No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]PURE (DELUXE LIMITED SPECIAL EDITION) by Julianna Baggott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan, you can please everyone, so you should really just worry about what I like.

Comment

Well, this is the only cover from CD I haven't cared for, but I don't buy books based on their cover (I didn't care for the cover of the American release of Ghost Story). If the author and the artist are content with the cover, then that's what counts--it's their work that's out there.

And you could do worse than catering to Brad's likes and dislikes (like catering to mine) so that might be something worth considering.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        Dan, you can please everyone, so you should really just worry about what I like.
        Pshh, I know Brian already messages you all sorts of secrets through Facebook.... lol
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Overall I like the cover for this, though I wish it was a wraparound (Perhaps with the detonation on the front)
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

I honestly am so disapointed with this that i am contemplating cancelling my order. Going to start and read the book tomorrow, it might change my mind ...

Comment

Let me know what you think, Tom. I found it rather superficial and quite lacking in what I like in post-apocalyptic literature; it might be worth the next two trade HCs, but I don't think I'll be getting the next two Deluxe installments (I can't help but think I've been suckered into reading the next Twilight of YA literature--but NOT by CD). I don't know that I'd cancel my order, but then I'm not paying through the nose for overseas shipping.
              Last edited by srboone; 02-16-2012, 11:59 AM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I considered cancelling as well I was that disapointed. I really dislike the font. Its too bold and how do I put this, in your face maybe. it takes away from the beautiful art. Anyway I am going to admit that I only bothered purchasing this to begin with because of the possibility of the movies. I collect SK stuff, I could care less about anything else unless it has a chance of making me some money down the road. So I purchased soley based on the fact that its a signed limited of a possible movie trilogy. I just wanna sell it for more later, if it doesnt get made or sucks ill cut my losses. I'm also willing to bet I am not the only one...maybe the only one on the forum or willing to admit it but they're out there. lol

Comment

Well before 'The Passage came out i flat out refused to buy a limited of a book that i hadn't yet read, i mean what if i didn't like the story and ended up spending a hell of a lot on it. But, i read The Passage, loved it and regretted not jumping on the S/L when i had a chance. I didn't want to make the same mistake twice, but i have just started reading the novel, if i like it or not will depend on me keeping the order...

Comment

We went through 25 options for the cover. Getting more done isn't really an option at this point, not on my budget, but this is my favorite of the others:

Do you like that one more? Less? Let me know and I'll discuss the feedback with the other parties involved (agent, author, etc).

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I like the one on the website better, but this is great too. I'd hate to lose the doll head though!!

Comment

I like the one with the doll head. But, I have no horse in this, I didn't order it.
                        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Like the other one better but would not be disapointed if this was the one.Don't stress yourself out man.it is only a cover and you can not please us all all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                            We went through 25 options for the cover. Getting more done isn't really an option at this point, not on my budget, but this is my favorite of the others:

Do you like that one more? Less? Let me know and I'll discuss the feedback with the other parties involved (agent, author, etc).

Brian
                            The Fond Blends much better with this one. I really like the dollhead though, I'd prefer this one though. ALOT

Comment

If this alternate version features the full artwork wrapping around the spine and the back cover, then I really prefer it over the current choice. The artwork is so well done, I hate seeing it reduced to such a small image just so it will all fit on the front cover. Reminds me of all the great album cover art from my record collection reduced to tiny images with the advent of CDs.

Comment

I agree. I like it better that the chosen one, as long as the dolls head is on back cover. I still think the Font is wrong for the cover, but it's a sight better, in my opinion. I like the idea of the title "PURE" contained within the detonataion and falling like messages on individual pieces of paper.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X