Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

    I stole this post to name this thread the "Offical thread for all of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Clubs. Sorry for editing the original post, but that's pretty much what this thread has become anyways.

    -Dan


    I need some help here. When I first read about this, I was tempted to join, but I passed.
    This afternoon I received an e-mail again showcasing the pros of joining this Collector's Club.
    Of course, this was all very tempting and join I did.
    Now I actually have no idea what to expect. The CD website explained things in detail and it did sound like a great deal, but how many here actually have joined as well because of previous Collectors Club experience?
    If so, please do tell.
    Thanks,

    sk
    Last edited by Dan Hocker; 09-10-2018, 04:51 PM.

    #2
    I would love to join, but right now, it's not in my budget. I was in CDCC4 and it was fantastic - even just for the exclusive deals alone, never mind the trinkets, and items/books included with it.

    Comment


      #3
      This will be my fifth year in the CDCC and I consider it a "mandatory" purchase. My excitement for the book offered varies from year to year, but that's to be expected. I'm pretty excited about this one though. In my opinion, if a person buys a fair amount of books from CD then it is probably the best deal going with the advance notification, discounts, and 50% Off Gift Certificates that are only offered to the CDCC. I buy a whole lot of what CD publishes and also take advantage of some of the discounts offered on Sub Press books as well, so I always find the club worth it and have never been disappointed.

      Comment


        #4
        I have been in every one. I agree that this is mandatory. Without the cdcc and the discounts I would not have gotten a signed numbered copy of Blue World from Subterranean Press. Also would have missed out on the latest Joe R. Lansdale book. I don't use every coupon but with all the perks and the exclusive book or books it is well worth it.

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like I made the right choice to join.
          I do have one question: these 50% Off Gift Certificates, how exactly does this work? You buy the certificates and then get 50% off whatever purchases you make?
          How much should I expect to pay for these certificates?

          sk

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like I made the right choice to join.
            I do have one question: these 50% Off Gift Certificates, how exactly does this work? You buy the certificates and then get 50% off whatever purchases you make?
            How much should I expect to pay for these certificates?

            sk
            The certificates themselves are 50% off. So a $500 certificate only costs $250.

            Comment


              #7
              Still not sure if I get this.
              Say, I buy a $500.00 gift certificate. I pay $250.00. That part I get.
              Then CD is selling a great upcoming King limited edition for $500.00. I want one (of course) and order it with the certificate.
              By George, I think I got it.

              Thank you for your input!!

              Now I do have one more question: for how long are these certificates valid?

              sk

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                Still not sure if I get this.
                Say, I buy a $500.00 gift certificate. I pay $250.00. That part I get.
                Then CD is selling a great upcoming King limited edition for $500.00. I want one (of course) and order it with the certificate.
                By George, I think I got it.

                Thank you for your input!!

                Now I do have one more question: for how long are these certificates valid?

                sk
                You would also get the discount offered to the members of the CDCC, yes they have offered CDCC discounts on King titles. The Gift Certificates have no expiration but are typically offered only once a year at the 50% off price.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  Still not sure if I get this.
                  Say, I buy a $500.00 gift certificate. I pay $250.00. That part I get.
                  Then CD is selling a great upcoming King limited edition for $500.00. I want one (of course) and order it with the certificate.
                  By George, I think I got it.

                  Thank you for your input!!

                  Now I do have one more question: for how long are these certificates valid?

                  sk
                  I think the wording here is what's confusing you. It's not a 50% off $500 certificicate. What you would be purchasing is a $500 gift certificate for %50 percent off. So basically you are buying store credit for half off, when we offer that particular deal to the CDCC.
                  CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                  Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

                  Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thank you, Dan, for making this even more confusing..
                    I thought I had it...

                    Back to the $500.00 gift certificate.
                    I buy this and pay $500.00. I think.
                    Then there's the next King limited, for sale for $500.00.
                    I use my gift certificate and pay (another) $250.00.
                    So now I paid $750.00 for a $500.00 book.
                    Great deal guys.....

                    Now I understand how my students feel when I explain something over and over again and they still don't get it.....

                    sk

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      Thank you, Dan, for making this even more confusing..
                      HA!

                      So once a year, we email the CDCC a 50% off coupon code that can be used to purchase Gift Certificates. For example, you could buy a $500 Gift Certificate for $250. Then you'll have $500 in credit with us, essentially. So if a $500 book comes along that you want, you use your certificate and it's like you only paid $250 for the book since you only paid $250 for the certificate. (Or, of course, you could buy lots of $40 and $50 books until you use up all $500 on the Gift Certificate, but the end result is the same...!)

                      Brian
                      Brian James Freeman
                      brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                      Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
                      Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
                      LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                      Comment


                        #12
                        HA! I swear it's simple.

                        You are buying "Store Credit" or "Gift Certificates" for 50% off. So you want a $500 gift certificate, that'll cost you $250.
                        CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                        Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

                        Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                        Comment


                          #13
                          My head hurts . May I be excused now?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                            So once a year, we email the CDCC a 50% off coupon code that can be used to purchase Gift Certificates. For example, you could buy a $500 Gift Certificate for $250.
                            Yes!! That's what I originally thought.
                            Got it now, again.

                            Thanks, Brian.

                            sk

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I didn't know that they taught common core math in your country. .....seriously this discussion was like trying to help my kids with the " new math" when they were younger. Glad this was finally cleared up.......I hope.
                              Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              Thank you, Dan, for making this even more confusing..
                              I thought I had it...

                              Back to the $500.00 gift certificate.
                              I buy this and pay $500.00. I think.
                              Then there's the next King limited, for sale for $500.00.
                              I use my gift certificate and pay (another) $250.00.
                              So now I paid $750.00 for a $500.00 book.
                              Great deal guys.....

                              Now I understand how my students feel when I explain something over and over again and they still don't get it.....

                              sk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X