Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    That new cover is much MUCH better!

Finished the story last night, and even if it isn't as good as The Passage i did enjoy the story, so i might just hang on to my order!
    Glad you liked the story.I just got my copy of the trade Friday so I have not read it yet.Maybe by April I will get to it.

Comment

Impressive. Most impressive.

If this were a decision on a 6 -figure print run, I'd say let the cover stand; but for a limited run like this, I like the move. Part of what make a book collectible is the art, so you might as well show it off. Thanks for listening, Brian.
      Last edited by srboone; 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I agree with everyone else, Thanks Brian! Of course I don't really have a say in this as I didn't order a copy however I think it's great how CD responded to the feedback in this thread.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          WTF?!?!? Is this some kind of democracy??? What happened to the good ole days of "Here's the cover, now shut your cake hold and LIKE IT!!!" You're getting soft Brian! LOL!
          I am honestly starting to think we picked the last option before, because we'd seen about 20 different versions of the other design. Then the design a lot of you ended up not like came along, and I think we where so tired of looking at the layouts, we kinda just said "Lets go for this one"....
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

are you saying you got lazy? tsk tsk

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              are you saying you got lazy? tsk tsk
              Not really lazy, more like tunnel vision. When you look at so many variations of what's basically the same thing, they all blurr together and start to look the same. Maybe I'll post some examples of the different versions we looked at to give you an idea.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

maybe you should wait til its too late cuz we might like another one better. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  Not really lazy, more like tunnel vision. When you look at so many variations of what's basically the same thing, they all blurr together and start to look the same. Maybe I'll post some examples of the different versions we looked at to give you an idea.
                  I'd like to see some of them, Dan. That's a pretty good idea!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah me too

Comment

The cover's been replaced on the website, so I guess it's a go!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        The cover's been replaced on the website, so I guess it's a go!
                        Great news!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          We'd probably need to post the whole set, just so you can see how frustrating it gets around image #20. "Well, this one has a little more orange to it, and this one has a slightly larger font, etc." After a while, they all start to look the same. Plus, we need to get 5 people at the office to basically agree, and often we need the approval of the agent and the author (who have only seen and thought about trade hardcovers their whole lives), and sometimes the original publisher... ugh. I'll ask Gail if she's okay with us posting this whole set. As the designer, we'd want her permission first.

By the way, we had the same trouble with Full Dark, No Stars -- only for that one, we had a pretty good idea WHERE we wanted to go after seeing the first round of options, it just took a while to get there:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...ght-have-been/

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

We want to feel your pain, Brian.

Or at least laugh at it.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Such depth of sympathy, such intrinsic feeling of anothers pain, trials and tribulations

Seriously though Brian, after all that has gone on in getting the cover of Pure changed, I, too, would enjoy seeing the cover art variations.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                                By the way, we had the same trouble with Full Dark, No Stars -- only for that one, we had a pretty good idea WHERE we wanted to go after seeing the first round of options, it just took a while to get there:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...ght-have-been/

Brian
                                It's amazing how such small changes alter the entire look. Before you posted these, I used to think that you just got the art and put a good logo on and went, but, wow, what a lot goes into getting just the right look and tone.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X