NIGHT SHIFT: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I got a shipping notice today, so I'll be keeping an eye on that tracking number!

I ordered a book on Amazon for a friend that was supposed to be delivered on 12/18, and finally got delivered today. It went from Richmond, VA to the suburbs of Philadelphia, and took that long to get there. The USPS is really overwhelmed right now.
    Yep . I sent a package out on the 18h and the last scan it shows is when it left my local post office that night. I was told yesterday by a postal clerk that things should get a little bit better by the end of January. He also told me that since April and because of COVID it’s been like Christmas month for the last 8 months

Comment

So are there still some Media Mail packages yet to be sent?
      As of today (1-2-21) I still have not received a shipping notification.

Comment

Originally posted by warlock664 View Post
        Yep. Lots to go yet. I don't think we'll be done shipping until next week. With the holidays being right in the middle we've only really had about 8 business days worth of shipping so far, and as I've said elsewhere it's a much slower process this go around.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

Ahh yeah with the USPS who knows right now.
          I suspect my book has been lost; no update since 12/25.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

I suspect my book has been lost; no update since 12/25.
            Don’t give up hope yet. In the last month I have had packages not get updated until they were delivered. The post office is still slammed . Some of those packages were shipped Media Mail and were 4-6 weeks from order to arrival

Comment

Just adding to USPS slowdowns and oddness. I had my Night Shift sent Priority and another book sent later by media mail from California. To michigan, both arrived same day. Night Shift was late by about a week. I don't know what is going on. To make it odder according to tracking they delivered the 2 books at 2 different times on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                Just adding to USPS slowdowns and oddness. I had my Night Shift sent Priority and another book sent later by media mail from California. To michigan, both arrived same day. Night Shift was late by about a week. I don't know what is going on. To make it odder according to tracking they delivered the 2 books at 2 different times on the same day.
                Around here the USPS appears to be running multiple trucks to the same address and trucks on Sundays to catch up. I recently had a package dropped at my door about 7:30 AM and another delivered to the parcel box around 2:00 PM on the same day as well as a package delivered to my doorstep on a Sunday morning. I am now caught up on all but one package I am expecting. The one outstanding is my recent Lividian chapbook. Brian shipped it on December 5th and it remains in a Pre-Shipment status with USPS. Having worked with retail logistics for a long time I am guessing it is in a trailer at a post office and they will eventually open that truck and send it on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by warlock664 View Post
                  Same. I'm sure I also selected Media Mail, so doubtlessly am in that same "lots to go" stack of copies that Dan mentions. Really looking forward to seeing the final product...on-line photos are fine and whatnot, but there's nothing like seeing a book in person, in hand and in vivid color. This book has always been very special to me, and I can't wait to see what CD did with it.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Received mine today, through Media Mail. Was shipped on the 29th, and original ETA was the 7th. Guess I got lucky! The book looks fantastic. Been waiting for this for a while, as it's my favorite of his collections. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Same. I'm sure I also selected Media Mail, so doubtlessly am in that same "lots to go" stack of copies that Dan mentions. Really looking forward to seeing the final product...on-line photos are fine and whatnot, but there's nothing like seeing a book in person, in hand and in vivid color. This book has always been very special to me, and I can't wait to see what CD did with it.
                      ...aaannd just received my shipping notification, so Media Mail orders must now really be on the move. Sure looking forward to this one.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

have media mail....no notification. someday?

Comment

Gasp!

Status

Out for Delivery

January 8, 2021 at 8:34 am

Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 7:30pm

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                            Gasp!

Status

Out for Delivery

January 8, 2021 at 8:34 am

Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 7:30pm
                            Mine is saying Monday...no tracking updates since this, but it says it's in transit.

January 5, 2021, 1:29 pm
                            Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
                            GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Comment

My Night Shift arrived yesterday - considering shipment was marked received on 12/30, that's not too bad. 20th Century Ghosts is the last "I wonder when it will get here" package I have in the system.

Comment

Forgot all about this book. Wish I would have picked this one up.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X