Cardinal Black by Robert McCammon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I grabbed all of mine from Alabama Booksmith - 1st prints and autographed. Yeah they’re trade editions but I was ok with that.
    I have all of the Corbett HCs, but they're all trades. Collected them from the beginning with SINGS THE NIGHTBIRD (though I've only read the first two, as mentioned above), but have never opted for the signed limiteds, even though that's usually my jam when it comes to McCammon. I guess for the same reason that I haven't had the compulsion to read them as soon as they hit my mailbox signed trade editions suit me just fine for this series.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      I grabbed all of mine from Alabama Booksmith - 1st prints and autographed. Yeah they’re trade editions but I was ok with that.
      I have bought a few items from Alabama Booksmith and they are a pleasure to deal with!

Comment

Looking forward to getting this. I just went with the trade edition. I have read the first 2 and really need to start the 3rd soon. My only worry is how the new one will look on the shelf with the rest of the series since its a new publisher. One of my book ocd issues.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
          Looking forward to getting this. I just went with the trade edition. I have read the first 2 and really need to start the 3rd soon. My only worry is how the new one will look on the shelf with the rest of the series since its a new publisher. One of my book ocd issues.
          I was less worried about this since SPEAKS THE NIGHTBIRD was also from a different publisher and it looks way different from the other volumes. I think CARDINAL BLACK from CD will look much more like the Sub Press volumes.

Comment

I'm sure it will look just fine next to the Sub Press ones, but it won't look the same. If you have concerns feel free to PM and I may be able to explain.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              I thought about this as well before jumping in. What stuck out to me--and would not be visible on the shelf--was that Sub Press's were leather-bound, while CD's--in keeping with the majority of their limited editions--is clothbound. Ultimately, I decided that any differences between the two presses would not bother me too much. I would be bother much more by having a lettered edition of the third or fourth book and the rest being limited editions.

As far as Speaks The Nightbird, I'm hoping we'll get a new edition. I have heard some unfortunate things about the current limited edition. From Camelot Book's page:

Now, for those of you that are not aware, the production of this book was not good, the weight of the pages is causing the spine and endpapers to separate from the pages/board corners,

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                As far as Speaks The Nightbird, I'm hoping we'll get a new edition. I have heard some unfortunate things about the current limited edition. From Camelot Book's page:
                Sadly, that's very true. River City Publishing had never done a limited edition before, and they'd also never published a book that large. The printer should have known better, but it is what it is. Almost every copy I've ever seen shows some signs of damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  As far as Speaks The Nightbird, I'm hoping we'll get a new edition. I have heard some unfortunate things about the current limited edition. From Camelot Book's page: Now, for those of you that are not aware, the production of this book was not good, the weight of the pages is causing the spine and endpapers to separate from the pages/board corners,

I had heard that as well about the SPEAKS THE NIGHTBIRD Limited Edition, not from Camelot but from someone else. I ordered one from the publisher last year and it arrived in perfect condition without the splits at the inner spine that others had complained about. Maybe I was just lucky. By the way, the Signed/Limited of SPEAKS THE NIGHTBIRD is still available from the publisher at the original issue price. Rumor has it they produced way too many of them. (It is unknown how many.) Mine is number 438.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
                    Sadly, that's very true. River City Publishing had never done a limited edition before, and they'd also never published a book that large. The printer should have known better, but it is what it is. Almost every copy I've ever seen shows some signs of damage.
                    Ha! I hadn't seen your response yet when I replied, Hunter.

The part that really irked me is that they shipped it in a padded envelope, not in a box. It was a true miracle that it arrived undamaged.

Comment

I am going to cross my fingers that CD does a limited of SPEAKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                        I had heard that as well about the SPEAKS THE NIGHTBIRD Limited Edition, not from Camelot but from someone else. I ordered one from the publisher last year and it arrived in perfect condition without the splits at the inner spine that others had complained about. Maybe I was just lucky. By the way, the Signed/Limited of SPEAKS THE NIGHTBIRD is still available from the publisher at the original issue price. Rumor has it they produced way too many of them. (It is unknown how many.) Mine is number 438.
                        Glad to hear yours has no issues, especially the way it was shipped! Padded envelopes are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          I am going to cross my fingers that CD does a limited of SPEAKS.
                          I'm with you on this one. That would be great!

Comment

Glad to see I wasn't the only one a little worried. I'm sure it will be fine and nothing would have kept me from gothic book. Like I said it's just my book ocd.......

Comment

Anyone know / willing to say what prompted the change of publisher from Subterranean to CD for this series?

Comment

Originally posted by JasonUK View Post
                                Anyone know / willing to say what prompted the change of publisher from Subterranean to CD for this series?
                                Maybe publishing schedules?? I don't suspect anything nefarious. I think both publishers have a good working relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                X