No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Dark Man by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the long term storage concern about shrink wrap I've seen from other collectors on another message board is condensation.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      I think the long term storage concern about shrink wrap I've seen from other collectors on another message board is condensation.
      I use a dehumidifier in my book room but given my limited knowledge of collecting, I am probably doing more harm than good at this point

Comment

Thanks for mentioning this everybody. I don't own any like this (yet), but a very important note made in my head.

Comment

I don't need a dehumidifier as it's bone dry where I live.

butitsadryheat.jpg

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          Thanks for mentioning this everybody. I don't own any like this (yet), but a very important note made in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
            I don't need a dehumidifier as it's bone dry where I live.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12768[/ATTACH]
            you are quite lucky, I've gotten books from the mailman and as soon as I open them, the pages get wavy, a dehumidifier quickly became a necessity, after a few days, most books would return to normal but paperbacks were more stubborn than the hardbacks so enter the dehumidifier

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
              you are quite lucky, I've gotten books from the mailman and as soon as I open them, the pages get wavy, a dehumidifier quickly became a necessity, after a few days, most books would return to normal but paperbacks were more stubborn than the hardbacks so enter the dehumidifier
              Wow, glad I don't normally have to worry about that! Though it does get humid up here in MN. Never had it damage the pages of books though, probably because I tend to read in the house usually. I don't remember if it was last year or 2 years ago, but we did have a day or two that the Twin Cities area of MN was the most humid place in the WORLD though! You know it is freaking humid when it is more humid than rain forests! Even worse is that I wear glasses. For a couple days there it was pretty bad. Went shopping at Target on the most humid day and the moment I walked out towards my car my glasses fogged up completely. I had to bend my head down so I could peer over the top of the glasses since my hands were full. Luckily I wasn't out on a book buying trip, lol.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Dry heat eh....... That is what people talked about when I was getting for my second trip to Las Vegas (in July '99 or close to that) - I'm sorry, when it's 110°F, it's HOT!!!!! First one for the record - was in March (not this year - say 16+ years ago), it actually rained a whole 1/4"!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                  Wow, glad I don't normally have to worry about that! Though it does get humid up here in MN. Never had it damage the pages of books though, probably because I tend to read in the house usually. I don't remember if it was last year or 2 years ago, but we did have a day or two that the Twin Cities area of MN was the most humid place in the WORLD though! You know it is freaking humid when it is more humid than rain forests! Even worse is that I wear glasses. For a couple days there it was pretty bad. Went shopping at Target on the most humid day and the moment I walked out towards my car my glasses fogged up completely. I had to bend my head down so I could peer over the top of the glasses since my hands were full. Luckily I wasn't out on a book buying trip, lol.
                  haha, I can relate to the glasses part as well, I wear glasses and in the winter when I come inside from outside my glasses fog over every time. The books ddidn't get damaged, just wavy pages and it was distressing for a few days until the would acclimate themselves, since I've been using the dehumidifier, I haven't had any more wavy pages

Comment

Sorry, I seemed to have totally derailed the The Dark Man thread, we need a separate thread for the weather now

Comment

But it's a dry heat, doesn't feel the same as humid heat. I went back east for the first time and they were issuing heat advisories and it was 'only' in the low 90s. I was so confused why they would do that. Then when it got later in the day, I realized how different it feels when it's muggy.....for longer than 20 minutes which is about how long it takes for the rain to evaporate and blow away. I got back from the trip and it was 100F but it actually felt cool to me because the sweat actually evaporates rather than just sticking around like an annoying neighbor.

Dry heat eh....... That is what people talked about when I was getting for my second trip to Las Vegas (in July '99 or close to that) - I'm sorry, when it's 110°F, it's HOT!!!!! First one for the record - was in March (not this year - say 16+ years ago), it actually rained a whole 1/4"!!!!

Comment

LOL, I think I'm starting to sound like my father.

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                        Sorry, I seemed to have totally derailed the The Dark Man thread, we need a separate thread for the weather now

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                          But it's a dry heat, doesn't feel the same as humid heat. I went back east for the first time and they were issuing heat advisories and it was 'only' in the low 90s. I was so confused why they would do that. Then when it got later in the day, I realized how different it feels when it's muggy.....for longer than 20 minutes which is about how long it takes for the rain to evaporate and blow away. I got back from the trip and it was 100F but it actually felt cool to me because the sweat actually evaporates rather than just sticking around like an annoying neighbor.
                          I know what you mean, but still, the dry heat comment made me laugh, when I'm sitting by a pool thinking how hot it was. Where I am at (Windsor, Ontario) - across from Detroit, MI - it gets hot and humid - we are talking 90+ degrees with days where humidity is really high too - and that sucks too, but I would miss it.

Comment

The dry heat argument really only works up to a certain degree. For me its about 100. After that its too hot. Yes 110 dry vs 110 humid is better but it's still like walking around in an oven.

Comment

Great production on this guys. A magnificent book. Wish I could have gotten a s/l.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Looks like I have to wait until tomorrow for mine.... darn internal mail distribution.

Comment

Working...
                                X