X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    It was in the Suntup thread. He must have taken it down! I clicked on the Vimeo links that used to go to the video of all the finished editions and now it directs to the signature sheet video. Maybe he felt like he was ruining the surprise. In the video he mentions that he doesn't want to give too much of look at the dust jacket of the gift edition. But it's video. It can be stopped and enlarged. Which I did.

Could be there was something else in the vid that showed more than he wanted to share.

I guess you'll just have to save your amazement and savor your score in a few days.
    I enjoy watching Paul's enthusiasm so hopefully he will post it again once everything has been shipped. Wish you were getting a signed so watch your unboxing video!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I did not see this video. The only one I have seen from him was when he opened the package of signature sheets. Where on TDT is the video?
    It was in the Suntup thread. He must have taken it down! I clicked on the Vimeo links that used to go to the video of all the finished editions and now it directs to the signature sheet video. Maybe he felt like he was ruining the surprise. In the video he mentions that he doesn't want to give too much of look at the dust jacket of the gift edition. But it's video. It can be stopped and enlarged. Which I did.

Could be there was something else in the vid that showed more than he wanted to share.

I guess you'll just have to save your amazement and savor your score in a few days.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    You guys are so lucky! I'll have to wait for Paul to get around to the gift editions at the end of the month. I will say, the gift edition also looks stunning. I'm not sure if you all have seen the video posted on TDT. But he showed the finished copies of each edition and even the gift edition is drool-inducing. So I'm not as sad as I was when I missed out on the numbered.

Seeing those books made me so happy that I jumped on Hill House. I will (try like hell to) own every Suntup book. I'm safe on the non-King track. I'll fight like hell to get on the numbered King track. But I'm also hoping that I have right of first refusal on the King gift editions. Seems like those who are current customers should get a small preorder window even on the gift editions. Though, which King book would Suntup do that hasn't been done? Which one deserves a limited treatment that hasn't gotten one? My guess--Lisey's Story.

Anyway, happy to be here at the dawn of this era. Since I missed the beginning of Centipede and Cemetery Dance. Though I heard whispers, I didn't do a damn thing until IT. Then I started paying attention and money.
    I did not see this video. The only one I have seen from him was when he opened the package of signature sheets. Where on TDT is the video?

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    It was my destiny!

Hahaha--well now you know why you bought your TEOTD portfolio! Fate was calling you from somewhere in time.

I bought my IT gift edition direct from CD and I think it was my first CD purchase. I think I really committed after The Dark Man. That's when it became an addiction.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

This book still doesn’t feel real to me because it still surprises/shocks me that I managed to get a copy. The only reason I did was because I owned a copy of The Eyes of the Dragon portfolio because it sounded cool. (And sadly after I got it, I was left with the feelings of now what what do I do with this, and why did I buy this?)

I too discovered CD through IT and managed to snag a gift edition from Amazon of all places.
    Hahaha--well now you know why you bought your TEOTD portfolio! Fate was calling you from somewhere in time.

I bought my IT gift edition direct from CD and I think it was my first CD purchase. I think I really committed after The Dark Man. That's when it became an addiction.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I haven’t seen the video - and now that I know about it, I’m kind of leaning towards not watching it just so when my editions (I also ordered a gift edition) arrive, they’ll both be surprises.

This book still doesn’t feel real to me because it still surprises/shocks me that I managed to get a copy. The only reason I did was because I owned a copy of The Eyes of the Dragon portfolio because it sounded cool. (And sadly after I got it, I was left with the feelings of now what what do I do with this, and why did I buy this?)

I too discovered CD through IT and managed to snag a gift edition from Amazon of all places.

You guys are so lucky! I'll have to wait for Paul to get around to the gift editions at the end of the month. I will say, the gift edition also looks stunning. I'm not sure if you all have seen the video posted on TDT. But he showed the finished copies of each edition and even the gift edition is drool-inducing. So I'm not as sad as I was when I missed out on the numbered.

Seeing those books made me so happy that I jumped on Hill House. I will (try like hell to) own every Suntup book. I'm safe on the non-King track. I'll fight like hell to get on the numbered King track. But I'm also hoping that I have right of first refusal on the King gift editions. Seems like those who are current customers should get a small preorder window even on the gift editions. Though, which King book would Suntup do that hasn't been done? Which one deserves a limited treatment that hasn't gotten one? My guess--Lisey's Story.

Anyway, happy to be here at the dawn of this era. Since I missed the beginning of Centipede and Cemetery Dance. Though I heard whispers, I didn't do a damn thing until IT. Then I started paying attention and money.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    You called that one. Just got a shipping notice!
    Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    SOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Way cool, no shipping notice for me yet!
    SOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    So my signed edition of Misery was shipped today. Estimated delivery is Tuesday. Too bad it’s not Monday since I’ll be working from home that day. Maybe FedEx will get a tailwind and Misery arrives a day early ...

Beyond excited to have this in my collection.
    Way cool, no shipping notice for me yet!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    So my signed edition of Misery was shipped today. Estimated delivery is Tuesday. Too bad it’s not Monday since I’ll be working from home that day. Maybe FedEx will get a tailwind and Misery arrives a day early ...

Beyond excited to have this in my collection.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Suntup is auctioning off an ARC of Misery for charity:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183245554180

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    This is sure to be one of the highlights to come along this year. I love how he keeps posting these updates. It just keeps me excited to see the finished product.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Paul Suntup is documenting his road to 'MISERY'.

Here is part one: https://suntup.press/the-road-to-misery-part-1/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X