No announcement yet.

The Damnation Game by Clive Barker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are plenty of limited editions I've purchased over the years that have decreased in value, namely Ray Garton's work. You see them lower all the time on ebay...Jack Ketchum too.

Comment

I've found some that have dropped in price (though normally not substantially), normally it is shortly after publication, give most collectable books time and they will increase. But it's all supply and demand, a flavour of the month author's books may be more expensive one year and less the next. New/Used also affects the price, if you've read it, even if you're careful it will most likely have decreased the over all monetary value of the book. I do feel that as a whole my collection has been increasing in value, may be not every individual books, but some literally triple or quadruple after they have sold out. While normally if a price drops it's maybe 25%, surely not 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
        A book is only worth what you successfully sell it for, plain and simple. Doesn't need to be more complicated than that.
        I found that out when I ran a comic book store back in the late 80's. All value of a collector's items is theoretical until you sell it.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

As certain as night follows day, the CD version of Clive Barker's The Damnation Game will substantially increase in value.
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

I'm not buying it t osell, though you never know...
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm definitely not buying it to sell... Not even for all the Whiskey in Ireland!!!
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

Well, let's not be hasy...hazy...haty..hasty! There we go.

I am going
                I am going
                Any which way the wind will be blowing.

I am going
                I am going
                Where streams of whiskey are flowing!
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So dissapointed that I missed out on this - one of my favourite novels.
                  Need to get my act together regarding getting early notifications. Oh well, might have to hunt down the W&N limited edition.

Comment

If you can hold out till it's actually released you can always try the "out of print" thread. CD seem to normally have extra copies from cancelled orders.

Comment

Thanks Theli, will keep an eye on it.

Comment

I bought it just to enjoy. As a nice edition to sit with the rest of my CD signed books.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                          Thanks Theli, will keep an eye on it.
                          No problem! It worked well for me. Dan was able to track down a copy of the It gift edition and The Exorcist numbered copy from Lonely Road books. There's also a waiting list option on the purchase page.
                          Last edited by Theli; 12-02-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

I would definitely get onto the waiting list. It does not cost you anything and you will get contacted if there are extras upon release.
                            Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                            So dissapointed that I missed out on this - one of my favourite novels.
                            Need to get my act together regarding getting early notifications. Oh well, might have to hunt down the W&N limited edition.

Comment

Subterranean Press have just announced this morning that they have 25 copies of the S/L edition for sale. You're gonna have to be quick to snag a copy, as these are definitely going to shift real fast!

I have tried attaching a link to the Sub Press website, but I am typing this on my mobile phone and it doesn't want to play.

I hate technology...
                              Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 12-02-2013, 02:59 PM.
                              - Stephen King

Comment

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...damnation_game

Comment

Working...
                                X