This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post

Off the record, but Interview books are in stock! We have a whole bunch of things to ship first, though
    Hey, great! I'm looking forward to getting it

Comment

Very cool news! Thanks, Dan!

Comment

You have a whole bunch of things to ship first?  After 5 years?  How sad.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
          You have a whole bunch of things to ship first? After 5 years? How sad.
          I'm not sure I follow why in particular that is sad? Warehouse is never the hold up point for more than a few days. If there's a delay on warehouse side, it's because we have loads of stuff coming in. That's a good thing!

In this case, we got thousands of Gwendy trilogy cases (originally forecasted for mid summer) in along with several other projects within the span of about a week, just before the Interview pallets came, on top of our usual day-to-day stuff. Our primary warehouse shipper is on vacation, but the new part timer is churning through them. Mindy and I have tried to help with some of them (finally getting the Gothic HCs all out, the pair of beautiful DRT books that shipped last week, etc) but we have full time tasks other than the hands-on shipping, and we can't drop a limited project on a brand new part-timer anyway. I'm thrilled to get the Interviews in, I'm glad we're shipping them before we get the cases, and I'm excited to have a lot of things shipping first. I'm excited for the other stuff waiting to ship after Interview, too, just like I'm happy to be scrambling getting things done on front office side. More things to printers, to retailers, to distributors, even more clerical work. It is fantastic. It means things are moving.
          CD Email: [email protected]
          My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

Hi Dan-
            Is Best of CD 2 lettered edition in that shipping queue? The production update is confusing - it says traycases for this are both finishing design AND finishing production. Can't be both.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
              You have a whole bunch of things to ship first?  After 5 years?  How sad.
              Odd statement. People complain if nothing is shipping and now complain when there is too much to ship.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

Odd statement. People complain if nothing is shipping and now complain when there is too much to ship.
                That can be boiled down to just "People complain."

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                  Hi Dan-
                  Is Best of CD 2 lettered edition in that shipping queue? The production update is confusing - it says traycases for this are both finishing design AND finishing production. Can't be both.
                  I will try to get that fixed up! It is all finished with design and finishing production, sorry for the confusion
                  CD Email: [email protected]
                  My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

So I was lucky enough to purchase a lettered copy of Gwendy's Final Task in April of 2021. Yes, one that will be signed by King.

I'm really torn - do I cancel this order because honestly, I have no idea when this book will be done, let alone ship, and it's a pretty big chunk of change to just have floating out there. Will CD let me sell the pre-order and essentially assign it to someone else? Anyone ever do that before? Or do I just cancel my order, get my money, and always wonder what could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                      So I was lucky enough to purchase a lettered copy of Gwendy's Final Task in April of 2021. Yes, one that will be signed by King.

I'm really torn - do I cancel this order because honestly, I have no idea when this book will be done, let alone ship, and it's a pretty big chunk of change to just have floating out there. Will CD let me sell the pre-order and essentially assign it to someone else? Anyone ever do that before? Or do I just cancel my order, get my money, and always wonder what could have been.
                      Yeah, it gives a whole new meaning to "put your money in a CD". I have the S/L on order, plus a lot of other titles, and at this point I just consider the money spent, and hope that the books show up eventually. Personally, I wouldn't cancel it.

Comment

CD won't let you transfer a pre-order. I tried when I sold by Doubleday AEs while back with the preorder for Night Shift included. I wound up having to receive the book from CD and then ship it to my buyer.

As for if you should cancel or not, that is up to if you feel like waiting or not. We know the book will come eventually but with CD's track record (not bashing, just stating facts), it will be a while down the road. Personally, I've moved away from having money tied up in preorders for years. I just don't think it's worth it anymore.

Comment

Depends how big of a Gwendy fan you are. Do you have the rest of the trilogy in deluxe format and this edition will complete the set? Then you should keep it.

Or is this a one-off? If it's a one-off and you're not an ardent fan of the series and instead are looking at it as either a nice vehicle for a King sig or as some type of theoretical investment, I'd suggest cancelling it and using the funds to purchase an existing signed King volume is a better option...this is the only way to actually have the King sig or investment in hand right now rather than the concept of having it in the future at some unknown -- quite possibly, very long in the future -- point.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Hey Dan, any news on the 2018 Forthcoming grab bag books? I know Suffer the Children is included but nothing else. And I've seen no other movement. Anything at all?

Comment

I don't have the rest of the Gwendy books in deluxe - just the signed trades from CD (and now the slipcase that arrived today.)

If I remember right, I was able to snag a copy because I was a member of the CDCC and actually figured I'd sell it and make an extra buck or two.

Everyone has some very good points - I'm just really torn. It is paid for, and it's not like I gave up something to justify the cost, I just keep thinking that $500 seems like a lot of money to have sitting around somewhere.

It is too bad I can't transfer the book order - I know there were a lot of people butt hurt that they missed out on this book.

Decisions decisions.

Comment

I don't have the rest of the Gwendy books in deluxe - just the signed trades from CD (and now the slipcase that arrived today.)

If I remember right, I was able to snag a copy because I was a member of the CDCC and actually figured I'd sell it and make an extra buck or two.

Everyone has some very good points - I'm just really torn. It is paid for, and it's not like I gave up something to justify the cost, I just keep thinking that $500 seems like a lot of money to have sitting around somewhere.

It is too bad I can't transfer the book order - I know there were a lot of people butt hurt that they missed out on this book.

Decisions decisions.
                                Based on this, I'd vote for cancelling. Gwendy is not a desired series and I just wouldn't even bother even if you could sell it for $800 after you got it. Just not worth the headspace. Having the other two and being able to have a set is the only reason I wouldn't cancel.

Comment

Working...
                                X