Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Talisman & Black House - Collectors Set with Limited Edition Slipcase and Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you or anyone who ordered one post some photo's and the full details. The page is not up anymore...usually just says told out but its gone altogether. If I recall I may have not ordered it because there was nothing special about them not because of the money but I am not sure, I can even remember who published them and google keeps bringing up the DMG limited.

Comment

I have the set but probably will not be able to get pictures up until this weekend. They are trade editions published by Scribner. Nothing special about the books. They do have a very low print run for trade editions though and the Slipcase CD added is real nice.
      Originally posted by Teriw View Post
      Can you or anyone who ordered one post some photo's and the full details. The page is not up anymore...usually just says told out but its gone altogether. If I recall I may have not ordered it because there was nothing special about them not because of the money but I am not sure, I can even remember who published them and google keeps bringing up the DMG limited.

Comment

After seeing the books in the store today I decided against it because theres nothing special about them they're just like any trade edition. Thought they would be nice books or have art or something but nothing. CD shoulda done them then they might be worth it. I'm just the slipcase and poster are really nice but I have enough art already and no where to hang em. Still debating on the poster tho...depends on the price i guess and if its signed by tomislav

Comment

I can't argue with your decision. They are basic trade editions, reprints at that. I probably would not have gone for them if it wasn't for the CD slipcase and a nice sale. That said I am happy to have them in collection.
          Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          After seeing the books in the store today I decided against it because theres nothing special about them they're just like any trade edition. Thought they would be nice books or have art or something but nothing. CD shoulda done them then they might be worth it. I'm just the slipcase and poster are really nice but I have enough art already and no where to hang em. Still debating on the poster tho...depends on the price i guess and if its signed by tomislav

Comment

They do have very cool artwork for the covers and I got mine because I had given away both of those titles as gifts over the years, not too mention the really cool slipcase and poster AND I had an $80 coupon alongside the renewable gift certificate, I got all that for less than five dollars, not including shipping, pretty sweet deal

Comment

It is a nice set and I am happy that I got it. The poster is still in the tube it came in. I am trying to figure out what to do with it. I need to start framing some stuff.

Comment

I say get the cheap frames from Target, Walmart, etc... and knock some out. I like them and have used a few. Most of my stuff, actually last night, made the transition from tubes/a record store art box to a 70gal flatish under bed rubbermaid. I was able to lay a lot of the stuff out flat. Plus it was cool seeing what all I had and forgot about.

Comment

Can someone post some pictures of this set \. I would like to see the slipcase and print that came with it. Thank you for anyones help.

Comment

Here's the set next to the Grant set, just for comparison purposes. The slipcase is nice, and fits perfectly. I don't know where the poster is at the moment, but if I find it later I'll add a pic of it too.

P1070405.jpgP1070406.jpgP1070408.jpgP1070411.jpgP1070413.jpgP1070414.jpg

Comment

And the poster, which had never been out of its tube until now. It's actually damaged at one corner...looks like it happened while it was being put in the tube. I used a couple of magazines to hold it down while I snapped a pic.

P1070417.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                        And the poster, which had never been out of its tube until now. It's actually damaged at one corner...looks like it happened while it was being put in the tube. I used a couple of magazines to hold it down while I snapped a pic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13654[/ATTACH]
                        If you need a replacement let me know. The posters where shipped poorly to us and some of the lesser quality ones slipped through. If it had been damaged being put into a tube an entire side of the poster would be damaged and not just a corner.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          If you need a replacement let me know. The posters where shipped poorly to us and some of the lesser quality ones slipped through. If it had been damaged being put into a tube an entire side of the poster would be damaged and not just a corner.
                          Hey Dan, a replacement would be great! I thought it would be a bit late to say anything now, considering how long I've had it, but it's definitely one of the damaged ones. It's bent and creased near the bottom left corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            Hey Dan, a replacement would be great! I thought it would be a bit late to say anything now, considering how long I've had it, but it's definitely one of the damaged ones. It's bent and creased near the bottom left corner.
                            Send me an email and I'll get one out to you.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Send me an email and I'll get one out to you.
                              Done, thanks!

Comment

I guess I should check my poster also. I have kept it in the tube as well. It really is quite beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X