No announcement yet.

Usher's Passing by Robert McCammon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my copy of Usher's Passing. The book turned out great. Love the cover art work and interior illustrations. If I have one (small) complaint, it would be with the slipcase. I wish the slipcase had the title of the book printed on it rather than just being a plain solid black slipcase. I prefer to display my books that have slipcases with the spine of the slipcase facing out as there is less chance of damage occurring to the book that way. (And when I say damage, I'm thinking of dust or other particulates that may float into the crevices of the slipcase). When the title isn't printed on the slipcase, then I am forced to turn it around on my shelf if I want to know/display what book it is. Overall, am very happy with this book's production and am relieved to finally be able to cross it off of my list of preorders that I am waiting on from CD.

Comment

We know that King of Shadows, the next Matthew Corbett book, is done and may go up for order soon. But which will be the next old McCammon book to get the limited treatment? The titles to choose from are: Mystery Walk, Mine and Gone South - am I missing anything?
      I would go with the oldest of those, my first McCammon book, Mystery Walk.

Comment

And hope for someone someday to publish his trunk novel, The Village. I think I remember Hunter saying he read it and it's good.

Comment

Received my copy yesterday. Do not remember ordering it. After reading the description on the dust jacket I see why I ordered it. The premise sounds very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Received my copy yesterday. Do not remember ordering it. After reading the description on the dust jacket I see why I ordered it. The premise sounds very interesting.
            It's a great read. I typically do not like it when authors carry on another author's work, but this one is an exception. One of my favorite McCammon books. Looking forward to getting my lettered edition!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

It's a great read. I typically do not like it when authors carry on another author's work, but this one is an exception. One of my favorite McCammon books. Looking forward to getting my lettered edition!
              I think it depends on the work for me. Often times I feel the creator should have the last word. The distant between the original work and this novel is great enough for that to not be a consideration for me. I also do not believe I have ever read the original story. If I did it would have been in high school and I do not remember it. I plan to read that before starting this novel.

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                And hope for someone someday to publish his trunk novel, The Village. I think I remember Hunter saying he read it and it's good.
                I thought I read somewhere that ideas/parts of that book were pillaged for the Matthew books or another one.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

I thought I read somewhere that ideas/parts of that book were pillaged for the Matthew books or another one.
                  I believe I've also read that. However, I also think that it would be cool for it to see the light of day. Even if we've read most of the ideas, it'd still be a nice treat for collectors.

Comment

I totally agree.

Comment

Yes, the last time Rick and I talked about The Village, he felt that there were a couple of things in it that he has since used in the Matthew books, and he thought it would look like he's repeating himself.

The Village also dates from a time when Rick was in the midst of his depression, and revisiting it now brings that all back. What he told me when was last talked about it (February 2020, just a week or two before everything shut down) was that The Village is the past, and he wants to focus on what's yet to come.

We'll see. I ping him periodically.

Hunter
                      Last edited by goathunter; 05-09-2021, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Hunter, please tell him I only need one copy.

Comment

Hunter, please tell him I only need one copy.
                          Make it two.

Comment

Holy biscuits! I just received my shipping notice for the lettered edition of Usher's Passing! It's just at the "label created" stage, but I'm pretty happy that this is finally on its way!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              Holy biscuits! I just received my shipping notice for the lettered edition of Usher's Passing! It's just at the "label created" stage, but I'm pretty happy that this is finally on its way!
                              Congrats! Had no idea that it was still pending as I could only swing the LE. Love the LE, except for the generic slipcase. Hope the lettered is everything you are expecting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Congrats! Had no idea that it was still pending as I could only swing the LE. Love the LE, except for the generic slipcase. Hope the lettered is everything you are expecting!!!
                                Thanks! I'm excited to get it in hand. It's my only McCammon lettered that I've been able to swing and, while it doesn't reach the heights of, say, Swan Song, it is one of my favorite classic McCammon titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X