TCM Documentary on King.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCM Documentary on King.

Turner Classic Movies "A Night at The Movies: Stephen King." airs tonight at 7 p.m. CST (about 90 minutes from now.) 1 hr running time. Reshown at 10:30 CST.

I'll have to miss the first quarter of Monday Night Football. (I stopped recording shows when I realized I had a backlog of so many that I'd never get to...)

But I'll live.
    Last edited by srboone; 10-03-2011, 10:33 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Nothing too illuminating. King talking about horror movies.

I knew King wasn't thrilled with Kubrick's version of The Shining. He made an interesting comparison to explain the differences between his book and Kubrick's movie: In the book, the Overlook burned down; in the movie, the Overlook froze. He finds the movie very cold: all style and little substance. Fair criticism. But I still love the movie.

He also said that Dee Wallace's performance in Cujo was the best he's seen in any of the movies based on his work.

He's never liked the Werewolf genre. He finds the transformation aspect too literal when explaining the dark side of man. He particularly mentions his dislike for the I Was a Teenage Werewolf/Frankenstein films and then states that the Twilight series is just a continuation of that theme. Hmmmmmm...........

Probably stuff he's said before, but it was new to me.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I watched too and thought it was ok. Did you catch him during the credits talking about what he would take to a deserted island?

As for me, I disagree on Teenage Werewolf, loved that flick, could've done with Teenage Frankenstein.

Comment

No, the credits rolled and I went back to MNF. What would he take?
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

He just listed some movies, I forget what they were now. I do remember he said he wanted 3 of his, Cujo Misery and I forget the other too.

Comment

I recorded this on my DVR and then copied it to DVD only to realize that I should have set the DVR to record beyond the hour as his movie list at the end is cut off. I am re-recording it tonight and will then get it to DVD with all comments. Regarding the program, I found it interesting but no earth shattering information presented. Some of the old movies mentioned I have not seen yet so I am adding them to my to watch list.

Comment

King said that if he could only take one horror movie with him to a desert island (that has power....), he would take the original [I]Invasion of the Body Snatchers/I]. Nice choice.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Does anyone know where on the net I can watch the Headliners and Legends episode on Stephen? I've tried youtube, but not there. It's almost like this program didn't even exist.
                "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Is this it?

Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

All I could find was the 1 minute trailer on tcm.com.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                      Is this it?

No, that's not it...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You've probably already seen this but, this is the trailer for the doc.

http://www.tcm.com/horror/

CLick on "Video."
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks. I'll check it out, as well. Sorry for the one I posted. Seems older, but I'm enjoying it.
                          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Not to worry, Ken. I hadn't seen it.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

No, I don't think that was it oz. I'm not sure. But, there is more to the one you posted so I'm going to try and find the rest. I've seen bits and pieces of that before, but not sure where or when. And, I did watch the TCM doc, which was great. Thanks for trying guys. One of these days, they'll have it on youtube.

And just FYI, the Headliners and Legends one is older. I seem to think Matt Lauer hosted it?
                              "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Working...
                              X