping.

As usual there is a much greater demand for our Deluxe Editions
    than copies available, so in keeping with our policy of supporting
    our long time customers, the S&N Deluxe Edition can be ordered
    only by those who have a S&N THE LITTLE SISTERS OF
    ELURIA below # 801 (you must still own it when we ship THE
    WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE or your order will be can-
    celled and any depost/payment refunded and the Deluxe Edition
    sold to the new owner.).

We will then do a lottery drawing approximately six weeks after
    the Deluxe Editions are shipped for remaining available copies
    but as we expect there to be very few copies available the lottery
    will be restricted to owners of Numbered THE LITTLE SISTERS
    OF ELURIA between 801 and 1,250.

LOTTERY: Send us a POSTCARD (NOT an email or letter)
    which reads:

“Please put me in the lottery to purchase a copy of the signed &
    numbered Deluxe The WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE. I
    have # ____ of THE Little Sisters of Eluria.” Include
    your name, address, phone number, and if you wish, email
    address.

REMEMBER, only send in ONE post card per copy of The
    Little Sisters of Eluria that you have. If we receive
    more than one request from anyone we will throw them ALL
    away. We want everyone to have an equal chance.

5. SCRIBNER TRADE EDITION

Scribner has announced their release of a trade hardcover
    edition of THE DARK TOWER: THE WIND THROUGH THE
    KEYHOLE on April 24, 2012.

6. TRADE EDITION SLIPCASE

We will be producing a slipcase for the Scribner Trade Edition
    which will match the three slipcases we produced for the first
    seven Dark Tower books:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-slipcases.html

This will not be shipped until 6-8 weeks after the Trade Edition
    is released so that we can be sure it will fit properly. Cost is
    $30.00.

7. PRINTED FLYER

We are doing our usual full-color printed flyer but felt it made
    more sense to mail it in January rather than just before
    Christmas.

8. ORDER CONFIRMATION

If you send a check and the check is cashed we have received
    your order. If you sent an order via our website you will receive
    as confirmation an email titled “RE WWW Form Submission”. As
    we expect to receive 1,500 or more email orders within 24 hours
    of sending this Newsletter you may not receive your confirma-
    tion for several weeks. If you call or email us this will only delay
    getting orders ready.

We have a small staff and will be hiring extra help but it will take
    time to process orders, especially for people expecting a specific
    numbered copy. We appreciate your patience.

Please do not call or email us for further details as we will just
    refer you to our web site and suggest you remain subscribed to
    our email newsletter.

We will send out another Newsletter when we know when ship-
    ping will begin.

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President
    Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think the problem with expecting a big gain reselling this one is that it's the middle book of a series. If someone is buying this second hand, then they likely don't have much of the rest of the series already in limited edition, so I would not expect people to pay as much of a premium buying this after the fact since they still would not have a complete set.
    But even if it's the middle of a series, both fanatical King fans and the general King fan, want his limited editions, period. I don't think it matters if they only have the limiteds of Black House or the limiteds of DT 5-7 and Little Sisters (like I do).
    They're valuable on their own. Besides, even if there are guys who insist on having all the limiteds, chances are they'll be missing some and I'll have the ones they want. The only problem is trying to figure out how to let those guys know I have what they want lol.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Yeah, it sure does. It's a big mess and either way, I'm out the watch and all that money I have to refund.

Anyway, I will make sure I send it certified, but the way things are going, I may not be able to afford it.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick
    replied
    Certified mail (or the smallest folded-letter-size priority envelope) costs a couple bucks, but it's worth the peace of mind.

That sucks about the expensive watch. Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    You know, I can't remember ever sending a letter by certified mail. I know I must have, but just can't recall it. But by that email I posted above, it sure doesn't sound like I'd get a second chance. I am defintely sending it certified as I know have a criminal investigation going on for involving some scum at the post office once again swiping one of the watches I sold on ebay. It was my most expensive sell ever too, a $2600 TAG Heuer Swiss watch.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick
    replied
    I think DMG would be reasonable in terms of giving you a chance to send a replacement check, but I think they'd rather address the issue if and when it comes up rather than starting to issue blanket statements in advance. That aside though, I agree with the concept of sending actual checks by certified mail. I always do that on the rare occasion I pay for a book by mailing a check. For my own peace of mind.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    I'm not sure I see sarcasm in that message from her, but I do agree it would have been nice to answer if you'd be able to send another. Also don't see the point in saying they had no control over a check being lost in the mail. I'd be pretty annoyed as well in your position

One way to decrease any chance of it being lost would be to send it Certified Mail at a post office, though I'm sure you already knew. More expensive that way though, little under $3 here for that service.
    Yeah, that's what I'll probably end up doing...sending it certified. But I still might just forget about Grant because of the way they treat people like me who have spent so much on their damn books. If I do get this one, it'll be my last from them. And afterwards, I'll send an email telling why it will be my last; someone else can register the next book they put out by King as I already have more than enough. Funny, I used to be a big fan of theirs but that's defintely over with.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I'm not sure I see sarcasm in that message from her, but I do agree it would have been nice to answer if you'd be able to send another. Also don't see the point in saying they had no control over a check being lost in the mail. I'd be pretty annoyed as well in your position

One way to decrease any chance of it being lost would be to send it Certified Mail at a post office, though I'm sure you already knew. More expensive that way though, little under $3 here for that service.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    Happy to assist. Yes, I'm sure they'll take checks. They take them in general, and they took them for LSOE (I dug up the old DMG emails last night to confirm). This is pretty much a carbon copy of the LSOE process, so there is no reason for them to suddenly change tactics. They really do try to accommodate people's preferred payment methods.
    Yeah, I actually received an email from Karen today, but I said what would happen if the check gets lost in the mail? Would I have the opportunity to send another? She wouldn't even address that, which again, pisses me off. Here's the actual message:

Scott,

We have no information regarding payments that I can provide you at this time.

We do accept checks, but if it gets lost in the mail, we have no control over that.

Sincerely,

Karen
    Acting like I'm a complete moron saying we have no control over checks getting lost in the mail. No shit?? Wow I didn't know that!
    LOL. But it's the sarcasm I don't appreciate either. When I do it on here, I'm just kidding around but she's not. And I don't understand why they act like this book is some type of enormously important national secret. Christ, it's just a signed book. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X