No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]Vacation by Matthew J. Costello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that Vacation has been released and shipped, received my copy last week, is there any plan to produce the follow-on story "Home"? Would be good to include the prequel "Day One".

Comment

Originally posted by drain74 View Post
      Now that Vacation has been released and shipped, received my copy last week, is there any plan to produce the follow-on story "Home"? Would be good to include the prequel "Day One".
      HOME and more are in the works, but won't be officially announced until closer to publication to shorten the preorder window considerably.

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by drain74 View Post
        I believe that Brian confirmed the publication of the sequel earlier in the thread, but that was five (!) years ago so it's possible things have changed.

On another note, I can't believe that it has been seven years since the book was announced. This isn't a complaint, but rather just being dumbfounded that time has flown by THAT fast!

Comment

...And Brian responded while I was typing mine up! Thanks, Brian!!

Any chance you could give a heads up if CD is planning further editions to various other series (either of the Preston & Child series, The Straw Men, etc)?

Comment

I found a little newspaper about books in the FO lobby this evening which led me to this article. ~Cap

WHAT'S LEFT OF THE WORLD
            Who could have guessed that the author of Vacation is best known as a video-game writer? Well, duh. Once you’re plugged into Matthew Costello’s apocalyptic novel, there’s no friggin’ way to get off this ride. The unrelenting, staccato rhythm of the narrative perfectly matches the enervating effects of video gaming. So, like, survivors of a global agricultural plague in the near future try to avoid being eaten by the zombie “Can Heads” unleashed by the government’s nefarious genetic testing (dude!). Each horrific confrontation works along a jagged crescendo of unpredictability. The hero isn’t only saving his beloved wife and kids, he’s saving civilization (OK, maybe). If this novel doesn’t appear soon in software format, I’ll eat the next NYPD officer whose car breaks down in my neighborhood.
            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Just noticed that the sequel to Matthew Costello's "Vacation" is available for preorder on the CD preorder page. Looks like it is titled as "Home". I really enjoyed "Vacation" back when I first read it and have been wondering in the years since if CD would still be publishing the sequel. Now that it is available, I had to snag myself a copy!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                Just noticed that the sequel to Matthew Costello's "Vacation" is available for preorder on the CD preorder page. Looks like it is titled as "Home". I really enjoyed "Vacation" back when I first read it and have been wondering in the years since if CD would still be publishing the sequel. Now that it is available, I had to snag myself a copy!
                I ordered Home today. Thanks for letting us know about this sequel. ~Cap

Comment

You guys might have wanted to wait on ordering that. I'm sure we'll be sending it out to the CDCC and what not. We're just prepping the page for announcement.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    You guys might have wanted to wait on ordering that. I'm sure we'll be sending it out to the CDCC and what not. We're just prepping the page for announcement.
                    I received the CDCC discount email back on 10/27 and promptly ordered this one.

Comment

Wow, this is finally seeing the light of day. I think Brian mentioned that they were doing HOME years back. The question is will they be doing a final book in the trilogy, FAMILY?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I don't remember receiving that one. I did get a note about it for the book club.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                          Wow, this is finally seeing the light of day. I think Brian mentioned that they were doing HOME years back. The question is will they be doing a final book in the trilogy, FAMILY?
                          I hope so. And for those who received the recent ARC grab bag there was a nice related item. I will post this on my collectors thread this weekend. I may even be done reading it by then.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

I don't remember receiving that one. I did get a note about it for the book club.
                            I do not believe I am in the book club. I received the CDCC email the afternoon of the 27th and this was the title 'CDCC: NEW signed Limited Edition announced!'.

Comment

I do not believe I am in the book club. I received the CDCC email the afternoon of the 27th and this was the title 'CDCC: NEW signed Limited Edition announced!'.
                              Maybe that's why I didn't receive that cdcc email. Because I am already getting a copy through the book club. That or I read it and don't remember. Its been that kind of week around here

Comment

I don't recall seeing this discount. I am probably not opting in for the CDCC again. I only saw a couple of items towards the end of my abbreviated CDCC membership that I actually wanted. ~Cap

Comment

Working...
                                X