Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding the Bullet: The Deluxe Special Edition Double

by Stephen King and Mick Garris

Featuring the complete original novella and screenplay; great artwork by Bernie Wrightson; a unique design with two color printing throughout; color wrap-around cover artwork and color interiors by Alan M. Clark
    Plus: Exclusive storyboards, photos from the set, production notes, hand-corrected script pages, and more from the Top Secret "Director's Notebook" kept during the production

ISBN-13: 978-0-9840745-0-1
    ISBN-10: 0-9840745-0-3

About the Book:
    Riding the Bullet by Stephen King has been described as a "ghost story in the grand manner" and the story of "a young man who hitches a ride with a driver from the other side," but in this special edition only available from Lonely Road Books, we're going to show you King's classic novella in a way you've never seen it before: alongside the feature film screenplay adaptation by director Mick Garris.

The road from print to the silver screen is often a bumpy one and much has been written about how a story is sometimes transformed to make it work in moving pictures. This is your chance to experience Riding the Bullet in a way only those close to the production of the film ever have. Start with King's original novella, then flip the book over and read the original script by Mick Garris. Compare what he kept, what he had to change, and even the storytelling flourishes he added to round out the tale.

This highly collectible special edition was published in the same manner as our acclaimed edition of The Arthur Darknell Double — in the tradition of the old Ace Doubles. This is the very first Stephen King Limited Edition to be published in this manner, and it was a huge hit with the collectors.

Complete with stunning cover artwork by Alan M. Clark and beautiful interior artwork by Bernie Wrightson, this exclusive Lonely Road Books special edition was one of the most discussed small press books of the year.

About this Special Edition:
    With an oversized trim size, two color printing throughout, and an extremely low print run, Riding the Bullet by Stephen King and Mick Garris was designed with the ultimate collectors in mind. Each edition featured a deluxe binding selected from the finest materials available. Like the previous Lonely Road Books releases, all of the signed copies were reserved within a week of bring announced, so the Collector's Gift Edition is the only remaining edition available!

Limitation Information:
    • Collector's Gift Edition: limited to just 3000 copies bound in a deluxe material and housed in a special slipcase ($75)

• Limited Edition: 500 deluxe copies signed by Mick Garris and Alan M. Clark on a specially illustrated signature page, featuring the complete text of the Collector's Gift Edition but bound in a different deluxe material and housed in a custom-made traycase ($250)

• Lettered Edition: 52 deluxe copies signed by Mick Garris, Stephen King, and Alan M. Clark on a specially illustrated signature page; with all the special features of the Limited Edition, plus a different type of high quality binding and a satin ribbon page marker; all housed in a custom hand-made deluxe traycase ($750)
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

This is my only Lonely Road title so far. I love the concept of the 'double' as well as the extra content included in this book. Combine the great production values and the extra content make this a very nice addition to my collection. Looking forward to adding more Lonely Road titles to my shelves in the future.

Comment

I really like this book and was happy to be able to collect all three states.
      The lettered is a PC copy though....

sk

Comment

I have the limited edition only....not a bad book, but not one of King's best either.
        I have a couple other Lonley Roads books also but the titles escape me at the moment.

Comment

I was pretty happy with the Limited Edition. Great production values, imo.

Comment

Working...
          X