X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    CDCC = Awesome sauce.

Comment

Me too even thought I havent been able to make any purchases...$45 for shipping is not in my budget ATM. Need brakes and winter tires before the snow comes which shouldn't be far off.

Comment

I look forward to any news to help the Canadians with shipping. Ie: canadian distributor

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
          I look forward to any news to help the Canadians with shipping. Ie: canadian distributor
          That'll be coming soon. Our special offers won't apply to their store, of course.

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

So it'd be cheaper to pay the extra shipping most likely depending on the sale. Like this CDCC recent offer would be $132ish after the CDCC discount plus shipping but without the CDCC and ordering it through a candian distributor you'd pay $175.00 plus shipping still won't be free, a package like that you are probably still looking at about $20 through CanadaPost. Thus its cheaper to order directly from CD. even if said distributor offers free shipping it still cost more. But it is a benefit for items that dont go on sale...like S/L Stephen King books.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              So it'd be cheaper to pay the extra shipping most likely depending on the sale. Like this CDCC recent offer would be $132ish after the CDCC discount plus shipping but without the CDCC and ordering it through a candian distributor you'd pay $175.00 plus shipping still won't be free, a package like that you are probably still looking at about $20 through CanadaPost. Thus its cheaper to order directly from CD. even if said distributor offers free shipping it still cost more. But it is a benefit for items that dont go on sale...like S/L Stephen King books.
              Yep, hopefully this will give collectors in Canada some options to consider. Is a special we're offering a good enough deal to pay the USPS's outlandish postage rates or are you better off ordering from the store in Canada at full price and paying a lot less on shipping. And like you said, for books that sell out fast or don't go on sale, it should give you a much better option in terms of shipping rates!

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Comment

Got all 3 of the newest offer! Shipping was a little pricey, but I could afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  .Welcome aboard.
                  Thanks bookworm1...just the ordered the Lost Screenplays. 1st CDCC4 purchase!

Comment

Just remember. Pick and choose or you will have spent way more then you thought. CDCC is great but sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                      Yep, hopefully this will give collectors in Canada some options to consider. Is a special we're offering a good enough deal to pay the USPS's outlandish postage rates or are you better off ordering from the store in Canada at full price and paying a lot less on shipping. And like you said, for books that sell out fast or don't go on sale, it should give you a much better option in terms of shipping rates!

Brian
                      What is the deal with this? I am in Canada, but have the luxury where I have a work warehouse in Detroit (I am in Windsor, ON) and my driver is able to bring the mail over for me. If I can get a good rate for shipping I may in future have it sent direct to me in Windsor......

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                        What is the deal with this? I am in Canada, but have the luxury where I have a work warehouse in Detroit (I am in Windsor, ON) and my driver is able to bring the mail over for me. If I can get a good rate for shipping I may in future have it sent direct to me in Windsor......
                        Sometime between now and the end of the year, a website based out of Canada will be adding our books and the magazine. Probably not discounted because they have to pay a lot of postage to the USPS for something heavy like a box of books, and they won't carry any of our specials like Grab Bags, but their rates for shipping locally (meaning, Canada) should be much better than ours!

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Just remember. Pick and choose or you will have spent way more then you thought. CDCC is great but sometimes you have to bite the bullet.
                          I noticed that - 4 is my first CDCC, and even though nothing has been shipped yet from it, the few offers, etc that I've received in email already..... as you say - pick and choose wisely - especially if funds are tight. But they are great offers!!!!

Comment

Brian - just curious if you knew how many CDCC4 members there are this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                              Sometime between now and the end of the year, a website based out of Canada will be adding our books and the magazine. Probably not discounted because they have to pay a lot of postage to the USPS for something heavy like a box of books, and they won't carry any of our specials like Grab Bags, but their rates for shipping locally (meaning, Canada) should be much better than ours!

Brian
                              Great to hear! Any idea where it will be based out of?

Comment

Didn't you know everything is in Ontario? lol. Although I was surprised when my last amazon order came from BC. Guess they have a few distribution centers, which I didn't know. Took me twice as long to get it because when I put in my new address I didn't know it off hand so since I was at work I pulled it off my Auto insurance screen and accidentally entered the work postal code instead of my own. I still got it though cuz CanadaPost tends to still send you your stuff if they can figure out where its supposed to go...which is the one and only thing I like about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X