Salem’s Lot: The Deluxe Special Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    The Salem's Lot GE is showing as available for sale through Amazon, despite it being sold out at CD - any chance that is legit? I would think not as I think I read on a thread on this forum (I can't find it; I've read a lot of threads since finding this forum a few weeks ago) that Amazon does this even when CD has no copies for them, then just cancels the orders they can't fill (which will be all of them). Nevertheless, no harm in asking.
    We confirmed a very small order for Amazon back in the spring, like we did for CARRIE, as a courtesy so they wouldn't get too mad at us and cut off sales for the rest of our titles (something they've done in the past), so there will be some copies headed their way. That said, they DO have a bad habit of taking a lot more orders than they have copies for. They assume we can produce more copies for them like a traditional press.

I would say, it's worth placing the order. They won't charge you if they can't get you a copy, and if the copy arrives in less than perfect condition (their warehouses can be rough on special editions sometimes), it's obviously super easy to return something to them. It's a no lose proposition for you, I think?

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Thanks
      Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Received a shipping notice for this. Super excited! This is my favorite King, so the wait has been a killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
          Received a shipping notice for this. Super excited! This is my favorite King, so the wait has been a killer.
          Sweet! Can't wait for you to post pics. You always do such an outstanding job of that . From a recent email; hopefully in about a month's time, the AEs will start rolling out.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
            Mine arrived this morning! It's so nice that I thought it was the AE copy for a minute

Comment

Got my gift edition the other day but didn't get to open it till today. Work has been nuts. Anyway this is a killer of a book. It was definitely worth the wait. I am so happy with how it turned out. Great job as usual Cemetery Dance.

Comment

Quick question - my copy arrived this morning - IT'S GORGEOUS - but I noticed that my Jerusalem's Lot map was inserted upside down. Are the others like this or do I have a rare misprint that is worth millions of dollars? Worst the hassle in returning? (This book is huge!)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Quick question - my copy arrived this morning - IT'S GORGEOUS - but I noticed that my Jerusalem's Lot map was inserted upside down. Are the others like this or do I have a rare misprint that is worth millions of dollars? Worst the hassle in returning? (This book is huge!)
                  Ha, that's the first I've heard of one with that problem! Email Mindy and she can get a replacement copy sent your way with a return label for returning the first copy. Thanks, and sorry for the hassle!

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Thanks Brian! And I was being snarky about the hassle part.

Oh and don't think that I noticed you slyly didn't answer the misprint being worth millions of dollars. Sneaky sneaky n

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                    Ha, that's the first I've heard of one with that problem! Email Mindy and she can get a replacement copy sent your way with a return label for returning the first copy. Thanks, and sorry for the hassle!

Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian! And I was being snarky about the hassle part.

Oh and don't think that I noticed you slyly didn't answer the misprint being worth millions of dollars. Sneaky sneaky n
                      Very well could be a one off, Jason. Think I'd be hanging on to that bad boy . Even if you just didn't hit the Powerball; still a pretty cool misprint to own in such a spectacular book IMO.

Comment

I see so many people posting photos of their copies and I'm over here still waiting for a shipping notice :'(.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          I see so many people posting photos of their copies and I'm over here still waiting for a shipping notice :'(.
                          Same here.
                          I ordered the gift through PS Publishing, so that edition will take at least another month (or two) to arrive.
                          The Artist Edition will arrive via CD - hopefully by next month.
                          (I'm from Europe)

sk

Comment

I'm still trying to decide if I want/need to send it back. Other than the map everything else is perfect.

But if I can get my home brewery more professional then I'm game ...

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Very well could be a one off, Jason. Think I'd be hanging on to that bad boy . Even if you just didn't hit the Powerball; still a pretty cool misprint to own in such a spectacular book IMO.

Comment

I'm still trying to decide if I want/need to send it back. Other than the map everything else is perfect.

But if I can get my home brewery more professional then I'm game ...
                              Offer it on eBay for "one, million, dollars!!!" with a best offer option of course . Too bad I didn't order the GE. I would have traded ya straight across for it.

Comment

Yesssss a shipping notification!

Comment

Working...
                                X