Clear All

• srboone
    replied
    Video of King at the JFK libary posted at

stephenking.com

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Well, the reading was actually snipets of about 10 seconds of King reading from 11/22/63 played in a slide show before the event. There was no Q&A and the interview/conversation lasted about an hour. Not what I was expecting, but an enjoyable eveing nonetheless. 11/22/63 is two or three down on my TBR list right now (I'm kinda bogged down in War & Peace right now.) No other nitty gritty details available. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• misery chastain loves co.
    replied
    Great pics srboone! Glad you enjoyed your trip. Now, you simply must give us the nitty gritty details How was the reading? Did he do a Q&A as well? Started reading your shiny new signed book yet?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick
    replied
    Thank you for sharing the photos of your trip. Interesting stuff.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I was in Dallas las year.
    Great to see these pictures!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Great pictures!!!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    SF5.jpg

There are light fixtures under the wall of the "open tomb." At night, it makes it look like the lights are supporting the memorial. Kind of like looking towards the future...(that was mine, not from a brochure, so I'm ok with that...)

Time to rest up for tinight...

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    SF4.jpg

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    SF3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    SF2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    SF1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    "Back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left."

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Then a short jaunt over to the JFK memorial. Its a cenotaph or an "open tomb." A square roofless room symbolizing JFK's open and free spirit. That's what the brochure says.

My philosophy of art has always been that it's the ideas behind the object that are being sold, not the work itself. This means you don't have to be right and you don't even have to be good. (some things called art definitely fit into that category!) But if you have to tell people what it means, then you fail on both counts.

SF.jpg

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    And, finally, a view from the alledged second gunman's perspective:

SF2.jpg

There was a guy out there who claimed to be the second gunman, but the authorities wouldn't listen to him because it would blow the procesutor's case. I almost asked him why the authorities didn't make him "disappear" like they did the rest of the evidence they destoryed (according to him); but I decided not to humor him...

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    And the grassy knoll:

SF3.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X