No announcement yet.

Cardinal Black by Robert McCammon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say, at least to me, McCammon is a living legend. It would be pretty awesome to meet him even if just for a moment. I do not regret for a moment the 3 seconds with SK and this would be right up there for me.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      I keep hoping one day McCammon will do a Chicago event...maybe someday.
      I'd love that. Also if Lansdale could make the trip, it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        I'd love that. Also if Lansdale could make the trip, it would be much appreciated.
        Agreed, Lansdale is in TX, right? He can just pick up Rick on the way here.

Comment

Damn. Even moving further east next week, it would still be a 20 hour drive. That trip won’t be happening.

Comment

LOL. Author road trip/promotional tour would be pretty cool.

Agreed, Lansdale is in TX, right? He can just pick up Rick on the way here.

Comment

From RobertMcCammon.com:

Robert McCammon hopes you’ll enjoy this new story, “The Pale Pipesmoker,” while you wait for the release of Cardinal Black! Set in Matthew Corbett’s World, “The Pale Pipesmoker” features Katherine Herrald and Minx Cutter in a tale that takes place during the timeframe of Freedom of the Mask.

You can read “The Pale Pipesmoker” for free here, or you can download the story in the following formats:

AZW3 (Kindle), MOBI, EPUB (NOOK), PDF

Cardinal Black will be released on April 30, 2019, in trade hardcover, ebook, and audiobook formats! The book launch will take place on April 20, 2019, at Alabama Booksmith in Birmingham, AL.

Hunter

Comment

Downloaded and waiting to be read....thanks for sharing this, Hunter! Cannot wait for the new book.
                http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just finished “The Pale Pipesmoker". I thought it was really good. Has totally whet my appetite for the next Matthew Corbett book, "Cardinal Black". I really hope the signed limited edition will be out sometime this year.

Comment

Thanks, Hunter. Downloaded and hope to read it this evening.

Comment

Found this post from Brian on the Robert McCammon Group FB page.

The trade hardcover of CARDINAL BLACK has arrived in the Cemetery Dance Publications warehouse! We cannot ship customer orders for the book until the last week of the month, but we are starting to pack orders now so they all go out the same day. (There are lots of orders!)
                      If you ordered direct from CD, please know the shipping notice email you might receive in the next few days isn’t “real” although any tracking number will “become active” once the package is scanned later this month.
                      Sorry for any confusion, we just wanted to get ahead on packing so all of these trade hardcovers could ship on the same day!
                      More updates on all editions to come soon via email, I am pecking this out on my phone!

Comment

Found this post from Brian on the Robert McCammon Group FB page.

The trade hardcover of CARDINAL BLACK has arrived in the Cemetery Dance Publications warehouse! We cannot ship customer orders for the book until the last week of the month, but we are starting to pack orders now so they all go out the same day. (There are lots of orders!)
                        If you ordered direct from CD, please know the shipping notice email you might receive in the next few days isn’t “real” although any tracking number will “become active” once the package is scanned later this month.
                        Sorry for any confusion, we just wanted to get ahead on packing so all of these trade hardcovers could ship on the same day!
                        More updates on all editions to come soon via email, I am pecking this out on my phone!

I'm really looking forward to this one. I read the ARC and it was amazing! I will be attending the launch party at The Alabama Booksmith on April 20 and I am hoping that copies of the trade edition will be available there. I wonder what the shipping schedule is for the signed/limited editions?

Cardinal Black Brian James Freeman.jpg

Comment

They definitely will. Their launch party is one of the reasons we are sticking to the "firm" release date. Our hope is to be shipping the limited editions in June, now that we have finished copies the case maker can get started on the slipcases. We don't have an estimate on the lettered edition yet as we are using a different binder for those, because they are going to be fancier than what our normal printer can manage. We'll post an update when we get an estimate from the other binder.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            They definitely will. Their launch party is one of the reasons we are sticking to the "firm" release date. Our hope is to be shipping the limited editions in June, now that we have finished copies the case maker can get started on the slipcases. We don't have an estimate on the lettered edition yet as we are using a different binder for those, because they are going to be fancier than what our normal printer can manage. We'll post an update when we get an estimate from the other binder.
                            Thanks, Dan! That is all great news!

Comment

This is some really nice news.

Comment

I got my trade edition of CARDINAL BLACK at The Alabama Booksmith this past weekend. I must say that I am impressed with the job CD did with this one. I love that it has foil stamping on the spine AND the front cover! It also has textured, colored end papers. These features are not typically found on trade editions. (The Subterranean Press trade editions of the Matthew Corbett series only had foil stamping on the spines, and plain, white end papers.)

And for those who were worried about how the CD edition would look next to the SP editions of the series, I think it looks great and doesn't look out of place at all.

Great job, Cemetery Dance!

CB LAUNCH 4 CB.jpg

CORBETT SERIES.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X