Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Mailman: The 20th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Bentley Little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsaenz24
    replied
    The book and slipcase look fantastic!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Here are a few more blurry and out of focus photos that don't convey how very cool this special edition of The Mailman is:

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...f-the-mailman/

Brian

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Wow I guess it does.Hard to believe it has been that long.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Does Kelly still work for you or has she moved on.What is she up to now?I know she is or was at one point a big part of the CD family.
    Kelly moved on 4 or 5 years ago. Time flies!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    Not Kate, but Kelly Laymon was packing and shipping books by herself back when Cemetery Dance was still working out of the basement of Rich's house, packing on the coffee table and then carrying the packages upstairs to drive to the post office. It's seriously hard to believe it'll be 10 years this summer...!
    Does Kelly still work for you or has she moved on.What is she up to now?I know she is or was at one point a big part of the CD family.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yay for LE news

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Look great Brian, looking forward to receiving my copy

Any idea on when the Lettered Edition may be completed (Lettered Eds are a particular bugbear of mine - as Mindy could likely attest )?
    I don't post estimates on the Lettered Editions right now because it's impossible to give a firm timetable due to the number of moving parts we're juggling to get them caught up -- and ultimately I don't like to guess and be wrong! Amazingly enough, when we're early publishing an edition as we've been several times in the last year, no one notices... but when I give an estimate about a publication date and I'm wrong, EVERYONE remembers.

Lots of big news coming on the Lettered Editions this summer and fall, though, so stay tuned! It will be a good year for our Lettered Edition customers.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Are you implying that Kate worked here 10 years ago? Don't mean to argue my friend, but you must've read what I posted wrong, as I'm refferring to before Kate started, back when CD published half or less than half the number of books a year we publish now.
    Not Kate, but Kelly Laymon was packing and shipping books by herself back when Cemetery Dance was still working out of the basement of Rich's house, packing on the coffee table and then carrying the packages upstairs to drive to the post office. It's seriously hard to believe it'll be 10 years this summer...!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Look great Brian, looking forward to receiving my copy

Any idea on when the Lettered Edition may be completed (Lettered Eds are a particular bugbear of mine - as Mindy could likely attest )?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Looks great, Brian! But it's 7x 10, right? About as big as The Exorcist/Legion?
    Yep, 7 x 10!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    You should try saying that to Kate in person on Monday! I will bring the popcorn!

Brian
    Are you implying that Kate worked here 10 years ago? Don't mean to argue my friend, but you must've read what I posted wrong, as I'm refferring to before Kate started, back when CD published half or less than half the number of books a year we publish now.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Looks great, Brian! But it's 7x 10, right? About as big as The Exorcist/Legion?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    The book is "bigger" than you'd expect. Hard to explain, but you'll see it when your copy arrives. Here's the first sneak peek photo:

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Yea but you have to admit that at least half or more of those first 20 years probably wasn't nearly as busy as we are these days.
    You should try saying that to Kate in person on Monday! I will bring the popcorn!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    ha... At least there are two of you back there these days! For the first 20 years of the company, it was usually just one person with an occasional helper!

Brian
    Yea but you have to admit that at least half or more of those first 20 years probably wasn't nearly as busy as we are these days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X