Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    R.I.P Auction (May 2019 - May 2019). We hardly knew you and because you weren't signed, we never really cared.
    **steps up to the podium**
    "SB Auction . . . what can I say that others here haven't already said with better words and deeper emotions? You died so young. Before your potential could be realized. Sure, you were unsigned, but aren't we all unsigned editions at some point? The fact is, no one gave you a chance to be signed! Maybe you were illegal. Maybe you were lost. And maybe you never wanted to be the center of attention. But for a few days in May, you were entertaining as hell. Making me forget that I'm in the middle of two legal battles involving a coven of lawyers and more backstabbing than a Game of Thrones series finale. And for that distraction, I will always be grateful. I hope the end of the auction means the beginning of something wonderful. I'd imagine you will become spectacular reading copies for someone somewhere sometime. But right now, I just want to say goodbye . . . and thanks."

    Comment


      Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
      I'm thinking about placing a mega-high thrill bid on it just so the seller's head will explode when the auction is cancelled by eBay.
      That's villainously hilarious!

      Comment


        I show it sold for $438.43.

        Comment


          You know, no one ever really did tell us when we were actually permitted to discuss the previous time this sort of thing happened -- we couldn't publicly discuss the matter due to the ongoing legal proceedings between the printer, law enforcement, and the employee, which can be a slow process -- so I don't think we'll be able to comment any further on this particular auction for a long time.

          Take that to mean whatever you'd like it to mean.

          Brian
          Brian James Freeman
          brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

          Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
          Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
          LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

          Comment


            Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
            You know, no one ever really did tell us when we were actually permitted to discuss the previous time this sort of thing happened -- we couldn't publicly discuss the matter due to the ongoing legal proceedings between the printer, law enforcement, and the employee, which can be a slow process -- so I don't think we'll be able to comment any further on this particular auction for a long time.

            Take that to mean whatever you'd like it to mean.

            Brian
            Having been involved in a couple of criminal cases in the past where I was told 'do not talk about this while the case is pending' it has been my experience that they never come back and tell you when things are resolved.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
              You know, no one ever really did tell us when we were actually permitted to discuss the previous time this sort of thing happened -- we couldn't publicly discuss the matter due to the ongoing legal proceedings between the printer, law enforcement, and the employee, which can be a slow process -- so I don't think we'll be able to comment any further on this particular auction for a long time.

              Take that to mean whatever you'd like it to mean.

              Brian
              How I take it--it was an unfortunate occurrence capping off a very long and rough journey for a beautiful edition. It's part of the story. It's CD lore. It's none of anyone's business other than the people who took the books, the ones who had the books taken from them, and law enforcement.

              I'm just anxiously awaiting my UPS shipping notice and letting the world spin toward the moment I'll have my book.

              Comment


                Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                How I take it--it was an unfortunate occurrence capping off a very long and rough journey for a beautiful edition. It's part of the story. It's CD lore. It's none of anyone's business other than the people who took the books, the ones who had the books taken from them, and law enforcement.

                I'm just anxiously awaiting my UPS shipping notice and letting the world spin toward the moment I'll have my book.
                We're getting closer to that. I'm thinking we should be done with the Gift Edition orders come Wednesday next week and onto all the orders that have Limited Editions on them next week. The Limiteds will be a bit slower than the Gifts due to numbering and casing the books. But things are moving along more quickly than I expected them to.
                CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

                Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  We're getting closer to that. I'm thinking we should be done with the Gift Edition orders come Wednesday next week and onto all the orders that have Limited Editions on them next week. The Limiteds will be a bit slower than the Gifts due to numbering and casing the books. But things are moving along more quickly than I expected them to.

                  Comment


                    Got a notice from UPS and my gift edition is due tomorrow.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      We're getting closer to that. I'm thinking we should be done with the Gift Edition orders come Wednesday next week and onto all the orders that have Limited Editions on them next week.
                      Dan, will the gift and S/L editions ship in one large box, like the Gwendy's S/L and lettered were? That packing was awesome btw.

                      sk

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                        Dan, will the gift and S/L editions ship in one large box, like the Gwendy's S/L and lettered were? That packing was awesome btw.

                        sk
                        No. Lettereds aren't shipping yet. Gwendy was kind of a special case as we needed to wait to have a final book to start the cases for both the limiteds and the lettereds. With Sleeping Beauties we were able to produce the cases for the gift editions and the limited editions off of the dummy books, but we don't trust doing that with the lettered editions. So the lettereds will ship later this year.
                        CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                        Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

                        Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          No. Lettereds aren't shipping yet. Gwendy was kind of a special case as we needed to wait to have a final book to start the cases for both the limiteds and the lettereds. With Sleeping Beauties we were able to produce the cases for the gift editions and the limited editions off of the dummy books, but we don't trust doing that with the lettered editions. So the lettereds will ship later this year.
                          I realize the lettereds aren't shipping yet, Dan. I was referring to the two editions that are being shipped, the gift and S/L. Because the Gwendy's S/L and lettered were shipped together, I was wondering if the two Sleeping Beauties editions would be shipped the same way or separately.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            I realize the lettereds aren't shipping yet, Dan. I was referring to the two editions that are being shipped, the gift and S/L. Because the Gwendy's S/L and lettered were shipped together, I was wondering if the two Sleeping Beauties editions would be shipped the same way or separately.
                            Ohhh sorry I misread your post. Thought you where asking if the lettered was shipping with the gift edition. Yes if the a Gift Edition was ordered on the same order as a Limited Edition they will ship in the same box. The tentative schedule is something like this.

                            gift editions -> multiple copy gift editions -> gift + limited editions -> limited editions -> anything else that doesn't really fit into any of those
                            CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                            Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

                            Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                            Comment


                              A ? for Dan or Brian - Have you been able to determine if there are/will be any unclaimed Sleeping Beauties gift editions? It never hurts to ask. ~Cap
                              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                Yes if the a Gift Edition was ordered on the same order as a Limited Edition they will ship in the same box. The tentative schedule is something like this.

                                gift editions -> multiple copy gift editions -> gift + limited editions -> limited editions -> anything else that doesn't really fit into any of those
                                Excellent - thanks Dan!

                                sk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X