X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    The link for the wait list is not working. I tried to go there and got page expired message. I will check again tomorrow.
    The Waiting List has been taken down for now, but as soon as the book is ready for the printer, we'll notify those on the list about the copies that are available and I'll also post a note here.

I've been emailing with Doug about a few projects this week and it sounds like he's making excellent progress!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    The link for the wait list is not working. I tried to go there and got page expired message. I will check again tomorrow.

As for Mr. Darkness I am on the wait list for that one. I red that Douglas Clegg was going through a really bad stretch in his personal life and writing was the last thing on his mind. As history shows us with Rich as a prime example eventually things get better and then the work gets caught up.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by billarm1 View Post
    Douglas has another project with CD that is also 3 or 4 years behind "Mr. Darkness"
    As for Mr. Darkness, the moment we have a manuscript, we'll rush it into production. Doug has had a lot of trouble with this project, but I think the final story will be worth the wait!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by billarm1 View Post
    Has there been any update on this project?
    I have had this book on order for 4 years and am getting frustrated.
    I keep getting the same answer when I ask "It's out for author review".
    Douglas has another project with CD that is also 3 or 4 years behind "Mr. Darkness".
    Isn't there contractual deadlines for these things? I know that Douglas has published other books in this time frame, so why the big delay with these two titles?
    It's very frustrating to put your hard earned dollars up front for a book and then have to wait years before you see it.
    Last update was posted about a week ago:

http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/news.html

Brian

Leave a comment:

• billarm1
    replied
    Has there been any update on this project?
    I have had this book on order for 4 years and am getting frustrated.
    I keep getting the same answer when I ask "It's out for author review".
    Douglas has another project with CD that is also 3 or 4 years behind "Mr. Darkness".
    Isn't there contractual deadlines for these things? I know that Douglas has published other books in this time frame, so why the big delay with these two titles?
    It's very frustrating to put your hard earned dollars up front for a book and then have to wait years before you see it.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Considering it is 3 novels I'd say that is about the right amount of space, lol

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Thanks! Not that it is something really important, but curious about the amount of space this will be taking up.
    I estimate it to be "a lot" of space.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Thanks! Not that it is something really important, but curious about the amount of space this will be taking up.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Just curious if there is an estimated page count for this yet? Happy that the sig. sheets have been sent to Clegg and that it's being copyedited.
    No estimate just yet, but I'll post the page count once the designer does the first past!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Just curious if there is an estimated page count for this yet? Happy that the sig. sheets have been sent to Clegg and that it's being copyedited.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Awesome, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Is there any news on this one by any chance?
    I'll be sending out an official update in the next few months. We have a partial manuscript with the rest expected soon. There might be a change of plans for the cover because Doug suggested another idea that could be pretty cool. So it's a project that's still in flux, but I think there's a good chance it'll go to the printer before the end of the year.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Is there any news on this one by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I ordered this one awhile back just guessing it'd be collectible. I think my guess was correct. But I want it in my hands as soon as humanly possible!

Leave a comment:

• Cutter
    replied
    Originally posted by kresby View Post
    Les Edwards has done many great covers and interiors over the years but I haven't seen much recently. Good choice Brian.
    Ditto, I love his work. He does some great artwork!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X