No announcement yet.

Goldsboro Books - The Twelve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought so, knew I wasn't crazy (not for thinking that at least, lol). Seems a bit odd that it would change like that.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

It sold out real fast so they probably figure they'll make more money with the 500 printings vs 250. Hopefully it'll stay at 500 and remain an actual limited edition

Comment

Looks like it's back up for sale... the edition is holding at 500 for now. Seems kind of shifty for them to do this.

Comment

Well I ordered one today so I guess the extra 250 are still available. I wished they were slipcased is my only complaint.

Comment

I don't have the money available for this but would probably get it if I did. Wonder what the shipping to the US is though.

If I did buy this I doubt I'd buy any other books from them though (and maybe not even this one) as I wouldn't be able to trust them in their limit counts considering they doubled the print run once so far and now it's suddenly not sold out, which makes me wonder if 500 is really going to be the final count since I'd expect a run that low to be long sold out by now.

I'm glad CD doesn't pull that kind of stunt. They do more than one printing of some titles, but that's for the trade editions, not S/L editions.
            Spoiler!

Comment

I think shipping is around £6 or $10. The recent news letter said that they got a lot of orders so the increased it to 500 and won't go any higher. It said something about there being 500 copies of the passage that they did but mine is limited to 250. They also say they are the only place selling signed copies in the UK but I find that hard to believe. Maybe they mean presigned copies.

But who knows.

Comment

Who knows. I know if I got in on the first 250 I'd be pissed that they doubled the number in the print run. Seems odd they'd even be able to do that since it's a limited edition of a mass market book, but I don't know how it works for the UK books
                Spoiler!

Comment

I'm part of the first 250 but I want the book anyway. I think the exclusivity refers to a limited edition. Waterstones had a limited edition for the Passage untop of Goldsboro books limited.

Comment

Here is a quote from the news letter. Like I said above the Passage I have is limited to 250.

"We previously announced that we would have 250 numbered copies of The Twelve by Justin Cronin. Due to people wishing to collect the same number as the Goldsboro limited edition of The Passage (500 copies) and, because the 250 copies sold out within a day, we have asked Justin to sign 250 more copies and we will now have 500 special editions. This will not increase again. Get a copy of this stunning edition whilst you can. Goldsboro will be the only UK bookshop to have signed copies."

Comment

Well like I said, not sure how it works with UK publishers, but the big US publishers have strict numbers they allow for Limiteds, which is why the CD editions of The Passage and The Twelve are the number that they are because they can only publish a certain number combined between the Limited and Lettered editions. If I had seen that question answered by one of the CD folks (don't remember who at the moment) I never would have known that though. I'm sure those publishers wouldn't agree to doubling those numbers when a title tells out in one day.

That is odd they'd say The Passage was 500 if your edition is 250. I am assuming that yours is Goldsboro (Haven't seen any others that I can think of)
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Yes it is. The only other one I know of aside from CDs is waterstones limited which was 5000. I don't like that they change dthe number either. I have one limited that went from 1500 to 5000 because of demand but they never announced it. It was a us publisher but they also published the trade edition so they must not have had to abide by the restrictions cd does. I was excited that I got one but a little disappointed when I saw the high number that they did.

Comment

Don't blame you for being disappointed. I think if they increase the print run they should do the same as Borderlands has done in the past and make the added copies more of a trade edition with no signature page
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                          X