No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]In Laymon's Terms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Woods Are Dark which I still have as the first edition, was the very first Laymon title I read. I liked it then later read The Stake, which I didn't care for. Like King and I suppose all authors, he wrote some very good books and some not so good books. But he was the only author I've ever met and it was in the Chicago area in the 90's...super nice guy! I asked him to sign a book of mine and he not only did that, he wrote a personal inscription just on his own and dated it. I already had many of his books with generic inscriptions, but I don't know how many authors would do that (not a lot I'm guessing....personally inscribe a book without me even asking), and that was one of the reasons I was sho shocked that he died so suddenly 10 years ago. And died young, like all the good guys seem to do.

Comment

In Laymon's Terms Trade Hardcover Shipping Now!

This is the discussion thread for the In Laymon's Terms announcement

CLICK HERE to purchase this product

CLICK HERE to view the announcement
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

In Laymon's Terms Trade Hardcover Shipping Now!

Featuring Norman Partridge, Bentley Little, Jack Ketchum, Brian Keene, Gary Brandner, Steve Gerlach, Geoff Cooper, Edward Lee, and dozens and dozens of other great authors!

In Laymon's Terms
        edited by Kelly Laymon, Steve Gerlach, and Richard Chizmar

In Laymon's TermsCover artwork by gak
        Photographs from the Laymon family albums

About the Book:
        This massive, oversized tribute anthology for Richard Laymon features short fiction and personal remembrances from dozens and dozens of the biggest names in horror and Laymon's biggest fans.

In addition, there are more than on hundred pages of "Rarities and Fan Favorites" from Richard Laymon's personal files — stories, interviews, and more, including a 17 page photo album personally selected by Ann Laymon. Several of these rare pieces were scanned directly from Laymon's original manuscripts and contain his handwritten corrections.

Featuring more than 600 pages of fiction and essays written in honor of the man, author, and friend, In Laymon's Terms is personal, moving, and wildly entertaining. This is a unique hardcover that would have made Richard Laymon proud.

"Richard Laymon, who was known for his lean, mean horror fiction, died in 2001 at age 54. This substantial memorial anthology features photos, fiction, and interviews from his archives, as well as scores of essays and stories written in homage to his work... The editors have produced a discerning memorial to a fine and influential writer."
        — Publishers Weekly

CLICK HERE to order this product

CLICK HERE to discuss this announcement

Instagram

Comment

I couldn't resist. I just ordered one even though I'm waiting for the limited...I have to read this asap!

Comment

Looking forward to this arriving
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I'm a little reticent about asking this, but is there any projected street date for the lettered? I secured a lettered copy through an extremely kind third party, hence my interest.
              The angry book collector.
              www.awfulbooks.com

Comment

My copy arrived yesterday. A very nice production job by CD.

Comment

100 pages into In Laymon's Terms and I'm quite impressed. I went out and bought a mess of his paperbacks (I've only read His Beast House Trilogy and The Woods are Dark). This was reallly a labor of love for all involved. Kudos!

Spoiler!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Can't wait to get this one, should be here Friday
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

When I first ordered from CD, I would get emails about an order of mine that had just shipped. A week later, it would be on my doorstep. Lately, I've been getting the e-mails one day and then the next day, they show up. I wasn't expecting ILT until Friday also.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        When I first ordered from CD, I would get emails about an order of mine that had just shipped. A week later, it would be on my doorstep. Lately, I've been getting the e-mails one day and then the next day, they show up. I wasn't expecting ILT until Friday also.
                        I swear that has nothing to do with us being a little slow on getting the shipping confirmations sent out.....

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          I swear that has nothing to do with us being a little slow on getting the shipping confirmations sent out.....
                          Then I'm hoping my order shipped earlier than the confirmation email. that would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            I could be Excite. I've had problems with them before. I wasn't suggesting it was with CD. And it doesn't really bother me. It's not just CD, other specialty press sites shipping notices are the same way. Doesn't happen with Amazon, tho.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Oh no it is diffidently us. We probably only send them 2 times a week at best. With ILT though, most of those where shipped last week, but I don't think any of the shipping confirmations where imported and shipped till I got back from vacation. So probably 95% of those where shipped out the door by last Friday but shipping notices weren't sent till Tuesday.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                Then I'm hoping my order shipped earlier than the confirmation email. that would be nice.
                                Your's may have. It depends how long ago you ordered it and whether or not you had already paid postage.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X