Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters by Douglas Clegg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I was kinda bummed about not being able use the discount on gift certificates as well, but I figured it had more to do with the new King books. Everybody would load up on discounted gift certificates knowing the next book will be announced in six months and essentially everyone would get the book for half off. Can't blame CD for making sure they make their profit; they are running a business after all. I think it's been very generous of them to sell gift certificates for half off in the past. I can't think of many other companies that allow that.
    Unfortunately, the forthcoming Doubleday Years books are not the reason why we are no longer able to purchase gift certificates during sales, as CD have always been announcing major releases without any issue. Brian confirmed that it's because people were loading up on discounted gift certificates and then using them in conjunction with 50% off coupons, which resulted in CD taking huge losses. A remedy to this needs to be found urgently, if we are ever going to be able to purchase discounted gift certificates ever again.

For me this is an absolute disaster, because purchasing discounted gift certificates is practically the only way I can afford to budget for CD announcements.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, T-Dogz.

I can see where discounted gift certificates used during 50% off sales could be really bad for CD. I don't know what the solution could be. Maybe not allow gift certificates as payment during percentage off sales? That wouldn't necessarily be fair to those that hold non-discounted gift certificates, though. Maybe a different code generated for discounted gift certificates that couldn't be used for percentage off sales?

Don't know if any of those ideas would be feasible. Seems like the days of discounted gift certificates might be behind us...

Comment

Tough predicament. Need a system that allows gift certs purchased on sale to only apply on regular priced books.

Comment

Shipping notice received. New Clegg book is on the way.

Comment

Received my shipping notice as well. The artwork on this one looks incredibly creepy! Can't wait to see it in person!

Comment

Yes. The art work in the book is very creepy. Love it.

Comment

This is one of my favorite books we've published so far this year in terms of the story AND the production values. I think it's a really great looking book. I hope everyone else likes it, too!

Brian
                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Haven't gotten my shipping notice yet. Hoping I get it tomorrow
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Got shipping notice, will probably arrive tuesday.

Comment

No shipping notice for me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        No shipping notice for me yet.
                        Same here. I'm hoping it just didn't get sent
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

For what it's worth, I got my shipping notification email the same day the book arrived (though the email did show the actual shipping date as a few days earlier).

Comment

Got mine today. It's a pretty cool looking book!

Comment

Got my copy on tuesday. Looks quite cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X