Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Talisman & Black House - Collectors Set with Limited Edition Slipcase and Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, I know.....I just have been very busy with school. Marking papers, getting my kids ready for their finals, marking exams, meeting after meeting, etc, etc, etc.
    But, I just passed the 700-page mark and todaybeing Sunday, I'm sure I'll get me some reading done.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
      I wasn't a huge fan of talisman. It started to slow for me...haven't read black house yet because I think it'll start slow too.
      I did not like The Talisman much at all. However, Black House is top-of-the-line King. Great story. So be sure and give it a shot!

Comment

I ordered this set. I've never gotten around to ordering the Grant set and only have The Talisman in paperback, so why not?

Comment

I have first prints of both trades of these books and while I liked the The Talisman, I thought Black House was one of his least successful books. I don't see the need to get these.......Yet.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Of course you do, Squire.
            And deep down, you know this to be true!

sk

Comment

Well Seip does that mean you are jumping on board or just trying to get Squire to spend his money.I am fine with either one.Lord knows he has caused me some debt in the past..Oh wait I was gonna get most of that stuff anyway.

Comment

And I may order it yet, just not now. Too many other things need my attention. And money.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  Seip
                  It's funny (to this Dutchman at least) how the ie/ei combination causes (some) a lot of problems in the English language.
                  It's Siep.
                  To be pronounced as?? Someone once pronounced my name as having two syllables: Si-ep (sy-app).
                  Not.
                  It's Seep, but with a short ee-sound.

(not important at all, guys, just thought I'd mention it..)

sk

Comment

Thank you Professor Kuypers!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Sorry sometimes my one finger typying of death skills get to me and I try to add more fingers and they all twist up and I hit keys I don't want to and so on and so forth.Sorry though.
                      Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      It's funny (to this Dutchman at least) how the ie/ei combination causes (some) a lot of problems in the English language.
                      It's Siep.
                      To be pronounced as?? Someone once pronounced my name as having two syllables: Si-ep (sy-app).
                      Not.
                      It's Seep, but with a short ee-sound.

(not important at all, guys, just thought I'd mention it..)

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        I would say Scribner are re-releasing the hardcovers because there is probably a demand for hardcovers at the lower price point. Plus they'd end up in the book stores where the $150 Grant editions probably aren't.
                        If you buy the artist edition of DT VII along with the T/BH set, it's like getting the T/BH set for only $100.

Still, if DMG hasn't been able to sell 3500 sets in almost 10 years, I'm questioning the demand of a new hardcover edition, even though it will be cheaper. If they want to reach the masses at an inexpensive pricepoint, they should do it in paperback.

Kind of like how they re-released On Writing when the original was actually selling in the dollar store. I don't get it.

But maybe this will somehow increase demand for the Grant set, and it will end up being worth something...

Comment

Originally posted by atariguy View Post
                          If you buy the artist edition of DT VII along with the T/BH set, it's like getting the T/BH set for only $100.

Still, if DMG hasn't been able to sell 3500 sets in almost 10 years, I'm questioning the demand of a new hardcover edition, even though it will be cheaper. If they want to reach the masses at an inexpensive pricepoint, they should do it in paperback.

Kind of like how they re-released On Writing when the original was actually selling in the dollar store. I don't get it.

But maybe this will somehow increase demand for the Grant set, and it will end up being worth something...
                          I think they're doing a paperback as well, or at least you can pre-order a paperback on amazon.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

So...are theses going to be 1st/1sts you're gettting for these sets, or will you be using a later printing? Help me decide, please, I've got a $50 coupon to us before Friday...
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Somewhere else I read these are 1st/1st editions.

sk

Comment

I believe we are getting 1st's, I'm not sure though. Brian will correct me if I'm wrong.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X