No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Influence by Bentley Little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dan, isn't there supposed to be a coupon at 200 posts? I didn't see one, but maybe I will be ordering this today.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      Hey Dan, isn't there supposed to be a coupon at 200 posts? I didn't see one, but maybe I will be ordering this today.
      There should be a little yellow box at the top of the page it should last to something like 205 or 210 posts. If it's not there send me a PM and I'll give you a code.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

It showed up after I logged back in. Thanks though!

Comment

This looks like a great item for Bentley Little fans. I have only ready one of his books - The House - and I thought it was awful. I have heard it is not necessarily the best book to judge him by, but first impressions are everything and there are just too many other books that I know I want to read to invest the time on this one and hope for a better outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by rjmyers View Post
            This looks like a great item for Bentley Little fans. I have only ready one of his books - The House - and I thought it was awful. I have heard it is not necessarily the best book to judge him by, but first impressions are everything and there are just too many other books that I know I want to read to invest the time on this one and hope for a better outcome.
            Yeah, The House was not a good book. I have read a couple by Little that have been pretty good though (The Ignored, The Collection). I know what you are saying about first impressions: I read "The Stick Woman" by Edward Lee and I haven't picked up anything by him since.

Comment

Well I caved and went for the pre-order.

Comment

I bought the S/L edition. I have all Bentley Little's books, and I've always enjoyed them. The Association was one of my favorites - I've always been leery of associations

Comment

This is a really good one for Bentley and I'm thrilled that we're able to publish it.

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Glad to hear it! Hopefully it will be a good introduction to his work.

Comment

A note from one of our proofreaders for those who are on the fence who have never read Bentley Little before:

"It reads a lot like a slightly weirder Stephen King novel. The only caveat, depending on the reader, would be that nothing supernatural happens until about 50 pages in."
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

"...weirder Stephen King..." sounds good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                          A note from one of our proofreaders for those who are on the fence who have never read Bentley Little before:

"It reads a lot like a slightly weirder Stephen King novel. The only caveat, depending on the reader, would be that nothing supernatural happens until about 50 pages in."
                          50 Pages in sounds pretty good. Keep in mind you just compared it to an SK novel which makes that about right or even better in some of cases. lol.

Comment

Glad you did. Bentley Little is a master. I would go out and get a copy of The Collection. Super bunch of short stories.
                            Originally posted by Theli View Post
                            Well I caved and went for the pre-order.

Comment

^It has been added to the list.

Comment

I grabbed this with the 4th of July sale. It will be my first full length Bentley Little novel, so am looking forward to it. I only read a short or 2 of his that were in CD mag.

Hopefully will make me want more!

Comment

Working...
                                X