[INDEXED]The Dark Man by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Yep. Hopefully, one of those has MY name on it.
    I believe I saw the one with your name on it in the pile the post office is picking up tomorrow.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Cooool looking ARC's. I think I like the orange one the best but to be safe please just send me all three. Thanks!
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Can't wait!

Comment

The Orange one is mine.. No really I am getting an orange one.
          Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
          Cooool looking ARC's. I think I like the orange one the best but to be safe please just send me all three. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            I believe I saw the one with your name on it in the pile the post office is picking up tomorrow.

Oh yeah!

"I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I believe one of those may have my name on it as well.

Comment

It was strange to see this....
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1587674211/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957& creativeASIN=1587674211&linkCode=as2&tag=052379122 979-20

Comment

One did have my name on it should be here Monday or Tuesday.
                  Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  Yep. Hopefully, one of those has MY name on it.

Comment

Yep. Mine's on the way, too!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                      I would love one of the ones for the slipcased edition since I ordered that one and I don't intend on opening the shrinkwrap, I guess they are the same as the other ARC's on the inside though, just different dust jacket art?
                      Tommy, I don't think that CD puts their books in shrink wrap. If they do, PLEASE remove the shrink wrap! Shrink wrap often can damage dust jackets, plus you should inspect the book to be sure it doesn't have any flaws, such as bindery errors, etc.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                        Tommy, I don't think that CD puts their books in shrink wrap. If they do, PLEASE remove the shrink wrap! Shrink wrap often can damage dust jackets, plus you should inspect the book to be sure it doesn't have any flaws, such as bindery errors, etc.

John
                        The Slipcased edition of The Dark Man will be shrink wrapped by our printer. The slipcase will protect the book/DJ during the shrink wrapping process.

But I do generally recommend opening shrink wrapped books to check for problems, etc. Also, I've heard some concerns about the long term storage of books in shrink wrap causing problems down the road.

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                          The Slipcased edition of The Dark Man will be shrink wrapped by our printer. The slipcase will protect the book/DJ during the shrink wrapping process.

But I do generally recommend opening shrink wrapped books to check for problems, etc. Also, I've heard some concerns about the long term storage of books in shrink wrap causing problems down the road.

Brian
                          Wow, I had no idea. So why bother with the shrink wrap if it may damage the book later on? Just curious

Comment

Wow, I had no idea. So why bother with the shrink wrap if it may damage the book later on? Just curious
                            Some people prefer the shrink wrap for their collectible books because it "looks" more special.

In this case, it also helps hold the whole package together because there's the Limited Edition bookmark to be included with the book/slipcase and we don't want anything getting lost on the way to the reader/collector -- these are also available to some of our retailers.

Shrink wrapping also gives more protection than you would think in transit and on the bookstore shelf -- there are less scuffs and scratches on the actual book or slipcase when they've been shrink wrapped. Now shrink wrap won't stop a UPS truck backing over the box from doing damage, but it does help with general handling issues.

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                              Some people prefer the shrink wrap for their collectible books because it "looks" more special.

In this case, it also helps hold the whole package together because there's the Limited Edition bookmark to be included with the book/slipcase and we don't want anything getting lost on the way to the reader/collector -- these are also available to some of our retailers.

Shrink wrapping also gives more protection than you would think in transit and on the bookstore shelf -- there are less scuffs and scratches on the actual book or slipcase when they've been shrink wrapped. Now shrink wrap won't stop a UPS truck backing over the box from doing damage, but it does help with general handling issues.

Brian
                              I see, thanks! I am debating on opening my GE of Desperation now, it has been shrink wrapped for nearly 20 years and the jacket seems ok but I don't want it getting damaged

Comment

I've had books that came in pretty tight shrink wrap and it kind of adheres to the dust jacket. It hasn't pulled anything off the DJ when I removed it, but I can see how it could bond after a while and cause damage if allowed to remain. Some shrink wrap is pretty loose.

I see, thanks! I am debating on opening my GE of Desperation now, it has been shrink wrapped for nearly 20 years and the jacket seems ok but I don't want it getting damaged

Comment

Working...
                                X