No announcement yet.

NIGHT SHIFT: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, Mike — I get to share in your happiness because I just received my copy today as well!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

If anyone's interested in a few pics of NIGHT SHIFT, I feature it today on my Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...269148672?s=20

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Can someone tell me the difference between the UK version of this Night Shift and the gift edition? I got both and they look exactly the same although I admit I haven't investigated it thoroughly.
        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
          Can someone tell me the difference between the UK version of this Night Shift and the gift edition? I got both and they look exactly the same although I admit I haven't investigated it thoroughly.
          I am not sure I understand the question but I will give you the versions I am aware of.

CD is currently releasing a gift edition of Night Shift that looks like this:
          Night Shift CD Gift.jpg

PS Publishing in the UK did sell copies.

A few Years ago PS also produced a UK version of the book which looked like this:
          King_Nightshift_Deluxe_PS.jpg
          I believe there is another cover also.

Not sure if this information helps or muddy's the water more.

Comment

I'm not sure either Martin, but thank you for the quick reply. And the visuals. Something is amiss. I ordered one gift edition and a UK edition (through Cemetery Dance). The two I have received here recently are gift editions with totally different order numbers than the two I ordered. If that makes sense. The number of the orders I received do NOT correspond with the Night Shift orders sitting in my purchase box. Or anything else like a grab bag or anything along those lines. I have 4 different order numbers when I only purchased two. Am I getting someone else's books? Will I be getting 2 more?

Stay tuned for these and other mysteries on....The Case of the Multiplying Night Shifts.

I've put in an email to Mindy and hopefully she can explain this to me.
            "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Looks like my GE is arriving today! It was scanned in Greensboro NC on Jan 5th, so things are still slow. I have eight other books in the mail right now, having picked up a few signed Harlan Ellison books in recent weeks. I'm going to have to reorganize some shelves, as the Stephen King collection expands to its third bookcase, and over thirty linear feet of shelf space.

January 16, 2021, 8:00 am
              Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 5:00pm

Comment

Just coming in to say my Night Shift issue was completely my misunderstanding.

nothing to see here.

Comment

My copy arrived yesterday. The book is amazing. I finally looked at the tracking and was surprised at the few stops this book made on the way. But those stops were for days at a time. The book was shipped on December 23rd and arrived on January 19th so almost a month. Still not bad considering how backed up the post office is still. Anyway the book is a masterpiece and was worth the wait. Congratulations CD on another outstanding production

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    My copy arrived yesterday. The book is amazing. I finally looked at the tracking and was surprised at the few stops this book made on the way. But those stops were for days at a time. The book was shipped on December 23rd and arrived on January 19th so almost a month. Still not bad considering how backed up the post office is still. Anyway the book is a masterpiece and was worth the wait. Congratulations CD on another outstanding production
                    Hey, the Night Shift is rough. Takes a few days to recoup between stops

I didn't purchase the book initially but did get a pretty good deal on the aftermarket. Plus made a Hill fan very happy.

Comment

I see the Artist Edition is shipping, any pics of what the traycase looks like?

Comment

Originally posted by Vamperotika View Post
                        I see the Artist Edition is shipping, any pics of what the traycase looks like?
                        Mr. Freeman posted these photos elsewhere.

Comment

OOhhh wow... It's gorgeous! Thank you!

Comment

To anyone who has received their copy of the Gift Edition of Night Shift: was your copy shrink wrapped?
                            My copy was not, though it was encased in bubble wrap. I found that odd since the other two Doubleday SK books I own ( ‘Salem’s Lot and The Shining) were shrink wrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by warlock664 View Post
                              To anyone who has received their copy of the Gift Edition of Night Shift: was your copy shrink wrapped?
                              My copy was not, though it was encased in bubble wrap. I found that odd since the other two Doubleday SK books I own ( ‘Salem’s Lot and The Shining) were shrink wrapped.
                              Carrie, Salems' Lot, and The Shining were slipcased by the book manufacturer. Because of COVID the Night Shift books were finished 2 months before the slipcases, so they could not be cased at the manufacturer and were cased by hand in the warehouse. We do not have a shrink wrap machine. Also as a rule of thumb, we highly reccomend removing the shrink wrap anyways. Unless you're in a perfectly humidity controlled environment, shrink wrap can trap moisture and cause mold. We've seen it before.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Dan - Where are you on the remarqued artist editions? Anytime soon? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X