X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Is anyone doing the latest CDCC announcement?
    I think it's a really cool offer for a really great cause. But alas, I am poor...

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by mulleins View Post
    I can vouch for Jeff also. I really like his cases and own a few myself.

Mulleins
    I believe there is a guy that does them stateside that I read about over on TDT. Heard he can be quite the ass though. My loyalties are with Jeff.

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    This dude that goes by BJF is doing some Hill books I hear with slipcases

Jeff Whiley over in England makes some pretty nice custom cases but probably more on the generic side. Plus you'd need to order several to make the shipping worthwhile. Great guy though, he's made quite a few for me.
    I can vouch for Jeff also. I really like his cases and own a few myself.

Mulleins

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Is anyone doing the latest CDCC announcement?

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Unfortunately, we did some experiments with this with a few older books by another author (nice fellow from Maine named Stephen King!), and we just *barely* reached the minimum run needed for it to make sense to produce the cases.

So, looking at the numbers, we realized we'd have to charge significantly more for these "late to the market aftermarket" cases, and as the price goes up, sales probably go down... which creates a bad cycle.

I wish we could do a little better with these slipcases for earlier books because I'd love to have a nice, full set of Joe's work like that!

Brian
    This dude that goes by BJF is doing some Hill books I hear with slipcases

There are some folks out there who only make cases on an individual basis, no bulk orders... I've thought about contacting one of them to finish my Joe Hill books. It always slips my mind and then I forget who they are, though! I want to make a list at some point since readers do ask about getting custom cases made for their collection!
    Jeff Whiley over in England makes some pretty nice custom cases but probably more on the generic side. Plus you'd need to order several to make the shipping worthwhile. Great guy though, he's made quite a few for me.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Honestly I'm surprised we even did one for Full Throttle.
    Please keep doing them going forward!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    There are some folks out there who only make cases on an individual basis, no bulk orders... I've thought about contacting one of them to finish my Joe Hill books. It always slips my mind and then I forget who they are, though! I want to make a list at some point since readers do ask about getting custom cases made for their collection!
    I have seen those and have considered them, may someday order them, but I like the way Cemetery Dance makes the case look like it was designed for the trade edition rather than a generic case.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Honestly I'm surprised we even did one for Full Throttle.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that is what I expected.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Unfortunately, we did some experiments with this with a few older books by another author (nice fellow from Maine named Stephen King!), and we just *barely* reached the minimum run needed for it to make sense to produce the cases.

So, looking at the numbers, we realized we'd have to charge significantly more for these "late to the market aftermarket" cases, and as the price goes up, sales probably go down... which creates a bad cycle.

I wish we could do a little better with these slipcases for earlier books because I'd love to have a nice, full set of Joe's work like that!

Brian
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that is what I expected.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Not sure the proper place to ask this question so I will ask it here:

Any chance Cemetery Dance will go back and produce slipcases for earlier trade releases from Joe Hill? Just received the Full Throttle slipcase and it is perfect for the trade edition as was the case for The Fireman. I would love to have the entire Joe Hill collection in these cases.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Not sure the proper place to ask this question so I will ask it here:

Any chance Cemetery Dance will go back and produce slipcases for earlier trade releases from Joe Hill? Just received the Full Throttle slipcase and it is perfect for the trade edition as was the case for The Fireman. I would love to have the entire Joe Hill collection in these cases.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    $8.03 I'd guess, which is technically less than $100. ;-)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Nostalg...p2047675.l2557
    That's what I said....LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I finished Nostalgia Society last night. I really liked it but did not love it. Started great and in the end left me wanting more out of it. Good, not great would be my view.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Br!an View Post
    $10?
    $8.03 I'd guess, which is technically less than $100. ;-)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Nostalg...p2047675.l2557
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 04-22-2020, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X