No announcement yet.

2014 Cemetery Dance Book Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gauntlet editions of all the Matheson classics are nice. They are relativity understated in terms of appearance; they were designed with his input so the final products came out looking like he wanted them to.

Centipede Press also did a copy of Hell House that looks to be a much more elaborate production.

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    Have you seen the Gauntlet press editions of those two?

Comment

Have you seen the Gauntlet press editions of those two?
      Originally posted by brionen View Post
      The Gauntlet editions of all the Matheson classics are nice. They are relativity understated in terms of appearance; they were designed with his input so the final products came out looking like he wanted them to.

Centipede Press also did a copy of Hell House that looks to be a much more elaborate production.
      I though the Gauntlet Press editions were a little bit too understated. The Centipede Press edition of Hell House looks nice, but I thought for a book of such importance it should have been bound in leather and presented in a deluxe traycase.

However, both Gauntlet Press and Centipede Press have completely sold out of their copies of Richard Matheson's classic novels, so I'm screwed anyway.
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

One announcement will probably be The Doctor Sleep artwork portfolio, I hope CD gets to do the limited for Mr. Mercedes!
        A super deluxe S/L edition of Mr Mercedes published by CD would be awesome. Especially if it came with artwork produced by Bernie Wrightson or Don Maitz.
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Given the fact that Matheson was so humble that might explain why the books are understated. I have the Gauntlet edition of Stir of Echoes and love it. Not the most flashy book in my collection but it is nice.
          Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
          I though the Gauntlet Press editions were a little bit too understated. The Centipede Press edition of Hell House looks nice, but I thought for a book of such importance it should have been bound in leather and presented in a deluxe traycase.

However, both Gauntlet Press and Centipede Press have completely sold out of their copies of Richard Matheson's classic novels, so I'm screwed anyway.

Comment

There's always the secondary market. I'd love a CP copy of Hell House, or even the Gauntlet copy, it's my favourite of his novels. Their release of Bloodlines was truly amazing, it has Matheson's screenplay for Dracula, I Am Legend, and his screenplay for I Am Legend, 3 short stories, tons of photos, and extras written by people like Ray Bradbury, R.C. Matheson and John Carpenter. It comes leatherbound, not too mention it's the biggest book in my collection. You can actually get a copy on abebooks for $100, cheaper than I paid, and the lettered is still on Gauntlet's website. It also has the sigs of the people who wrote the extras, while the numbered just has Matheson and the editor Mark Dawidziak. The only thing missing would have been a nice slip or tray case. But it looks like Gauntlet made them separately anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
              There's always the secondary market. I'd love a CP copy of Hell House, or even the Gauntlet copy, it's my favourite of his novels. Their release of Bloodlines was truly amazing, it has Matheson's screenplay for Dracula, I Am Legend, and his screenplay for I Am Legend, 3 short stories, tons of photos, and extras written by people like Ray Bradbury, R.C. Matheson and John Carpenter. It comes leatherbound, not too mention it's the biggest book in my collection. You can actually get a copy on abebooks for $100, cheaper than I paid, and the lettered is still on Gauntlet's website. It also has the sigs of the people who wrote the extras, while the numbered just has Matheson and the editor Mark Dawidziak. The only thing missing would have been a nice slip or tray case. But it looks like Gauntlet made them separately anyway.
              Thanks for the info, Dan! That sounds pretty cool and I'm definitely going to check it out!
              - Stephen King

Comment

Your resident CD 'tipster' has some preliminary odds for you....

4/7 (Fav): The Revelation 25th Anniversary Edition - Bentley Little

3/1: Mr Mercedes - Stephen King

5/1: The Dark Half 25th Anniversary Edition - Stephen King

8/1: Secretary of Dreams Vol. 3 - Stephen King

10/1: White Lightning...Black Mass - Ronald Kelly

15/1: Revival - Stephen King
                Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Your odds just went through the roof. The e-mail said one of the best sellers of the last few years. Some of your choices are older and some have not been released yet. I will say that is quite the impressive wish list though.
                The results are in and the bookies favourite Bentley Little with The Revelation rides to victory at odds of 4/7!!!!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/little04

Never bet against the official CD 'tipster'. The House always wins!!!

Bookies.jpg
                Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 01-27-2014, 11:20 PM.
                - Stephen King

Comment

Yes, but what is the announcement going to be next week? That is the one that is one of the best sellers, not this week's announcement. Rich is more excited about next week's too. I already knew there was a multiple title deal with Little, though I had no idea on the number or that it would be previously published titles.

Not sure that The Revelation is an anniversary edition, though that would be great!
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Any guesses? I'm drawing a blank right now.

Comment

I don't think I've seen this noted as a possibility for the relatively recent bestseller, so I'll throw it in as my guess:
                      The Ruins by Scott Smith

It was a huge bestseller, it received an endorsement by Stephen King, and it was quickly optioned for a movie. It has similar achievements to books like The Passage and World War Z, so it would fit in a collection nicely alongside them. As far as I'm aware, it was never produced as a limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                        Yes, but what is the announcement going to be next week? That is the one that is one of the best sellers, not this week's announcement. Rich is more excited about next week's too. I already knew there was a multiple title deal with Little, though I had no idea on the number or that it would be previously published titles.

Not sure that The Revelation is an anniversary edition, though that would be great!
                        Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                        Any guesses? I'm drawing a blank right now.
                        Stay tuned! The official CD 'tipster' will have a list of books and preliminary odds posted here later today regarding Monday's announcement.
                        - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by brionen View Post
                          I don't think I've seen this noted as a possibility for the relatively recent bestseller, so I'll throw it in as my guess:
                          The Ruins by Scott Smith

It was a huge bestseller, it received an endorsement by Stephen King, and it was quickly optioned for a movie. It has similar achievements to books like The Passage and World War Z, so it would fit in a collection nicely alongside them. As far as I'm aware, it was never produced as a limited edition.
                          I would be so down for that one! I love that book! That would easily be a lettered edition purchase for me. Unfortunately I think that it is rather a long shot. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

I would also like to see The Straw Men books by Michael Marshall done as limited editions.

Comment

I greatly enjoyed The Ruins as well, so that would be cool. I am drawing a blank about what it could be at the moment, will have to try and think about it and see if I can come up with anything
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

I would love Scott Smith's A Simple Plan but The Ruins was one of the worst novels I have read in a while.

Comment

Your official CD 'Tipster' now has some preliminary odds for Monday's announcement...

Tipster.jpg

3/1: Let The Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist

5/1: The Vampire Chronicles - Anne Rice

8/1: Haunted - Chuck Palahniuk

12/1: Drood - Dan Simmons

14/1: House Of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski

20/1: Dark Harvest - Norman Partridge

25/1: The Ruins - Scott Smith

28/1: The Missing - Sarah Langan

35/1: Silk - Caitlín R. Kiernan

40/1: American Gods - Neil Gaiman

50/1: Lunar Park - Bret Easton Ellis

80/1: Dystopia - Richard Christian Matheson

100/1: Fly Fishing - J. R. Hartley
                                Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 01-28-2014, 11:40 PM.
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X