Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[INDEXED]The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two)

Author: Stephen King
    Artist: Glenn Chadbourne
    Page Count: 260
    Pub. Date: October 15, 2010
    ISBN: 978-1-58767-185-2

The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two)
    by Stephen King

Illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne

About the Book:
    World Fantasy Award winner Cemetery Dance Publications, critically acclaimed artist Glenn Chadbourne, and New York Times bestselling author Stephen King are proud to announce The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two). This second venture into the world of Stephen King's stories contains even more artwork and detailed illustrations that could only have come from the inspired hands of artist Glenn Chadbourne!

The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) continues where the first acclaimed volume left off: combining classic tales of terror from the mind of Stephen King with the haunting artwork of Maine artist Glenn Chadbourne. This unique book displays an incredible and original blend of King's words with Chadbourne's one-of-a-kind B&W illustrations: text and artwork brought together to tell these chilling stories in a whole new way.

As you venture into this new volume of The Secretary of Dreams you'll discover "The Monkey," "Strawberry Spring," and "In the Deathroom" presented on beautifully designed oversized pages. These stories are heavily illustrated with spot artwork, full page illustrations, and even multiple-page art spreads. Dozens of painstakingly crafted illustrations bring King's characters to life.

Also within this collection are "Gray Matter," "One for the Road ," and "Nona," which appear for the very first time in full graphic format as imagined by Chadbourne. Not one word from King's original manuscripts has been left out. Instead Chadbourne presents the stories through a variety of techniques: traditional paragraphs of text merged directly into the artwork, handwritten bursts of dialogue to convey emotion, and even multiple fonts to match the mood of each scene.

Like the first volume of The Secretary of Dreams, this is a new collection of Stephen King's greatest short stories presented in a way never before imagined. Glenn Chadbourne has spent over two years creating the artwork within these pages, digging deep inside the text to make each of these classic tales burst off the page.

An original Cemetery Dance Publications publishing event, this deluxe oversized hardcover edition is the World's First Edition and there are no other editions planned of this title at this time.

Published in three states:
    Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 5,000 copies ($75)
    Signed and Traycased Oversized Hardcover Limited Edition of only 750 copies bound in leather ($300)
    Signed Oversized Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 copies, bound in fine materials with gilded page edges and protected in a massive deluxe traycase ($1500)
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

I just received an e-mail re the lettered edition of this book. Some of the material for the traycase will be imported from my country of residence: the Netherlands.
    No earth-shaking announcement - just thought I'd mention it.

sk

Comment

I was lucky enough to buy both volumes...great looking books.

Comment

If anyone is looking to get rid of an ARC for this I can give it a home, I have an ARC for volume one and it looks lonely on my shelf
        Rich DeMars

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I've got an extra copy of SOD Vol. 2 signed and Remarqued by Chadbourne for sale on ebay, but not the ARC Rich. I may know somebody who has one though as he collects a lot of CD ARC's (don't know if he does or if he will even part with it but never hurts to ask).

- James
          http://darkdiscoveries.com

Comment

I have some ARC's but not one for this book.

Comment

I just saw an arc on The Overlook Connection for $150. Dave also has both volumes of these books going for almost $1800!!

Comment

Yeah they rae being sold for a good cause but are way overpriced, there was a SOD 2 ARC sold for £25 is on ebay not long ago

Comment

That's it? I only have a few arcs and they're in a closet with the rest of my limited edition stuff. I have King limiteds all over the house. I need to gather them up and put them in a safe or somethin'. I'm always thinking a tornado is going to hit the house one of these days and all my King stuff will fly to some guy in another state. I don't even have them insured...I was supposed to do that 20 years ago but kept putting it off

Comment

I really liked Volume One, but thought Volume Two was a big step forward. I'm holding out hope for a Volume Three. Would love to see some of the newer stuff adapted, like "1922" from Full Dark, No Stars or "A Very Tight Place" from Just After Sunset. What would everyone else like to see in a third SOC?

Blu
                    Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
                    Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

Once again, just like most of my King limteds, I've never actually looked inside the SOD books (I know that sounds crazy, but that's me). I don't think I even looked at the second volume at all which was dumb because there may be a slight tear or something on the DJ. It's still downstairs with the other one under a chair along with LSOU and From A Buick 8. Nuts! By the way, do you know of a good place to buy DJ protectors for those massive books? I was thinking of Gaylord but I'd have to measure the DJs first...that's another thing I quit doing...just too many things constantly going on in my life.
                      But as for what should be included in Volume 3....it doesn't much matter to me as long as it's a limited edition and collectible. But I'm more than sure other guys here would have some ideas...
                      Another thing, do you know when Volume 3 will be produced? I sure hope it's not soon because I'm virtually bankrupt from buying the limited of IT. I would of really liked to have the gift edition as well, but couldn't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu Gilliand View Post
                        I really liked Volume One, but thought Volume Two was a big step forward. I'm holding out hope for a Volume Three. Would love to see some of the newer stuff adapted, like "1922" from Full Dark, No Stars or "A Very Tight Place" from Just After Sunset. What would everyone else like to see in a third SOC?

Blu

To tell the truth, my favorite part of the book is Chadbournes art, so I wouldn't really care about the stories selected. I just want more Chadbourne art!!!

Comment

Once agian, can someone here tell me when Volume 3 of SOD is coming out? I have the first two, I don't want to miss out on the third. I'll take a loan out if I have too.

Comment

As of this point, CD has announced no plans for a third volume. I don't know if they said "there won't be" one, but they also have said nothing to imply there will be another volume. Of course, we all hope there will be more.

Comment

Of course, we all hope there will be more.
                              Not all of us lol. Of course, I'd like to see another one but they costs so much and even someone like me who has a pretty decent job, can't continue to buy King limiteds along with Swiss watches sometimes. But I'm going to sell some more watches on eBay then hopefully I can hold onto the money instead of buying another watch with it as I've done dozens of times

Comment

Working...
                              X