Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXEDStephen King's The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance (Revised and Updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered it. Still haven't read the old one yet, though. Should probably thumb through it at some point...

Comment

I have the signed copy plus the 2 volume pb edition. They are really fun to thumb through from time to time.

Comment

I already have this one so I didn't see the point in getting the revised edition. Despite that, I'd still get it if I had the money

Comment

I passed on this one as well. The original is 864 pages and the Revised & Updated with one additional book covered is 700. I may still grab it at some point but for now I am passing.
          Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
          I already have this one so I didn't see the point in getting the revised edition. Despite that, I'd still get it if I had the money

Comment

A revised book has a lower page count than the original?? How on earth can it be revised then? I have a lot of non-fiction stuff by King and novels signed and I have too many to, they're just laying on a bed in the spare room. I need a bokkshelf I think LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I passed on this one as well. The original is 864 pages and the Revised & Updated with one additional book covered is 700. I may still grab it at some point but for now I am passing.
              Just an estimated page count on the revised. It'll probably be more, although the designer can always lower the page count by tightening the margins, etc. I've seen books go from 200 pages to 300 pages and back again depending on how they were designed.

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Now you have me thinking. I assumed a lot of the original content had been excised for the revised editions. Did my assumption do what assumptions often do with those who make them?
                Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                Just an estimated page count on the revised. It'll probably be more, although the designer can always lower the page count by tightening the margins, etc. I've seen books go from 200 pages to 300 pages and back again depending on how they were designed.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Now you have me thinking. I assumed a lot of the original content had been excised for the revised editions. Did my assumption do what assumptions often do with those who make them?
                  I think all of the original material is there (with corrections and revisions) plus new material since the first edition. I probably shouldn't have estimated a page count for the new version, I didn't even think about the fact that it would give the appearance there was less material. Off to change that now...!

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Well the type could be a lot smaller. Remember before the type was changed on King Blood the page count was over 600 and it came in at less then 500. I saw the page count for this and thought you switched type.

Comment

A revised book has a lower page count than the original?? How on earth can it be revised then? I have a lot of non-fiction stuff by King and novels signed and I have too many to, they're just laying on a bed in the spare room. I need a bokkshelf I think LOL.
                      You can send them to me, I have bookshelves

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                        You can send them to me, I have bookshelves
                        Why thank you I just may do that

Comment

Your killing me! Passing on this was easy when I thought it contained a lot less content than the original. Now I have to re-think this one.
                          Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                          I think all of the original material is there (with corrections and revisions) plus new material since the first edition. I probably shouldn't have estimated a page count for the new version, I didn't even think about the fact that it would give the appearance there was less material. Off to change that now...!

Brian

Comment

If you could keep the book the same number of pages, and then give me a heads up so I can buy a slipcase for it, that'd be great. Thanks.

Comment

I too see that as kinda of strange.
                              I will be getting this at some point in time but I wished it came slipcased.
                              I just hope that everything matches the original HC. It would be nice for the inside of the books to match as far as the print and spacing goes.
                              Last edited by LoStAlIvE; 02-09-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoStAlIvE View Post
                                I too see that as kinda of strange.
                                I will be getting this at some point in time but I wished it came slipcased.
                                I just hope that everything matches the original HC. It would be nice for the inside of the books to match as far as the print and spacing goes.
                                I wish it'd be slipcased too, for the price. I really hate books with no slipcases (collectibles I mean). I'll just stick with the original; I'm broke after getting the gift edition of The Shining and the limited of DS.

Comment

Working...
                                X