Salem’s Lot: The Deluxe Special Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    I was determined not to buy any of the lettered editions. The gift plus AE would have to do.
    Then, there were the remarques - have both my Carrie & 'Salem's Lot done.
    Next, the art portfolios. No remarques this time, but the portfolios are awesome (Going by the Carrie edition.)

So, what's next?
    Oh, I know: the The Shining lettered! (If I can manage to get a copy...)

sk
    Fortunately The remarques and lettered editions are easy passes for me as I do not find them worth the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Fortunately The remarques and lettered editions are easy passes for me as I do not find them worth the price.
      Same here...too many other things demanding cash. My wife just came home from getting an oil change and of course the dealership listed another $1,000 worth of work to be done. I'll take it to my mechanic...it'll be half the price at most.

I admit I would go for Lettered Editions if I had money to burn. Some day!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
        Same here...too many other things demanding cash. My wife just came home from getting an oil change and of course the dealership listed another $1,000 worth of work to be done. I'll take it to my mechanic...it'll be half the price at most.

I admit I would go for Lettered Editions if I had money to burn. Some day!
        If I had money to burn I wold probably put it into finding top condition 1st/1st of some of my more cherished books rather than current Lettered's. Don't get me wrong I love them but I just find them overpriced.

Comment

If I had money to burn I wold probably put it into finding top condition 1st/1st of some of my more cherished books rather than current Lettered's. Don't get me wrong I love them but I just find them overpriced.
          I know, the lottery wish list. Starship Troopers, Heinlein, would be right up there. I enjoy the collectible printings as well, but a true fine 1st/1st is hard to beat.

Comment

The voice of reason! Wish it would be mine....

sk

Comment

I agree that the pictures shown of these editions are beautiful. I won't be joining in on the Gift Edition, the AE with Remarque was plenty expensive enough. I'm glad to hear that the gift edition is close to selling out. I'm kind of surprised that Carrie hasn't yet. I will say that if I had an unlimited budget, I would be all over those lettered editions, they are flat out gorgeous!

Comment

I bought the cheap one and I'm pretty satisfied lol!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  I bought the cheap one and I'm pretty satisfied lol!
                  Hey, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    I agree that the pictures shown of these editions are beautiful. I won't be joining in on the Gift Edition, the AE with Remarque was plenty expensive enough. I'm glad to hear that the gift edition is close to selling out. I'm kind of surprised that Carrie hasn't yet. I will say that if I had an unlimited budget, I would be all over those lettered editions, they are flat out gorgeous!
                    You and me both, Keith of the lettereds.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                      Hey, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!!
                      Or in the Forum LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Or in the Forum LOL!!
                        Exactly!!! LOL!!

Comment

I getting excited about this one. Next month!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                            I also ended up with two copies of the Illustrated edition in hardcover, thanks to the USPS losing the first copy for a couple of weeks.
                            And then there's the Centipede Press edition, which I love.
                            Is there a connection or relationship between the Centipede Press edition of Salem's Lot and the illustrated edition (which is by Knopf, I believe)? The cover shot seems to be the same, which I found surprising given the descriptions I tend to read about the CP edition (generally, that it is a pretty singular creation).

Do these two editions have anything more in common (other interior art/pictures etc.)?
                            Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                              Is there a connection or relationship between the Centipede Press edition of Salem's Lot and the illustrated edition (which is by Knopf, I believe)? The cover shot seems to be the same, which I found surprising given the descriptions I tend to read about the CP edition (generally, that it is a pretty singular creation).

Do these two editions have anything more in common (other interior art/pictures etc.)?
                              The CP edition came out before the illustrated edition, so I guess Jerad at CP had an agreement with Doubleday to print his limited edition with the bonus material, and I would assume Doubleday actually owned the extra goodies. I believe the only difference in content is that the illustrated edition has a new intro by King that is not in the CP edition.

Comment

The Salem's Lot GE is showing as available for sale through Amazon, despite it being sold out at CD - any chance that is legit? I would think not as I think I read on a thread on this forum (I can't find it; I've read a lot of threads since finding this forum a few weeks ago) that Amazon does this even when CD has no copies for them, then just cancels the orders they can't fill (which will be all of them). Nevertheless, no harm in asking.
                                Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Working...
                                X