X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    It ended with a cliff hanger that probably could be considered a conclusion but I really wanted more.
    I read somewhere that King wanted four more episodes to wrap it up, but the network declined. I do remember the ratings being a disappointment in comparison to other King TV projects.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    It ended with a cliff hanger that probably could be considered a conclusion but I really wanted more.
    I read somewhere that King wanted four more episodes to wrap it up, but the network declined. I do remember the ratings being a disappointment in comparison to other King TV projects.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I kind of remember the way it ended it could have been the end of it or if could have gone on. I did enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    If I remember correctly it is 7 episodes and unfortunately it was cancelled without a conclusion. I have been wanting to watch this one again!
    I kind of remember the way it ended it could have been the end of it or if could have gone on. I did enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Glad to hear that this is a multi-disc set. I've become pretty spoiled lately with a bunch of Scream Factory and Criterion remastered blu-rays so I'm kinda wish we were getting HD versions (seriously, how is the only version of The Dead Zone Blu-ray available on Amazon an import?!), but for the price this is really hard to beat.

It's been awhile, but wasn't Golden Years like a 8-episode event?
    If I remember correctly it is 7 episodes and unfortunately it was cancelled without a conclusion. I have been wanting to watch this one again!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Glad to hear that this is a multi-disc set. I've become pretty spoiled lately with a bunch of Scream Factory and Criterion remastered blu-rays so I'm kinda wish we were getting HD versions (seriously, how is the only version of The Dead Zone Blu-ray available on Amazon an import?!), but for the price this is really hard to beat.

It's been awhile, but wasn't Golden Years like a 8-episode event?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Martin thanks for researching another $20 from my pocket.��
    Happy to help

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Martin thanks for researching another $20 from my pocket.��

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Looks like it is an 8 disc set:

https://shop.tcm.com/stephen-king-mo...n/032429306630

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I had not even noticed that. Now I have to do some research. I can't believe they would do that but I need to make sure.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I was thinking the same thing. I’m hoping the listing is incorrect as well.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    If the amazon listing is right that it’s 19 hours on one disc, the video compression is going to be horrible. You’ll be better off recording an OTA UHF signal onto a VHS tape using SLP speed.

Hopefully the listing is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    started a topic New King DVD Boxed set coming in June:

New King DVD Boxed set coming in June:

This one is an easy buy for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-King-...ephen+king+dvd
Working...
X