Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Cemetery Dance Collectors Club is BACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, you're welcome, BW. And I was bored at work last night, so I called up lists of books by CD authors and checked for 700 page volumes. ANd since we'll get notice of the books when they're offered. it'll be all good.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I have been enjoying the speculation of the grab bag offerings and thought I would throw in my guesses:
      700 Page Anniversary edition - Since CD began publishing books 20 years ago. I will go with 'The Definitive Best of the Horror Show'. The original is a little over 400 pages. With additional information and art it could hit 700
      Trade Hardcover - Since he was around in the beginning and has roared ack onto the scene I will go with Ronald Kelly
      New Novella - I am going to guess Norm Prentiss on this one
      New book about King - I am going to go with 'The Stephen King Illustraded Trivia Book Vol II'

Those are my completely uneducated guesses. All are books I would love to add to my collection.

Comment

At least I'm not the only crazy that populates these shores of cyberspace! Nice guesses there, Martin!
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I think there is plenty of crazy to go around.
          Originally posted by srboone View Post
          At least I'm not the only crazy that populates these shores of cyberspace! Nice guesses there, Martin!

Comment

I grew up with these high-fivin' white guys. I much prefer them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3651[/ATTACH]
            "I'm crushing your head. I'm crushing your head."

"It's a fact! You can get blood from a stone. (rock hits guy in head) You just have to throw it hard enough."
            Last edited by TerryE; 02-14-2012, 04:31 AM.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I have been enjoying the speculation of the grab bag offerings and thought I would throw in my guesses:
              700 Page Anniversary edition - Since CD began publishing books 20 years ago. I will go with 'The Definitive Best of the Horror Show'. The original is a little over 400 pages. With additional information and art it could hit 700.
              Well, the 700-page anniversay edition is by one author, so I don't think it would be "Horror Show" as that would have several authors involved.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That is a valid point. I originally thought was Prisoners and Other Stories as I think it is the first book they published but at only 300 pages I did not feel they could get to 700 even with extras.
                Well, the 700-page anniversay edition is by one author, so I don't think it would be "Horror Show" as that would have several authors involved.

Comment

Captain Kangaroo was great. I wish some oldies station would show those old shows. And of course the early years of Sesame Street and The Electric Company on PBS. Bookworm, The New Zoo Revue was pretty bad, but man I had such a youngling crush on Emmy Jo.

After school it was all about Speed Racer and Ultraman! Saturday's were great with the huge blocks of cartoons on all 3 networks even if most of them were pretty bad. The Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner show was the best, and we can't forget all those awful, trippy Kroft shows. How many remember Electra Woman and Dyna Girl? And without looking it up, how many years was H.R. Puffenstuff making shows?

Oh... and I forgot the wonderful Banana Splits!
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Another possibility for the trade HC by one of the first authors they published in the magazine is Bentley Little, who has a story in the first 2 issues (just like Kelly). He has a new book being published as a mass market paperback in April of this year called The Haunted

Brian Keen's CD books likely won't be in this deal as he wasn't one of the first published in the magazine, doesn't have anything that'd be 700 pages that I can think of, and just recently had a CD Novella series book released. I am looking forward to his next releases though and will definitely be purchasing them if able to
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

The books published are not all from authors who have been there since the beginning.I still go with trade by keene.I think the book about king is the trivia book.I am getting an ARC of that.The anniversary book and novella book.......I do not know but for novella I am still going with Brian James Freeman.We shall find out soon.

Comment

As for the Novella series, both Brian Freeman and Norman Prentiss already have books! My guess for the anniversary book is one of these Simon clark, Brian Hodge or John Farris!
                        " a.k.a brother odd"

Comment

Guys, I am totally loving the speculation in this thread. It's also giving me some ideas for projects... ha!

Looking at the schedule, I believe all four books will announced in the next 2 or 3 months and all should be published by September at the latest if everyone sticks to their schedule. I really think the customers who snagged this Grab Bag are going to be really pleased with the books!

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                            Guys, I am totally loving the speculation in this thread. It's also giving me some ideas for projects... ha!

Brian
                            So that means you're gonna raise the subject of a Gerald's Game/Delores Claiborne omnibus with Uncle Stevie over drinks soon?
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I love that idea but it needs to include the screenplay for Delores Claiborne since it is a nice continuation of the story.
                              So that means you're gonna raise the subject of a Gerald's Game/Delores Claiborne omnibus with Uncle Stevie over drinks soon?

Comment

I was wondering if that 4th book is one we are getting or is it that we get first dibs to order.I went back to read the whole page and realised that I was confused about the trade book.It is actually from an early author.Also everyone keeps saying this author already published a book in this series.I do remember Al Sarrantonio said he was working on another book for one of these series.Just more stuff to help confuse us already impatient and confused book collectors.

Comment

Working...
                                X