Salem lot movie book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salem lot movie book

Anyone considering this? I hate paperbacks but I think the hardcover is way over priced.

http://www.centipedepress.com/studie...salemslot.html

I saw this on Jerad's newsletter earlier this week and thought the same about the price. It does look interesting but probably not enough for me to buy it.

Comment

Agreed, it looks intertesting, but I'm also not a big fan of paperbacks, but it does not look interesting enough for the hardback price!!

Comment

I bought the paperback version. CP books are always well done.

Comment

I have to say I am interested, but the prices are a bit much considering there are no signatures. Tough call, I'll be holding off for now. Hopefully I don't regret it.

Comment

I might look into the pb, but not the hardcover.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I don't see where it states the number of the print runs for the two, am I overlooking it?
              I should get a copy for my sister just to freak her out and she'll give it back. She hates the book and movie since she read it and couldn't sleep.

Comment

Amazon has the paper back edition for sale at just under $35.

Comment

good to know since with amazon you don't pay shipping. Personally, I only really want this book for a quick look through and to have in my collection and I don't feel a paperback would add much to my collection. The hardcover price is just ridiculous, Maybe if it were signed or oversized or amazingly beautiful in some way, but it isn't. I really actually quite hate the look of it. I'd still love to have it but only for under $100 shipping included

Comment

The paperback, yes. The book looks interesting, and done with care.

Comment

$250 for a book that isn't even signed is way over priced. I would never pay $40 for a paperback either.
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

I got my copy yesterday, and am 110 pages into it. If you really liked the movie, you should get this book. It's printed on a nice, high-quality paper with lots of interviews (old and new) and plenty of photos.

If you don't want to spring for a new copy, keep an eye on Centipede's scratch-and-dent section. I got a similar book about The Exorcist for $5. The cover had some surface scratches, but the book was fine apart from that.

Comment

Certainly interesting enough to think about picking up the PB.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Dave, or anyone else who has received a copy, mind loading up some pics of the PB? It would help to make a informed decision, right now I am on the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                              Dave, or anyone else who has received a copy, mind loading up some pics of the PB? It would help to make a informed decision, right now I am on the fence.
                              I can take a few pics. If I don't get to it tonight, look for them tomorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X