No announcement yet.

2014 Cemetery Dance Book Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can confirm that we have multiple books from that list under contract, but I cannot say which ones or whether one of them could be announced tomorrow.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

A LE of LTROI would be my dream book.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
        Due to a shocking turn of events, the official CD 'Tipster' reports a massive shift in the odds for tomorrow's big announcement...

The odds are now as follows:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14517[/ATTACH]

6/4: The Ruins - Scott Smith

2/1: Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

7/1: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-Smith

10/1: House Of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski

14/1: Haunted - Chuck Palahniuk

20/1: The Missing - Sarah Langan

24/1: Nocturnal - Scott Sigler

28/1: Under Cover of Night - Mary SanGiovanni

30/1: Divergent - Veronica Roth

35/1: Waiting Out Winter - Kelli Owen

40/1: The Vampire Chronicles - Anne Rice

66/1: Lunar Park - Bret Easton Ellis

100/1: American Gods - Neil Gaiman

250/1: Fly Fishing - J. R. Hartley

500/1: Drood - Dan Simmons

1,000/1: Let The Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist

1,000/1: Silk - Caitlín R. Kiernan

1,000/1: Dystopia - Richard Christian Matheson

1,000/1: Dark Harvest - Norman Partridge
        What brought Let the Right One In down so much? Someone else releasing it? These odds have shifted out of my favour. Good thing I'm not a betting man!

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
        I can confirm that we have multiple books from that list under contract, but I cannot say which ones or whether one of them could be announced tomorrow.

Brian
        I love your posts. So tantalizingly evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
          What brought Let the Right One In down so much? Someone else releasing it? These odds have shifted out of my favour. Good thing I'm not a betting man!
          Okay, I will explain the sudden shift in odds.

There were two hints initially given on 21st January via email, that allowed people to speculate as to who the author would be for today's big announcement:

1. That it was one of the bestselling books of the last few years.

2. It was a newer author, whose books had never previously been published by CD.

However over the weekend, Brian gave two more hints on the Dark Tower Forum:

1. "Stephen King likes this author."

2. "we've never published this author before in any form."

This has effectively ruled out John Ajvide Lindqvist, Caitlín R. Kiernan and Richard Christian Matheson, as they had all previously featured together in the CD published short story anthology, A Book of Horrors.

Although I am certain that CD will announce the publication of Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, it will not be today.

Whilst studying the confirmed list of authors on the Goodreads website that are known to be liked by Stephen King, most were ruled out because:

1. Their material was too old to be considered as having released one of the bestselling books of the last few years.

2. They were not writers of the Horror genre.

3. They had material already previously published by CD.

So after eliminating most of the authors that are publically acknowledged as being favoured by Stephen King, only two names remained together with their respective books:

The Ruins, by Scott Smith

Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
          Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 02-03-2014, 07:02 AM.
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

Wow, cool! Thanks for the run down. Not familiar with either tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              If it's Abraham Lincoln I will never get excited about another upcoming announcement.
              Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
              lol
              Don't worry Tom, the chances of that book being announced as the winner just fell dramatically. I am sure Brian would not have thought your comment funny, if he was about to announce the publication of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

It's basically a two horse race, but between the two, I personally think that Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn will be announced as the winner. The book was ranked #1 in The New York Times bestseller list for 8 consecutive weeks back in 2012, so it would probably be more commercially viable for CD to release it as a Deluxe S/L edition over The Ruins.

Additionally, Gillian Flynn is a much newer author, with her first novel being published in 2006. Scott Smith is a bit older as his first novel was published back in 1993.
                Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 02-03-2014, 10:32 AM.
                - Stephen King

Comment

If its down to those two, definitely putting all my money on Gillian Flynn and one of her stories. Good research!
                  So Brian, are we getting the public announcement today or just CDCC?

Comment

You have to much free time..
                    Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                    Okay, I will explain the sudden shift in odds.

There were two hints initially given on 21st January via email, that allowed people to speculate as to who the author would be for today's big announcement:

1. That it was one of the bestselling books of the last few years.

2. It was a newer author, whose books had never previously been published by CD.

However over the weekend, Brian gave two more hints on the Dark Tower Forum:

1. "Stephen King likes this author."

2. "we've never published this author before in any form."

This has effectively ruled out John Ajvide Lindqvist, Caitlín R. Kiernan and Richard Christian Matheson, as they had all previously featured together in the CD published short story anthology, A Book of Horrors.

Although I am certain that CD will announce the publication of Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, it will not be today.

Whilst studying the confirmed list of authors on the Goodreads website that are known to be liked by Stephen King, most were ruled out because:

1. Their material was too old to be considered as having released one of the bestselling books of the last few years.

2. They were not writers of the Horror genre.

3. They had material already previously published by CD.

So after eliminating most of the authors that are publically acknowledged as being favoured by Stephen King, only two names remained together with their respective books:

The Ruins, by Scott Smith

Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn

Comment

I think Save Yourself by Kelly Braffet is another that it could be.
                      Last edited by Martin; 02-03-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Good research, T-Dogz. I guess we'll soon find out how accurate your detective skills are! I think that either Scott Smith or Gillian Flynn would be great, but I'm pulling for Smith's The Ruins. Though it is possible that we are all way off base and will be completely surprised when the announcement is made. Now I wait impatiently for that CDCC e-mail to arrive...

Comment

If it winds up being Gillian Flynn, do I win anything for being the first to pull that one out of nowhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            Good research, T-Dogz. I guess we'll soon find out how accurate your detective skills are!
                            The results are in.... and the winner is.... GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn!!!

Sherlock Holmes.jpg
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Does any one remember if there was a Cemetery Dance Book Club coupon for May? I have been out of touch for awhile and the last one I can find is for April. Just wondering if I missed one.
                              "now youes can't leave"
                              A Bronx Tale
                              directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

I got my May code on the 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                                X