Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXThe Dark Tower Companion: A Guide to Stephen King's Epic Fantasy by Bev Vincent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a paperback of this in B&N today and flipped through it. Looked pretty good. Glad I gotthe s/l of it.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Cool -- I haven't seen a copy "in the wild" yet!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankP View Post
        I'd love to be able to buy this book at this time, and under normal circumstances I wouldn't hesitate. Ahhh, but my funds are running low for a while, and I'll have to pass
        Oh what the heck...I'm going to order mine now while supplies last

Comment

That's the spirit!!!!
          Originally posted by FrankP View Post
          Oh what the heck...I'm going to order mine now while supplies last

Comment

Finally! I got the book! I'm on the page 219, and it's looks very interesting. What a killer cover!

resized_resized_P1130179.jpg

The way that every important scene of the 'Dark Tower' books are explained, it's very clarifying, and it has the essential information of every novel.

If you are out there Bev, I have a question for you, about the map (it is a very cool map, and pretty clever)
            Eluria is near the Desatoya Mountains, after the events of the prequel of 'The Gunslinger', Roland heads west, and he has no destination in mind yet. How he could reach Pricetown to buy the mule without seeing the Western Sea or Tull?

And for the same reason... Eluria is located in Desatoya's Mountains North? South? or... where?

Anyway,
            Thanks for giving us (to the tower junkies) a new book for exploring the series.

Long days and pleasant nights, sai Vincent.

Comment

The cover art is by a Spanish artist named Nekro. I, too, was blown away by it.

There are so many inconsistencies in the geography of Mid-World that I did not attempt to address them all. It's simply impossible. I don't think King ever thought it out. I never expected my map to have any internal logic at all. I drew it on a whim. What convinced me to include it was the information from Wind Through the Keyhole, which placed Gilead solidly on the North beam. A line of text said that a train used to run west to the Mohaine, and when I drew a line west, that's where it ended up!

However, as I stated in the book, since Mid-World is laid out like a clock, if there's a North beam (12 o'clock), there cannot be a beam that runs southeast (halfway between 4 and 5). They have to be south-south-east (5) and east-south-east (4). So it's broken from the get-go and I did the best I could with the inconsistencies.

Comment

The cover art is very beautiful, it looks very surreal and powerfull at the same time. Nice detail that Nekro it's a Spanish artist!

"The Wind Through the Keyhole" indeed has many 'key' information for the geography of Mid-World, but like you said, still there are many inconsistencies. Anyway, the map is one of the best I ever saw. There is no map with all the regions of Mid-World like this one. It helps a lot!

Thanks for taking the time for answer my question!

Greetings from a Chilean fan.

Comment

I knew at the time that I was creating it that it would be unique. Robin Furth has done maps of regions, but no one has ever attempted to assemble them all before. I was sure it simply wasn't going to work at all, like pieces from several different jigsaw puzzles, so I was gratified when I found something that made at least SOME sense!

Comment

Will the in-stock slipcases measuring 7 3/8 X 10 1/4 X 1 1/4 fit this book Dan or Brian? Thanks! Looking to place a decent size order soon and want to mitigate my shipping cost .

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Will the in-stock slipcases measuring 7 3/8 X 10 1/4 X 1 1/4 fit this book Dan or Brian? Thanks! Looking to place a decent size order soon and want to mitigate my shipping cost .
                      Looks like no on this one, and there doesn't appear to be one that it would fit in.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks Dan.

Comment

Working...
                        X