Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardinal Black by Robert McCammon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I got my trade edition of CARDINAL BLACK at The Alabama Booksmith this past weekend. I must say that I am impressed with the job CD did with this one. I love that it has foil stamping on the spine AND the front cover! It also has textured, colored end papers. These features are not typically found on trade editions. (The Subterranean Press trade editions of the Matthew Corbett series only had foil stamping on the spines, and plain, white end papers.)

    And for those who were worried about how the CD edition would look next to the SP editions of the series, I think it looks great and doesn't look out of place at all.

    Great job, Cemetery Dance!

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21465[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21466[/ATTACH]
    Glad you like it. How was the event?
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      Glad you like it. How was the event?
      The event was amazing! I had never met Robert McCammon before, so as a lifelong fan it was a dream come true for me. The staff at The Alabama Booksmith is so friendly and accommodating. I must say that there were several "pinch me" moments for me. When McCammon spoke and read from Cardinal Black it was downright riveting. We also learned the titles of the remaining Matthew Corbett books. It was a thrilling day for me!

      CB LAUNCH 1 MCCAMMON TONY.jpg
      Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 04-26-2019, 12:26 PM.

      Comment


        #78
        I'm glad to hear that. The staff there have been great to work with, though I'm sure they've had a couple of times where they've wanted to pull their hair out working with us.
        CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

        Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

        Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

        Comment


          #79
          That is awesome and I'm glad you made it. I had issues and couldn't make the event. Happy to hear you had a good time.

          Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
          The event was amazing! I had never met Robert McCammon before, so as a lifelong fan it was a dream come true for me. The staff at The Alabama Booksmith is so friendly and accommodating. I must say that there were several "pinch me" moments for myself. When McCammon spoke and read from Cardinal Black it was downright riveting. We also learned the titles of the remaining Matthew Corbett books. It was a thrilling day for me!

          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21467[/ATTACH]
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

          Comment


            #80
            As a side note, it looks like the majority of the Cardinal Black pre-orders should be out the door as of today. So your tracking numbers from (last week I think) should be functioning now.
            CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

            Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

            Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

            Comment


              #81
              If you haven't seen it yet, this is the author photo for Cardinal Black. The makeup and photo are by Amanda Chapman. Video of the makeup session was taken, and McCammon interviewed Chapman about her work. The video is on YouTube:

              Robert McCammon interviews photographer Amanda Chapman



              Also, here are photos from the book launch at Alabama Booksmith on Saturday.

              Hunter

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by goathunter View Post
                If you haven't seen it yet, this is the author photo for Cardinal Black. The makeup and photo are by Amanda Chapman. Video of the makeup session was taken, and McCammon interviewed Chapman about her work. The video is on YouTube:

                Robert McCammon interviews photographer Amanda Chapman



                Also, here are photos from the book launch at Alabama Booksmith on Saturday.

                Hunter
                That's a great picture

                Comment


                  #83
                  Received a shipping notice from the Alabama Booksmith yesterday for my signed copy. :-)
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Got my trade edition in the mail yesterday. This book really came out great. Pictures do not do this book justice.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Dan, do you guys have any spare dust jackets? My copy arrived today, and the dust jacket was in pretty rough shape from being crammed into the bubble wrap.
                      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                        Dan, do you guys have any spare dust jackets? My copy arrived today, and the dust jacket was in pretty rough shape from being crammed into the bubble wrap.
                        Yep. Send me an email so I can look up your account info.
                        CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                        Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

                        Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                        Comment


                          #87
                          This doesn't really have anything to do with Cardinal Black, but this seemed like a good place to post it. Rick teamed up with filmmaker Chuck Hartsell to make this fun music video, "My Creations."

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by goathunter View Post
                            This doesn't really have anything to do with Cardinal Black, but this seemed like a good place to post it. Rick teamed up with filmmaker Chuck Hartsell to make this fun music video, "My Creations."

                            Very cool. Seems like a very down to earth guy. Which seems to be quite typical when it comes to horror writers. Great video.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              The slipcases for the Limited Edition of CARDINAL BLACK are on the way to the warehouse. Here's a quick photo of how things turned out:



                              Brian
                              Brian James Freeman
                              brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                              Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
                              Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
                              LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
                              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                                The slipcases for the Limited Edition of CARDINAL BLACK are on the way to the warehouse. Here's a quick photo of how things turned out:



                                Brian
                                Gorgeous!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X