Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I didn't receive the email but it sounds like there was an update to this yesterday.

My understanding is the limitation was increased. Did they provide an anticipated release date?
    The limitations were increased from previous titles (The Stand AE is now 1250 copies and Pet Sematary is 1000, both up from the previous 750; no changes to Gift Edition or Lettered runs). I'm not sure when this print run increase was put into place.

There was no anticipated release date provided. Only the broad statement that "With the remainder of our 2024 and early 2025 release schedule coming into focus--more details on that soon--we've decided to make available our final public offering of" the two remaining Doubleday titles. So...maybe more information coming soon?

Comment

I didn't receive the email but it sounds like there was an update to this yesterday.

My understanding is the limitation was increased. Did they provide an anticipated release date?
      Not sure of the prior limitation; so, I can't speak to that; however, no release date info was given, just the chance to order the books.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Not sure of the prior limitation; so, I can't speak to that; however, no release date info was given, just the chance to order the books.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

FYI. I received and email today regarding this information. Both items look great but I can't justify purchasing at those price points. CD books are solid but they have never blown my socks off. I may have been a player at the $100-$110 point.

Comment

FYI. I received and email today regarding this information. Both items look great but I can't justify purchasing at those price points. CD books are solid but they have never blown my socks off. I may have been a player at the $100-$110 point.
            I wonder how much of the increase is due to the prices of the slipcases/traycases. I know from a recent email from Centipede that the prices for their second slipcase for the Grey Mouser series is quite a bit higher than the first one. Thunderstorm has also mentioned that prices for slipcases and traycases are pretty darn expensive.

Comment

You are probably right and I hadn't considered that. Book and a slipcase the $150 mark isn't bad these days. It's just a bit more than I want to spend on fancier editions of books I already own.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I wonder how much of the increase is due to the prices of the slipcases/traycases. I know from a recent email from Centipede that the prices for their second slipcase for the Grey Mouser series is quite a bit higher than the first one. Thunderstorm has also mentioned that prices for slipcases and traycases are pretty darn expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Wouldn't surprise me at all. SST has recently been offering optional slipcases for some of their newer books, and they cost practically as much as the book itself. For example, their most recent title is 49.95 and the optional slipcase is an additional 39.95. I'm guessing if that's the case with SST, then it's probably the same for others unless they can find a way to mass produce the cases. 

Comment

I snagged a copy of CD's The Stand. I couldn't believe the page count -- 1300 pages! I wonder if that's accurate.  ~Cap

Last edited by c marvel; 06-04-2024, 03:17 PM.
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

So, after many years I’ve made a new CD purchase and it is the GEs of The Stand and Pet Sematary.

What’s the estimated number of years I’ll have to wait before receiving them?

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise View Post
                      So, after many years I’ve made a new CD purchase and it is the GEs of The Stand and Pet Sematary.

What’s the estimated number of years I’ll have to wait before receiving them?
                      Maybe next year for The Stand. 

Probably several more years for Pet Sematary.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Maybe next year for The Stand.Â

Probably several more years for Pet Sematary.
                        Which is why I skipped PET SEMATARY...just can't do those long pre-orders anymore, and THE STAND has tested my patience enough for both books. My pre-order list is now two -- THE STAND and a Suntup title -- and that feels pretty good. Now that PET SEMATARY is apparently sold out, I'l have to pay add'l on the aftermarket, but it's a choice I'm very comfortable with.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I've always wondered...what is the reason for the long amount of time it takes to publish some of these CD titles? Does someone like King get his money upfront before the process begins, or does he wait until the orders are filled? I would think the authors would want a faster process. (I'm not complaining mind you, just curious.)

Comment

Working...
                          X