This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Jeff, I suspect you are probably a bit of a pain in the ass, but who isn't LOL! I enjoyed your 2022 bookshelf tour. I share your feelings about funkos.
    I am very hard to tolerate. I just moved 10 hours away from the city I called home for 50 years and all my mother said was "Keep in touch." So I wouldn't even say I'm an acquired taste. But even I know Funkos are shelf pollution.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      But even I know Funkos are shelf pollution.
      Yes. They are.

Comment

I am very hard to tolerate. I just moved 10 hours away from the city I called home for 50 years and all my mother said was "Keep in touch." So I wouldn't even say I'm an acquired taste. But even I know Funkos are shelf pollution.
        But Moms know everything LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post

Yes. They are.
          They are utterly ridiculous. I only own one and it was forced on me.

ALICE FUNKO 2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

But Moms know everything LOL!
            That made me remember something my Mom said to me once and laugh. Probably over 25 years ago my Mom came to me and said she spoke for me when she probably should not have. I cousin, whom I was childhood friends with when I lived in Southern California had moved up here and lived about 25 miles from me. She lives in the Columbia gorge and my Mom would sometimes ask me to drive her up to visit them. I guess she was in Portland for something and visited my Mom. My Mom was nearing 80 and getting frail. My Cousin asked her who would pull together the family when my Mom passed and specifically asked if it would be me. My Mom, who like me had a general rule of 'If you don't want the answer to a question, don't ask' told her without hesitation 'No, you will probably never hear from him again when I pass.' The cousin looked shocked at the response and my Mom thought 'should I have not said that'. I informed my Mom that if the Cousin was relying on me to pull together family gatherings what my Mom said was accurate and not to worry about it. A few years later my Mom passed. The cousin was at my house for the celebration of life I had for Mom and we have not spoken since.

Your statement reminded me of my Mom and put a smile on my face. Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

That made me remember something my Mom said to me once and laugh. Probably over 25 years ago my Mom came to me and said she spoke for me when she probably should not have. I cousin, whom I was childhood friends with when I lived in Southern California had moved up here and lived about 25 miles from me. She lives in the Columbia gorge and my Mom would sometimes ask me to drive her up to visit them. I guess she was in Portland for something and visited my Mom. My Mom was nearing 80 and getting frail. My Cousin asked her who would pull together the family when my Mom passed and specifically asked if it would be me. My Mom, who like me had a general rule of 'If you don't want the answer to a question, don't ask' told her without hesitation 'No, you will probably never hear from him again when I pass.' The cousin looked shocked at the response and my Mom thought 'should I have not said that'. I informed my Mom that if the Cousin was relying on me to pull together family gatherings what my Mom said was accurate and not to worry about it. A few years later my Mom passed. The cousin was at my house for the celebration of life I had for Mom and we have not spoken since.

Your statement reminded me of my Mom and put a smile on my face. Thank You!
              Love that story. Truth is uncompromising.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post

Safely arrived today. I got #61
                Mine just arrived today! #89

Comment

Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post

I will ask around if anyone else has a good estimation on time frame, but from what I can see we hit a pretty good stretch of Bentley Little books as every other or every third GYE for the next while, so they should be coming out 1-2 a year. I apologize for that enormous delay. Of the first 8 GYEs, only one is Little, but I believe they should all be done well before 30. 1 in 10 years is pretty alarmingly glacial, however and I understand the cause for concern. Please feel free to contact me here or via email for any updates on the GYE/Little stuff and I'll do whatever I can to keep you in the loop! (I'm not sure how much information regarding the GYE order I'm supposed to divulge)
                  Okay thanks for the reply! I have all the GYE books so far and love the design. I'll keep an eye out for any news on the future releases, including any Bentley Little ones. At this point I'll definitely collect them all, especially given when the Bentley Little ones finally ship I'll have already paid for them!

Comment

Originally posted by DanFranklin View Post

The rest just arrived! I know there are a handful of slipcases to go out and sig sheet grab bags and whatnot, but I expect they'll be out within a week! If you've not heard anything by then, let me know and I'll start printing up orders and shipping them out when I get free moments
                    Hi Dan, Any new updates on the Billy Summers slipcase yet? If not, no worries!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Hi Dan, Any new updates on the Billy Summers slipcase yet? If not, no worries!
                      No proper updates! It has quite a line in front of it before it sees the light of day, sadly
                      CD Email: [email protected]
                      My website: DanFranklinAuthor.com

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                        Not quite sure where to post this question. Do you have any idea when King of Shadow will ship from CD?

Thanks
                        Hate to ask but is there any update?

Comment

Wondering if Gothic has started shipping.

Comment

Wondering if Gothic has started shipping.
                            Looks like Fracassi had to cancel a L.A. signing yesterday because the books were not available / did not arrive:

https://twitter.com/philipfracassi/s...qRWFcVyu2ZivlA
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Looks like Fracassi had to cancel a L.A. signing yesterday because the books were not available / did not arrive:

https://twitter.com/philipfracassi/s...qRWFcVyu2ZivlA
                              Yeah I saw that after I posted here, so I guess I got my answer.

Comment

So, the production updates page says updated last March 7th...but I don't see anything that was really updated but maybe the Graveyard books. So no movement on Caretakers, Flight or Fright (also, 5 years for an artist edition?), Night Shift Lettered, The Stand, and We're all in this together, the aforementioned forthcoming grab bag of 2018...Any update on that at all?
                                Second question, if the Night Shift Lettered is taking this long, how much longer are we going to wait for the Stand Lettered? I feel like people had expectations that The Stand would be coming this year, 'things are moving' is the sentiment I've heard, but man, if you guys haven't even finished night shift, and the responses that I've received are that you won't ship the stand until night shift is completed, we deserve some kind of time table.

Comment

Working...
                                X