[INDEXED]IT: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    So it does have a DJ??? Oh my God. I know I'll ruin it somehow. If that's the case, is it possible to get a replacement from CD, even if I have to pay for it??

One big suggestion I think you guys should really consider is putting protective covers on the DJs, especially with books this huge so I won't suffer a nervous breakdown when attempting to put the Mylar cover on.
    Just a suggestion, mind you.
    Yep it has a DJ. We've started selling our DJ's, but we also provide replacement DJ's for mishaps and damages that happen in transit and shortly after. We've thought about protective covers before, but to be completely honest the demand for them isn't great enough to justify cost, time, and energy it would take to put the covers on all of the DJ's.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ok, so I could actually buy another if something happens to the one I receive, correct?
      And about the protective covers...it seems every other online booksellers I've dealt with always includes a DJ cover. Oh well, I guess you guys are unique in that respect.

No real sarcasm intended there .

Comment

Dark Regions doesn't provide covers either, unless they have started to since I last ordered from them.

It would be awesome if CD did that, but I completely understand why they don't. It would raise to cost of making the book for one thing, and it would be very time consuming to put a cover over the dustjackets of all their books. Camelot puts covers on their books, but as far as I know they don't publish nearly as many books as CD does. Maybe if CD had more employees it would be feasible, but with the small number of people at CD it would probably mean they would be at work all day and night, lol
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Most of the publishers don't actually put covers on. I know Gauntlet does on some of their titles, but their the only ones I've seen. None of the other publishers we deal with in the genre do. Some of the book sellers might, but it's just something we can't do with our current workload.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The Brodart Archival covers have worked great on my first 200 CD books......I will post an update in another 50 or so books and let you know if they're still working out.....

Comment

I also use Brodart Archival covers and have had no issues with them. A few of the books are so tight in the Slipcase that I have decided not to try it but most work great.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                Dark Regions doesn't provide covers either, unless they have started to since I last ordered from them.

It would be awesome if CD did that, but I completely understand why they don't. It would raise to cost of making the book for one thing, and it would be very time consuming to put a cover over the dustjackets of all their books. Camelot puts covers on their books, but as far as I know they don't publish nearly as many books as CD does. Maybe if CD had more employees it would be feasible, but with the small number of people at CD it would probably mean they would be at work all day and night, lol
                Yeah, I never really thought of that. I have to assume CD sells tons of more books than even its closet competiter (sp?) so it would be really time consuming. I can just imagine trying to put thousands and thousands of those things on books literally every couple weeks. Even if that was my only job, I'd hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I also use Brodart Archival covers and have had no issues with them. A few of the books are so tight in the Slipcase that I have decided not to try it but most work great.
                  A perfect example of that are the Marvel Omnibus editions...those 2 HCs. It's an extremely tight fit. Maybe too tight.

Comment

Very happy to have received an e-mail from CD confirming my shipping address. Means that we're getting close to holding that awesome book in our sweaty, shaking hands :-)

Comment

Yep, I was happy to get that e-mail as well and to hear both the Gift and Limited should be ready
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise View Post
                        Very happy to have received an e-mail from CD confirming my shipping address. Means that we're getting close to holding that awesome book in our sweaty, shaking hands :-)

Thou shalt not hold IT with "sweaty, shaking hands"!!!

Comment

That was one of the "lost" commandments that was on the tablet Mel Brooks broke on the way down from Mt. Sinai, right?
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            Thou shalt not hold IT with "sweaty, shaking hands"!!!
                            But I've held it with sweaty, shaking hands before and the experience was too good not to repeat.

Comment

I think I am in the wrong forum!
                              But I've held it with sweaty, shaking hands before and the experience was too good not to repeat.

Comment

Icky bad clown!! Icky bad clown!! Icky bad clown!! Icky bad clown!! LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X