The Overlook Art Print by Glenn Chadbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Overlook Art Print by Glenn Chadbourne

Brand New Glenn Chadbourne SIGNED Limited Edition 11 X 17 FULL COLOR Art Print!
    "The Overlook"
    Signed Limited Edition Limited To 500 Prints!

This is the discussion thread for the Overlook art print announcement!

CLICK HERE to purchase this product

CLICK HERE to view the announcement
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

didn't even think about this one. no comments on it? I thought it would go nice with Carrie. Now he needs a Pet Sematary and I'd have a nice little chadbourne set of his first 3 novels.

Comment

I think you mean Salem's 'Lot, no?

Comment

Comment here has been quiet. How has the rate of orders been going and any indication as to timing this will be avaliable?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          I think you mean Salem's 'Lot, no?
          That I did Brad. I thought it was Salems Lot, went and confirmed it was salems lots then wrote Pet Sematary. lol So weird.

Comment

I too am surprised at the lack of comments - curious how the sales are happening as well.

Comment

I have nothing against the artwork, but to me it doesn't evoke either the Overlook in the novel or the one we're used to seeing in the movie. I just reread The Shining a few days ago, so the image of the hotel with manicured grounds is still fresh in my mind. The topiary animals were there of course, but no creepy trees, etc.

This is Glenn's take on it, and that's perfectly fine, but not something that grabs me.

Comment

It didn't grab me that much either but I ordered it anyway. I didn't find it looked like the overlook would look in my mind or either movie for that matter but glenn always does his take on it which may or may not appeal to different people. What did make me order it was the lion. They were a huge part of the book and got left out of Kubricks version and got a horrible taste of TV effects in kings version. To me the lion in this painting stands out to me more than anything else and THAT'S why I ordered it. I wish the Hotel were on fire though. The Snow gives me a feel of the kubrick ending which I don't care for. I know it snowed(a lot) in all 3 versions but it still makes me think of kubricks ending. That said though, I still love it for the ominous looking shrubbery in front.

Comment

I never saw the TV version...in fact, I didn't even know there was a TV version until now

Comment

Really? 1997 Tv movie. Steven Webber as Jack? Stephen King wrote the screenplay and it follows the book almost exactly yet it pretty well sucks. lol. I think it was a matter of it being a tv movie seeing as they always suck and bad acting and directing. Well everything about it other than the story really. This movie needs a reboot for sure. Maybe with the Darabont touch. Keeping kings story intact, leaving out the things that need to be and nothing more, altering it slightly to fit the medium. Just my opinion..

Comment

It doesn't SUCK, but it plays more as a suspense thriller than a horror film. The problem is that it doesn't have the relentlessness of King's novel or Kubrick's film.

Reboot? Well, as I have always said about the startling amount of remakes coming out of Hollywood: Every generation has the right to prove to an older generation that the fears the older harbors about the younger are correct. Reboot away. They can only do better than the 1997 TV movie and try to outdo Kubrick's masterpiece.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                        Really? 1997 Tv movie. Steven Webber as Jack? Stephen King wrote the screenplay and it follows the book almost exactly yet it pretty well sucks. lol. I think it was a matter of it being a tv movie seeing as they always suck and bad acting and directing. Well everything about it other than the story really. This movie needs a reboot for sure. Maybe with the Darabont touch. Keeping kings story intact, leaving out the things that need to be and nothing more, altering it slightly to fit the medium. Just my opinion..
                        I'll have to find that and watch it some time. I really never heard of it before, but then I doubt I even watched TV in 1997.

Comment

I like the print but I still have a bunch of art work that is not up yet. Thinking I might sell some more. Seems a waste to me to just keep adding to my pile. If not for that fact I might purchase this.

Comment

i seem to be the only one who ordered this. Just send me the original and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                              i seem to be the only one who ordered this. Just send me the original and call it a day.
                              If I remember correctly it sold pretty well. Just seems like a dead topic for some reason.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                              X