Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Best of Cemetery Dance: Volume 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    And here is my annual inquiry regarding the status. A year ago this month two of three signature sheets were completed. Are we STILL waiting on the third? I see further solicitation of this book this month.

    Comment


      This is the one that's now called The Best of Cemetery Dance 2, right?

      Comment


        Originally posted by elinor-m View Post
        And here is my annual inquiry regarding the status. A year ago this month two of three signature sheets were completed. Are we STILL waiting on the third? I see further solicitation of this book this month.
        If you look at the production update page you will see that the last signature sheet is with the very last author so the finish line is in sight

        Comment


          Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
          This is the one that's now called The Best of Cemetery Dance 2, right?

          Yes that is correct

          Comment


            Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            If you look at the production update page you will see that the last signature sheet is with the very last author so the finish line is in sight
            Yep! Last author before Richard is signing, and then Richard signs at his desk here in the office, and then we're off to the printer!

            As we had posted over the years, we weren't going to "re-announce" the book publicly as The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 until we were reasonably sure it could go to the printer that same year.

            https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

            We're thrilled to report the first two sets of signature sheets are DONE and back home in the CD offices, and the third set of sheets are with the final author and will be headed back here very soon, at which point Richard Chizmar will sign them and the book will be ready for the printer!

            Brian
            Brian James Freeman
            brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

            Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
            Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
            Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

            Comment


              Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
              Yep! Last author before Richard is signing, and then Richard signs at his desk here in the office, and then we're off to the printer!

              As we had posted over the years, we weren't going to "re-announce" the book publicly as The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 until we were reasonably sure it could go to the printer that same year.

              https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

              We're thrilled to report the first two sets of signature sheets are DONE and back home in the CD offices, and the third set of sheets are with the final author and will be headed back here very soon, at which point Richard Chizmar will sign them and the book will be ready for the printer!

              Brian
              I saw a photo on Kealan Patrick Burke's Instagram of him signing a bunch of signiture sheets with a bunch of authors names already on them. Those wouldn't happen to be the final set of sheets for this book would they?

              Comment


                Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                I saw a photo on Kealan Patrick Burke's Instagram of him signing a bunch of signiture sheets with a bunch of authors names already on them. Those wouldn't happen to be the final set of sheets for this book would they?
                I saw Stewart O'nan had signed that page also.

                Comment


                  There's something like 3 pages of signature sheets for this one. I believe we can basically be done anytime after Kealan and Richard. There's some people who didn't have time to fit them into their schedules that we may try and sneak in if there's time before we need to send this off to the printer, as there's some space left on sheets 2 and 3. These sheets have been on a serious journey, I think they've been circulating for maybe 3+ years. I can't remember all of the problems we had as my brain can't keep the sheets for these separate from the sheets for Best of Shivers, which has been circulating for nearly as long, and had all sorts of problems too.
                  CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                  Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

                  Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    There's something like 3 pages of signature sheets for this one. I believe we can basically be done anytime after Kealan and Richard. There's some people who didn't have time to fit them into their schedules that we may try and sneak in if there's time before we need to send this off to the printer, as there's some space left on sheets 2 and 3. These sheets have been on a serious journey, I think they've been circulating for maybe 3+ years. I can't remember all of the problems we had as my brain can't keep the sheets for these separate from the sheets for Best of Shivers, which has been circulating for nearly as long, and had all sorts of problems too.
                    Yeah, my brain has also merged the various problems the sets of sheets for both books have encountered into one massive signature sheet problem folder... but we're almost there! (I mean, which one was lost at that apartment building for six months... and THEN turned up after the replacement sheets had already been signed by six or eight people... And then the other set of sheets that disappeared into that person's house and a friend had to stage a literal intervention to get them back... Ugh... So. Many. Problems.)

                    There are a few more authors we can circle back to who might be able to sign, IF there is a time... I'd like to try, but I also know folks would rather we just cut bait and send to the printer and I do understand that...

                    Brian
                    Brian James Freeman
                    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                    Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                    Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                    Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                      Yeah, my brain has also merged the various problems the sets of sheets for both books have encountered into one massive signature sheet problem folder... but we're almost there! (I mean, which one was lost at that apartment building for six months... and THEN turned up after the replacement sheets had already been signed by six or eight people... And then the other set of sheets that disappeared into that person's house and a friend had to stage a literal intervention to get them back... Ugh... So. Many. Problems.)

                      There are a few more authors we can circle back to who might be able to sign, IF there is a time... I'd like to try, but I also know folks would rather we just cut bait and send to the printer and I do understand that...

                      Brian
                      Well, if one of those authors is King, then maybe we can wait a few more minutes . . .

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Well, if one of those authors is King, then maybe we can wait a few more minutes . . .
                        It was going to be a surprise, but you guessed it! GAYLE KING is going to sign them!

                        Gayle King.jpg

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                          It was going to be a surprise, but you guessed it! GAYLE KING is going to sign them!

                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21507[/ATTACH]
                          I don't know where you call home or what city you may be in while reading this, but if you're anywhere in North America, then I'd bet you just heard me SQUEEE with delight.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            I don't know where you call home or what city you may be in while reading this, but if you're anywhere in North America, then I'd bet you just heard me SQUEEE with delight.
                            Hmm, I guess I don't watch enough TV, 'cause I've never seen or heard of Gayle King

                            Comment


                              Just a quick update, this is headed to the printer real soon. Which means the THC should be out in January or February. The Limited Edition will be a bit longer as we'll have to get a slipcase produced.
                              CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                              Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

                              Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                              Comment


                                I'm not sure if this is the right thread - a mod can move this if it's not. Was this book born out of CEMETERY DANCE: A FIFTEEN YEAR CELEBRATION? That book was announced in early 2003 - here's a link from February 2003. https://web.archive.org/web/20030219..._Code=chizmar8 I was wondering if the table of contents were ever revealed for A FIFTEEN YEAR CELEBRATION? It was supposed to have "brand new, never-before-seen fiction and non-fiction from dozens of the horror/suspense genre's biggest stars! It will also include a scattering of significant reprints".

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X